Features of OOPS
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is an extension of procedural programming in which programs are made up of collection of individual units called objects that have a distinct purpose and function.
- In Java, OOP technique is used to create programs around the real world entities.
- The most important features of OOP include classes, objects, data abstraction, data encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism and dynamic binding.
- Class is an encapsulation of data members and functions which manipulate the data.
- In Java, a real world object can be implemented in the form of a software object.
- Data abstraction refers to the act of representing essential features without including background details.
- Data encapsulation is the process of wrapping up of data (characteristics) and function (behaviour) together into a single unit (class).
- Inheritance is the process of building a new class from the existing classes and organising them in a hierarchical form.
- Polymorphism is the process of using a function for more than one purpose.
- Dynamic binding is the process to link the function call with the function signature at run time, i.e., during the execution of a program.
List all the features of OOPS?Marks:1
The features are – Data hiding, Data Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Dynamic binding.
Name the property by which the same message can be sent to the objects of several classes?Marks:1
Name the concept of wrapping data and functions in a single unit?Marks:1
Name the concept in which the unessential features are hidden from the world?Marks:1
List any one feature of OOPS?Marks:1