Rise of Nazism: Germany (1933-39)
- After Germany’s defeat in World War I,
- Birth of Weimar Republic took place.
- But it faced many problems. It had to accept Treaty of Versailles, forced upon it by Allied Powers.
- During Great Depression, USA withdrew support, leading to Unemployment, Lo
- Hitler established dictatorship in Germany in March 1933, banned all political parties.
- He had complete authority over economy, army, media and judiciary.
- Hitler snatched the autonomy of the Federal States of Germany by abolishing all provincial Diets.