Geography: 2016: CBSE: [Delhi]: Set – II
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Why is sex ratio in some European countries recorded favourable to females? Giveone reason.Marks:1
Sex ratio in some European countries recorded favourable to females due to better socio-economic status of women and outmigrationof male population.
Name the state of India with largest area.Marks:1
Rajasthan (342239 sq km) has the largest area.
Define the term ‘technopolies.’Marks:1
Highest industries which are regionally concentrated, self-sustained and highly specialized are called technopolis.
How is ‘Barter system’ practiced among various tribal communities in the world?Marks:1
Barter is the act of trading goods or services between two or more parties without the use of money and still practiced among various tribal communities in the world.
Name the Union territory of India having lowest density of population as per 2011census.Marks:1
Density of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is 46 per sq km, which is lower than national average 382 per sq km as per 2011 census.
Name the major seaport which has been developed to relieve the pressure at Chennaiseaport.Marks:1
Ennore Port is located on the Coromandel Coast about 24 km north of Chennai Port. It has been developed to relieve the pressure at Chennai seaport.
“Leading a long and healthy life is an important aspect of human development.” Give an argument to support the statement.Marks:1
People are central to all development under the concept of human development. The basic goal of human development is to create conditions where people can live meaningful lives. A meaningful life is not just a long one. It must be a life with some purpose. This means that people must be healthy, be able to develop their talents, participate in society and be free to achieve their goals.
Study the following diagram and answer the questions that follow:
(1) Identify and name the steel plant shown in this diagram.
(2) Name the mining fields, which supply coal and limestone to this plant.
(3) Mention the source of water for this plant.Marks:3
(1) The steel plant shown in this diagram is Tata Iron and Steel Plant, Jamshedpur.
(2) The coal for this industry is brought from Joda mines in Odisha. Coking coal comes from Jharia and West Bokaro coalfields. Limestone is supplied from Birmitrapur.
(3) The rivers Subarnarekha and Kharkai provide water to the plant.
Note: The following questions are for the visually impaired candidates only in lieu of Q.No. 12
(1) Name the two integrated steel plants located in the state of Jharkhand.
(2) Name any two raw materials used in the iron and steel industry.
(3) Why is iron and steel industry known as basic industry?Marks:3
(1) Two integrated steel plant located in Jharkhand are Tata Iron and Steel Plant, Jamshedpur and Bokaro Steel Plant.
(2) Raw materials used in iron and steel industry are coal, limestone, manganese, etc.
(3) Iron and steel industry is known as basic industry because almost all sectors of Indian industry depend heavily on the iron and steel industry for their basic infrastructure.
Study the diagram given below and answer the questions that follow
Rural Settlement Pattern
(1) Identify and name the pattern of rural settlement.
(2) In which area do we find such rural settlement patterns?
(3) Give one characteristic feature of this type of settlement pattern.Marks:3
(1.) The rural pattern shown in the diagram is star like pattern.
(2) Star like rural settlements pattern are found in the countrysides of North-West Europe, plains of Yangtze Kiang, Punjab province of Pakistan and the Sutlej-Yamuna plains.
(3) Where several roads converge, star shaped settlements develop by the houses built along the roads.