Introduction to OOPs
- Programming languages are mainly classified into three types: machine language, assembly language and high Level Language. Machine language is referred to as binary language.
- Assembly language uses MNEMONICS to represent the elementary operation.
- High Level Language provides easy approach to users in developing their logic and to solve any problem.
- Programming paradigm is mainly classified into three types: procedural programming, modular programming and object oriented programming.
- Procedural Oriented Programming (POP) also called as imperative programming lays more emphasis on procedure than data.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is made up of collection of individual units called objects that have a distinct purpose and function.
- A class binds data and methods also called functions together in a single unit.
- A class is a set of similar objects.
- Each object of a class possesses same attributes and common behaviour.
- The software objects also have state and behavior.
- The object oriented programming helps to make program easier by dividing it into number of objects. In object oriented programming, data are not loosely attached. That is, the data can flow easily from one function to another. It allows the user to easily modify and reuse the code.
Give the syntax of creating an object with an example.Marks:3
class_name object_name = new class_name( ); The process of creating an object in Java of a class type color is written as: color red=new color( ); color green=new color( ); The keyword ‘new’ is used to allocate space in dynamic memory for the storage of data and functions belonging to the object.
What do you mean by Procedural Oriented Programming?Marks:3
Procedural Oriented Programming is also called Imperative Programming. It mainly consists of list of instructions for the computer to follow and organise them into groups known as functions. Procedural programming is totally based on functions.
What are the features of OOPS?Marks:2
Features of OOPS are:
i. Makes program easier by dividing it into objects
iii. Data not loosely attached
iv. Data easily modifiable
What are the characteristics of POP?Marks:2
The characteristics of POP are:
i. Emphasis on functions
ii. Functions share global data
iii. Data values float from one function to another
iv. Uses top down approach
In how many types programming paradigms are divided?Marks:1
Programming paradigms are divided into three types: 1) Procedural Programming 2) Modular Programming 3) Object Oriented Programming