5 Easy Tips to Prepare for SAT Exam
SAT exam is not just about how much you know. It is also about how you strategize. It is a well-known fact that the second time around, most of the test takers improve their scores. Maybe it has to do with handling jitters well or maybe it has to do with familiarity with the exam pattern or perhaps it has to do with one’s confidence level.
Our experts reveal some important tips on maximizing SAT score and performance.
- Preparation Strategy:Fact is that if you strategize well on your strengths, you will optimize your score. So know your pressure points well. Scheduling your studies with timetables and timelines is an excellent tool for self-assessment.
- Research your colleges: Prioritize your study preferences and be aware of the cut off scores required for all of these. Keep enough time in your hands to re-attempt if you miss your ideal score. Moreover, knowing that this is not a do-or-wait-till-next-year situation will definitely ease your anxiety level. That is, if you are anxious about your performance!
- Anxiety: The ability to handle performance anxiety creates a win-win situation. If you are not the anxious type, then don’t worry as you will have the best score as per your ability in the first attempt itself! Let the applications process begin…..if not, well, we do have time, don’t we?
- Multiple attempts:Even if you believe that you are not ready for the exam, you need more practice, still, go ahead and attempt SAT once, with enough time for a second attempt.
- Free resources: There are numerous online video tutorials to help you prepare. There are multitudes of free SAT diagnostic tests to make your journey easier. Practice your readiness on those.
If not the ideal score, the SAT exam preparation will give you an idea about the exam, your handling of it and, more importantly, it will give you a reality check. So if not for the score, attempt the exam for the experience of it.