Training & Development
Training and Development is an attempt to improve the current or future performance of employee by increasing an employee’s ability to perform through learning, usually by changing the employee’s attitude or increasing his or her skills and knowledge. Training includes any process by which aptitudes, skills and abilities of employees are increased to perform specific jobs. Development refers to the learning opportunities which are designed to help employees grow.
• For training an initiative comes from the employer where as for development initiative comes from the employee itself. Training and Development provide benefits like: systematic learning,
• enhances employee productivity,
• creates future managers,
• reduces absenteesm and employees turnover,
• effective response to environment and
• minimises supervision and control.
Benefits of staffing to employees are better career options, increased performance, increased efficiency in handling operations and increased job-satisfaction and morale. Training cycle consists of identifying the need; deliver training and evaluating training. Training methods are broadly categorised into two groups:
• On-the-job methods impart training by learning while doing. On-the-job training methods are classified as apprenticeship training, job rotation, and internship and coaching.
• Off-the-job methods impart training by learning before doing: Off-the-job training methods are classified into vestibule training, conferences, case study method, films, computer modeling and programmed instructions.