There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Look at the words and phrases given below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences.
(a) Lived/a very/and/king/powerful/there/great
(b) had/a/he/and/they/noble wife/were happy.
(c) of the kingdom/happy/people/the/were /also
(d) of their subjects/royal couple /attention/to all the /paid /the /needs
(e) they /their /tried/their woes/remove/to/bestMarks:5
(a) There lived a very great and powerful king.
(b) He had a noble wife and they were happy
(c) The people of the kingdom were also happy
(d) The royal couple paid attention to all the needs of their subjects
(e) They tried their best to remove their woes
Write the missing words in the following passage against the correct blank numbers.
Disturbances in (a) ______ eco-system have led (b) _________ a significant decline in the number (c) _______________ migratory birds which used to fly across (d) ________ Mediterranean in (e) _____________ winter months to warmer regions.Marks:5
The following passage has not been edited. There is one error in each of the nine lines. Write the incorrect word and the correction as given in the example against correct blank number. Also underline the correction.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are a (a)
oldest known monuscript of any book(b)
of the Bible. Some of the scroll (c)
are more than 2000 year old. (d)
They are discovered in the mid (e)
1900s in caves near a northwestern(f)
shore in Dead Sea in Palestine and Israel.(g)
The first group of scrolls are discovered (h)
in 1847 by a group of school boys on (i)
a cave. Bedouins and others has found (j)
ten more caves containing ancient writings.Marks:5
(a) a the
(b) monuscript manuscripts
(c) scroll scrolls
(d) year years
(e) are were
(f) a the
(g) in of
(h) are were
(i) on in
(j) has have
Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles. Leave the blank where an article is not required.
1. This café serves ____ best Mexican food in town.
2. ____ sugar is bad for your health.
3. I had ___ late lunch today.
4. Ryan was ____ first man to arrive in ____ meeting.
5. He is not ____ honourable man.
6. We are studying ___ German.
7. Wisdom is ____ gift of ____ heaven.
8. ____ wisdom of Solomon is great.
9. Latin is ____ difficult language.
10. Who is _____ girl sitting next to you?Marks:5
1. This café serves the best Mexican food in town.
2. Sugar is bad for your health.
3. I had a late lunch today.
4. Ryan was the first man to arrive in the meeting.
5. He is not an honourable man.
6. We are studying German.
7. Wisdom is the gift of the heaven.
8. The wisdom of Solomon is great.
9. Latin is a difficult language.
10. Who is the girl sitting next to you?
Fill in the blanks in the following paragraph with appropriate articles.
Chocolate is liked by all irrespective of ____ child or ____ adult. Now-a-days, different types of edible products mixed with chocolate powder are available in ____ market. ____ chocolate tree may sound strange but chocolate really does come from trees. ____ tree called ‘cocoa’ is ____ source of all cocoa powder and chocolate. ____ cocoa beans are kept in ____ damp place for ____ few days to smell like ____ chocolate.Marks:5
Chocolate is liked by all irrespective of a child or an adult. Now-a-days, different types of edible products mixed with chocolate powder are available in the market. A chocolate tree may sound strange but chocolate really does come from trees. A tree called ‘cocoa’ is the source of all cocoa powder and chocolate. The cocoa beans are kept in a damp place for a few days to smell like a chocolate.