Kinds of Sentences
There is no content available!
Change the form of the following sentences without changing their meaning.
(a) I am so clever that I cannot be fooled easily.
(b) As soon as granny opened the letter she started crying.
(c) It is never too late to mend things.
(d) No sooner did the store open than I barged in frantically to fetch a dress for myself.
(e) I was so young that I could not understand relationships.Marks:5
(a) I am too clever to be fooled easily.
(b) No sooner did granny open the letter than she started crying.
(c) It is never so late that one cannot mend things.
(d) As soon as the store opened, I barged in frantically to fetch a dress for myself.
(e) I was too young to understand relationships.
Do as directed.
1. I was very surprised when I heard the news. (Change to exclamatory sentence)
2. If only I were young again! (Change to assertive sentence)
3. Will you please help me? (Change to Imperative)
4. Please take me to the director of the institute. (Change to interrogative)
5. I shall never forget those happy days. (Change to Interrogative)Marks:5
1. How surprised I was when I heard the news!
2. I wish I were young again.
3. Help me.
4. Will you please take me to the director of the institute?
5. Shall I ever forget those happy days?
Convert the following sentences from affirmative to negative.
1. John read Marys Diary only after her death.
2. I refrained from making suggestions.
3. Always solve the problems by facing them.
4. We always tell the truth.
5. Everyone easily noticed those beautiful eyes of Diana.Marks:5
1. John never read Marys Diary until after her death.
2. I did not make suggestions.
3. Never solve the problems by running away from them.
4. We never tell lies.
5. Nobody could fail to notice those beautiful eyes of Diana.
Add the correct ending punctuation. Then write whether the sentence is declarative, imperative, interrogative, or exclamatory.
1. I am not going to let you get a tattoo _______
2. The smoke alarm battery should be changed at least once a year _______
3. Get up out of that bed immediately _______
4. Stop, take your hands off of me ______
5. Why are you so late _____Marks:5
1. No way! I am not going to let you get a tattoo. (Assertive)
2. The smoke alarm battery should be changed at least once a year. (assertive)
3. Get up out of that bed immediately. (Imperative)
4. Stop, take your hands off of me! (Exclamatory)
5. Why are you so late? (Interrogative)
Identify the type of sentence.
1. Be quiet, please.
2. What a pity!
3. His machine has ceased to work.
4. Done be pertinent
5. What can I do for you?Marks:5