Scope of Political Science
- Politics or Political science deals with the political behavior of human beings and the institutions related to them. State is the central theme of study in Political Science. It studies about the origin, nature, purpose and functions of the State and includes the study of past, present and future of the state.
- The scope of politics includes study of state, government, political systems, political thought and ideologies, man as a political being, political groups and political structures, elections and political participation, leadership, comparative politics and constitutions, concepts, theories and approaches, political behavior.
- Its scope also includes study of similarities and dissimilarities, study of environment of politics, study of power, influence and authority, study of infrastructure, study of comparative politics, international politics and public administration and interdisciplinary study.
- The past and present of the state is studied to foresee the future of the state.Government is the mechanism through which the will of the state is formulated, expressed and realized.
- Various ideologies and isms like Individualism, Idealism, Communism, Socialism, Fascism and Gandhism also contribute to the subject matter of Political Science.The traditional study of Political Science includes the concepts like Sovereignty, Law, liberty, Rights etc.
- The modern Political Science includes the study of Power, Authority, and Legitimacy etc.The success of democracy depends upon the political consciousness of its people.
- The importance of Political Science as a guide to social policy and in the field of decision making is increasing day by day. It is rightly said that one may leave politics but politics will never leave one alone.
- Political Science is important because it provides education in Citizenship, knowledge of State and Government, knowledge about Democracy and helps to Understand Our Problems and Needs.
- It provides knowledge of world constitutions, inculcates Love for Peace and Security, prepares for our Future and is a source of International Understanding. It provides knowledge of Actual Working of Government and helps in securing developmental goals.
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
What approach is best suited for studying Political Science?Marks:1
Inter-disciplinary approach is best way in order to study of political science.
Money is the central concept of economics, what is the central concept of political science?Marks:1
Just as the concept of money is central to economics, the concept of power is central to the study of Political Science. Man is a political animal and he seeks power to protect his interests and form associations.
What is an integrated approach to study the discipline of Political Science?Marks:1
The study of traditional and modern approach together constitutes an integrated approach to study Political Science.
What is the central theme of the discipline of Political Science?Marks:1
State and Government is the central theme of the discipline of political science.
Name the Social Science which is the mother of all social sciences.Marks:1
Sociology is the mother of all social sciences.