Growth of Nationalism
- Radicals developed the idea of ‘Passive Resistance’ as the only effective means to wrest India from British rule.
- Radical movement had failed in the absence of leadership.
- That was why some of youths adopted the path of revolutionary and terrorist activit
- In 1894, there was change of guard in England with the defeat of the Liberal party in the election.
- Political changes in England undermined the previous concessions and the emergence of nationalism in India.
- This was a period of heightened-feeling of Indian Nationali