Interchange of One Part of Speech for Another
There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Rewrite the following sentence changing the part of speech of the underlined word. Choose the right answer from the choice given below.
Respect your father and mother.Marks:1
Show respect to your father and mother.
‘Respect’ used in the first sentence as a verb. In the second the word is used as a noun.
Rewrite the following sentences using the adverb form of the words highlighted.
1. He doesnt like breads in general.
2. Betsy gave a brief introduction of the project that we shall be working on.
3. The polished floor had a gloss.
4. She has shown excellent progress in the past few years.
5. I ruined the cake without any intention.Marks:5
1. He generally dislikes breads.
2. She briefly introduced the project that we shall be working on.
3. The polished floor was glossy.
4. She has progressed excellently in the past few years.
5. I unintentionally ruined the cake.
Rewrite the following sentences using the adjective form of the words highlighted.
1. I appreciate that you answered me with complete honesty.
2. Surely she is a talented girl.
3. Jezebel is a woman of remarkable intelligence and diligence.
4. The twins gave us a great deal of trouble.
5. The child followed its father quietly.Marks:5
1. I appreciate her because she was totally honest in her answer.
2. It is sure she is a talented girl.
3. Jezebel is remarkably intelligent and diligent.
4. The twins were troublesome.
The child was quiet in following its father.
Rewrite the following sentences replacing the highlighted words by verbs of similar meaning: -
1. My aim was to win the competition.
2. Joseph is admittedly an asset to the company.
3. You should not give up on your dream.
4. The cost of the car was inclusive of taxes.
5. Jess asked for a discount in the price as the dress was damaged.Marks:5
1. I aimed to win the competition.
2. I admit that Joseph is an asset to the company.
3. You should not give up on what you dream.
4. The cost of the car included all taxes.
5. Jess told them that they must discount the price as the dress was damaged.
In the following sentences replace the highlighted words by nouns :-
1. Betty didnt bring any excessive luggage.
2. The rules and regulations for the competition are extremely confusing.
3. She doesnt possess any of her grandmothers belongings.
4. I have been attracted by the idea studying further.
5. The tenants were forcibly evacuated.Marks:5
1) Betty didnt bring any luggage in excess.
2) There is extreme confusion regarding the rules and regulations of the competition.
3) She isnt in possession of any of her grandmothers belongings.
4) The idea of studying further has been an attraction for me.
5) The tenants were evacuated by force.