- Italy was devastated after the First World War. The economic effects of the First World War on Italy were disastrous. Italy had been cheated by the allies in the First World War which sowed the seeds of hatred and revenge in the nation. In this condition Fascism was formulated in Italy after the First World War.
- Fascism was an ideology compounded of the teachings of Machiavelli’s doctrine of oppression, Hegel’s political absolutism, Sorel’s doctrine of violence, and William James Pragmatism.
- Fascism commonly got associated with the name of Mussolini who started the rule of Blood and Iron in Italy. Fascism is the despotic organisation of government and society by a single party dictatorship.
- It is intensely nationalist, militarist and imperialist. After the establishment of fascist state in Italy, Mussolini along with Rocco laid down the principles and determinants of project fascist ideology or Fascism.
- Fascism believes in the application of the principle of totalitarianism in all spheres of life and governance of society. Fascism regards individual as a mere tool to achieve the political ends of the state.
- The basic principles of fascism are distrust of reason, denial of human equality, glorification of war and violence, distrust in democracy, faith in totalitarianism, racism and imperialism, opposition to internationalism, absolute sovereignty of nation state, repudiation of socialism and individualismand one party government and corporate state.
- The basic feature of fascism is the concept of one ideology, one party and one leader. The party system was considered to be problematic and inefficient. Some critics are of the view that Fascism was a movement of bourgeoisie resistance to the socialist reforms as the fascists supported private property and denounced socialism.
- Fascism is anti-intellectual in content. Under fascism educated people talk un-necessarily and play with knowledge without knowing their own responsibility. The fascist doctrine is alien to human understanding and reason. Again it believes in propaganda for indoctrinating the minds of the people. It believes in brain washing.
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Fascist doctrine is not influenced byMarks:1
Mussolini declared, Fascism was an ideology compounded of the teachings of Machiavellis doctrine of oppression, Hegels political absolutism, Sorels doctrine of violence, and William James Pragmatism. Fascism decries the concept of socialism. It repudiates the materialistic conception of history.
Fascism advocate aggressive nationalism, but they are opposed toMarks:1
Fascism advocates aggressive nationalism and anti-internationalism. The fascists celebrate warfare and imperialist expansion.
Mussolini the chief exponent of Fascism developed the fascist ideology withMarks:1
After the establishment of fascist state in Italy, Mussolini along with Rocco laid down the principles and determinants of Fascism. In the process they borrowed and never hesitated to borrow anything from anywhere.
Fascism believes in which kind of party system to run entire administration?Marks:1
One party system
The basic slogan of Fascism is one party, one leader, one ideology and one state. It believes that the party system of government was a source of weakness. It does not permit opposition party. In Fascist Italy even trade unions were dissolved.
After which war, Fascism was formulated in Italy?Marks:1
First World War
Italy was devastated after the First World War. The economic effects of the First World War on Italy were disastrous. Fascism had its birth in Italy immediately after the First World War, because Italy had been bluffed at the treaty of Versailles in 1919