- James Gosling developed Java at Sun Microsystems. The initial name of this language was Oak but it was renamed in 1995 as Java.
- To use Java for internet programming, a dynamic feature called applet was added to the language. Java is a programming language as well as a platform.The concept of write-once-run-anywhere makes Java a powerful language. The programs written on one platform can run on any platform provided the platform must have the JVM.
- Java offers many security features to make its programs safe and secure. Java offers many built-in graphics features and routines, which can be used to make Java application more visual.
- Java is platform independent as the programs written on one platform can run on any platform. Java is a platform for application development as well. Java is a combination of both Java API and JVM.
- The bytecode is machine-independent and can run on any machine that has Java interpreter, which is part of the Java Virtual Machine.
- Java byte code obtained after compilation is interpreted by a special Java interpreter, called Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- JVM interprets the bytecode and converts it into machine language on which the program is running.
Java was originally named asMarks:1
Explanation:This language was developed by Sun Microsystems of USA in 1991.
Java is a popularMarks:1
third generation language.
Explanation:It is a high level programming language, which is included in 3GLs. It can be used for internet or intranet applications.
Java is both compiled andMarks:1
Explanation:At first, the Java source code (in .java files) is compiled into bytecode. When the Java application starts, the bytecode is interpreted by the Java Virtual Machine.
Java solves the problem of platform-independence by usingMarks:1
Explanation:Java programs can run on any platform. This is because java code is first converted to byte code, which is platform independent. Then it is translated into the native language of host machine using interpreter.
JVM stands forMarks:1
Java Virtual Machine.
Explanation:Java Virtual Machine is an abstract machine that is implemented on the top of the existing processors.