There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Change the nouns of the underlined words from feminine to masculine.
1. The manageress of the hotel is still a spinster.
2. In the story, the lioness was killed by the heroine.
3. My sister–in–law is a postmistress.
4. The countess has one sister.
5. The poetess wrote a poem praising the empress.Marks:5
1. The manager of the hotel is still a bachelor.
2. In the story, the lion was killed by the hero.
3. My brother–in–law is a postmaster.
4. The count has one brother.
5. The poet wrote a poem praising the emperor.
Form abstract nouns from the following
1. think - thought
2. long - length
3. strong - strength
4. wise - wisdom
5. brother - brotherhood
Fill in the blanks with suitable collective nouns.
1. We saw the shepherd guiding a _____ of sheep to the night shelter.
2. The police nabbed a _____ of thieves from an abandoned building.
3. Don’t forget to buy a _____ of bananas when you go to the market.
4. The _____ of pupils are writing down the notes attentively.
5. Keep back the _____of tools in the toolbox.Marks:5
1. We saw the shepherd guiding a flock of sheep to the night shelter.
2. The police nabbed a gang of thieves from an abandoned building.
3. Don’t forget to buy a bunch of bananas when you go to the market.
4. The class of pupils are writing down the notes attentively.
5. Keep back the set of tools in the toolbox.
Rewrite the following sentences using the plural form of the underlined words.
1. Where did you keep the knife?
2. A Goose likes to spend time in water.
3. a Piano is more expensive than other musical instruments.
4. The officer sent a policeman to arrest the accused.
5. Where did you keep my luggage?Marks:5
1. Where did you keep the knives?
2. Geese like to spend time in water.
3. Pianos are more expensive than other musical instruments.
4. The officer sent some policemen to arrest the accused.
5. Where did you keep my luggage?
Decide whether the underlined nouns are countable or uncountable.
1. Doctors should be extremely careful because they are dealing with life.
2. Two policemen were arrested for taking bribe.
3. I bought two bottles of Coca Cola for the party.
4. Please give me some juice to drink.
5. Directions for the new candidates will be published on our web site.Marks:5