There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Write the synonyms of the underlined words.
1. He was declared insolvent and his property auctioned.
2. His treatment of his employees was very tyrannical.
3. Surely they will not tolerate such a troublesome member in their society.
4. The sergeant always gave a gruff answer to the soldier's questions.
5. Ian is nothing like his brother. He is not as industrious as him.Marks:5
3. Problematic/ Dangerous
5. Productive/ Conscientious
Match the following with their correct antonyms.
1. Spontaneous- Profuse
2. Queer- Affable
3. Altruistic- Agitated
4. Scanty- Petty
5. Brevity- Credulous
6. Magnanimous- Aggressive
7. Cynical- Orchestrated
8. Acrimonious- Confused
9. Bashful- Ordinary
10. Placid- EgoisticalMarks:5
1. Spontaneous- Orchestrated 2. Queer- Ordinary 3. Altruistic- Egoistical 4. Scanty- Profuse 5. Brevity- Confused 6. Magnanimous- Petty 7. Cynical- Credulous 8. Acrimonious- Affable 9. Bashful- Aggressive 10. Placid- Agitated
Fill in the blanks with appropriate antonyms.
1. Unscrupulous elements always _______ (repel) criminals to commit more crimes
2. The dancers wore _______ (simplify) dresses.
3. It would be _______ (cautious) of them to make up their minds before they have heard both the sides.
4. He supported his theory with _______ (lacking) evidences.
5. The boss _______ (commenced) the services of his inefficient subordinates.Marks:5
Match the synonyms of the words with its meaning:
1. Abash - Disloyal, Deceitful, Duplicitous
2. Predicament - Ardent, Emphatic, Fervent
3. Allure - Plight, Difficulty, Perplexity
4. Vehement- humiliate, debase, embarrass
5. Treacherous- Charm, Invite, EnticeMarks:5
1. Abash - humiliate, debase, embarrass
2. Predicament - Plight, Difficulty, Perplexity
3. Allure - Charm, Invite, Entice
4. Vehement- Ardent, Emphatic, Fervent
5. Treacherous- Disloyal, Deceitful, Duplicitous
Select the correct synonyms for the following words:
[Genial, Bold, Arrogant, Agile, Faith]
1. Affable -
2. Gallant -
3. Conceited -
4. Nimble -
5. Creed −Marks:5