Measures to Remove Unemployment
There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Government has launched various schemes to provide employment to urban unemployed. Write any one of them.Marks:3
The Indian government has launched Swarnajayanti Shahari RozgarYojana on 1st December, 1997. Under this scheme the government has covered urban self-employment and urban wage employment. The objective of this program was to provide gainful employment to the urban unemployed or under employed through the setting up of self-employment ventures or provision of wage employment.
Write short note on MGNREGA.Marks:3
Government helps in generating employment through a programme called MGNREGA. It was formerly known as NREGA.
Government passed National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 which was later renamed as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). This act guarantees employment of 100 days to all those workers in rural areas who are living below poverty line.
Employment Assurance Scheme is one of the employment generation schemes. Write its sponsor schema and aim.Marks:3
Employment Assurance Scheme was announced on 2nd October, 1993. It is implemented as centrally sponsored scheme. It was aimed to provide employment to poor people during lean agricultural season especially in drought prone areas, tribal areas, desert areas and hilly areas.
What special measures have been taken by the government to solve the problem of unemployment?Marks:5
The government has initiated several programmes aiming at generation of employment. Some of the special employment generation programme are as follows: Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana: Aimed to provide employment to more than a million people by setting up of 7 lakhs micro enterprises for the educated unemployed youth. Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana: Aimed to provide employment to at least one member of each poor family for 50 -100 days a year, at a work place near his residence. Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana: Aimed to provide wage employment to poor unskilled workers in rural areas. Swarnajayanti Shahari RozgarYojana: Aimed to provide gainful employment to the urban unemployed or under employed through the setting up of self-employment ventures or provision of wage employment. Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana: Aimed to bring poor families above poverty line by encouraging them to form Self-Help Groups where they can save some amount of money and lend among themselves.
The Indian government has followed long run remedies for unemployment. Write some of the measures followed by Indian government.Marks:5
Some of the measures followed by Indian government are as follows:
· High Rate of Economic Growth: Higher economic growth will lead to increase in production potential which will generate more employment opportunities.
· Increasing Investment: There is a lot of scope of employment generation in road-construction, bridge-building, house building, transport activities, etc.
· Development in Agriculture Sector: Development of agricultural and related activities in rural areas is expected to solve the problem of disguised unemployment in India.
· Rural Industrialisation: To reduce unemployment in rural areas, decentralization of industries, establishment of units related to processing of agricultural produce, encouragement to small-scale industries, etc. steps have been taken.
· Creation of Self-employment Opportunities: Government should come up with the policies of self-employment and provide assured supply of inputs, training of skills, and marketing of products.