There is no content available!
Fill in the blanks by inserting must or the present, future or past form of have to:
1. English children ______ stay at school till the age of 16.
2. The shops here dont deliver. We ____ carry everything home ourselves.
3. You _______ come on time to work everyday.
4. Park notice: All dogs _____ be kept on leads.
5. If you buy that television set you _____ buy a license for it.Marks:5
1. have to
2. have to
3. have to
5. will have to
Insert correct forms of may/might in the sentences.
1. If we reach there early we _____ get a good seat.
2. The flight was cancelled because the weather _____ have been too bad.
3. You ought to go to his lectures, you _____ learn something.
4. Ill wait a week so that he ____ have time to think it over.
5. I bought a lottery ticket I ____ win $10000.Marks:5
Insert it is/ there is in the sentences:
a. Last night ____ a heavy rainfall which flooded all the roads.
b. As he had very bad sight _____ difficult for him to recognise people.
c. ____ lunch time when we get to York, so lets have lunch there.
d. We have done all we can ______ nothing to do but wait.
e. Come on, children! _____ time to get up!Marks:5
a. there was
b. it was
c. It will be
d. there is
e. it is
Add correct form of be in the sentences:
1. It ____ difficult to read the document upside down.
2. She is learning Italian. She ____ (teach) by a professor from Milan.
3. Its better _____ too early than too late.
4. The matter _____ discussed in tomorrows debate.
5. The queen ___ the new hospital next week. (open)Marks:5
2. is being taught
3. to be
4. is to be/ will be
5. is to open/ is opening
Fill in the blanks with correct forms of have adding got wherever possible.
a. It is no good arguing with someone who _______ a bee in his bonnet.
b. How many sides _______ a pentagon?
c. Red haired people always _______ bad tempers?
d. Children nowadays ______ far too much pocket money.
e. The houses in your country ______ flat roofs?Marks:5
a. has got
b. has a pentagon got?
c. Do red haired people always have bad tempers?
e. Do the houses in your country have got flat roofs?