There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Use the correct punctuation marks, wherever necessary, in the following paragraph:
Disconsolate ismail walks down the road toward the railway station When he sees his favourite mosque a rather ramshackle but beautiful structure he enters on impulse he sees a strange englishwoman there and angrily yells at her not to profane this sacred place the woman who turns out to be mrs Moore has respect for native customs she had taken off her shoes before entering and she acknowledged that God is here in the mosque disarms ismail, and the two chat and part as friends Mrs moore returns to the british club down the road and relates her experience at the mosque.Marks:10
Disconsolate, Ismail walks down the road toward the railway station. When he sees his favorite mosque, a rather ramshackle but beautiful structure, he enters on impulse. He sees a strange Englishwoman there, and angrily yells at her not to profane this sacred place. The woman, who turns out to be Mrs. Moore, has respect for native customs (she had taken off her shoes before entering and she acknowledged that "God is here" in the mosque) disarms Ismail, and the two chat and part as friends. Mrs. Moore returns to the British club down the road and relates her experience at the mosque.
Rewrite the following sentences using the correct punctuations and capitals.
1) my brother is watching tv
2) robert brown my best friend is going to london tomorrow
3) tonight however will be very thrilling
4) i want to buy eggs milk lettuce and bread
5) hi how do you do
6) several countries italy belgium france Luxembourg participated in the final world cup
7) yes, tom said i'll be home by evening
8) there was only one thing to do study till dawn
9) buy these things from the market a vegetables b biscuits c rice d an umbrella
10) he used the phrase you know so often that i finally said no, i don't knowMarks:5
1) My brother is watching TV.
2) Robert Brown, my best friend, is going to London tomorrow.
3) Tonight, however, will be very thrilling.
4) I want to buy eggs, milk, lettuce, and bread.
5) “Hi, how do you do?”
6) Several countries- Italy, Belgium, France, Luxembourg- participated in the last Football World Cup.
7) “Yes”, Tom said, “I'll be home by evening.”
8) There was only one thing to do: study till dawn.
9) Buy these things from the market: (a) vegetables, (b) biscuits, (c) rice, (d) an umbrella.
10) He used the phrase you know so often that I finally said, “No, I don't know.”
Correct the following sentences using appropriate punctuation:
1) We are leaving to Mumbai today
2) Is George a good sportsman
3) This is Stephens hospital
4) Do you like this gift
5) My father on the other hand does not leave me aloneMarks:5
1) We are leaving to Mumbai today.
2) Is George a good sportsman?
3) This is Stephens’ hospital.
4) Do you like this gift?
5) My father, on the other hand, does not leave me alone.
Rewrite the following sentences using apostrophe.
1) This is the house of Robert.
2) The antagonism of James put him in trouble.
3) This is the shirt of Daniel.
4) The cottage of Peter is gorgeous.
5) The colour of Diana is white.Marks:5
1) This is Robert’s house.
2) James’ antagonism put him in trouble.
3) This is Daniel’s shirt.
4) Peter's cottage is gorgeous.
5) Diana’s color is white.
I. Use a colon to improve the style of the sentence to make it more forceful.
1) The one country I really love to live in is USA.
2) You have no other options but to agree to the decision of the coach.
3) The two things the government’s success was based on were stability and determination.
4) Increasing pollution is a grave danger to mankind's endurance.
5) The only thing mankind has forgotten is to love others.Marks:5
1) The one country I really love to live in: USA.
2) You have no other options: agree to the decision of the coach.
3) The government’s success was based on two things: stability and determination.
4) The mankind is facing a grave danger to its endurance: increasing pollution.
5) Mankind has forgotten only one thing: to love others.