There is no content available!
Choose the correct auxiliary from the brackets and rewrite the sentences.
1. The boys (is, am, are) plying in the park.
2. (Are, be, do) they immigrating to USA?
3. I should reach the airport, as they might (have, has, be) already reached.
4. I (was, were, will) completing my assignment last night.
5. The group of children gathered in the main hall and (is, was, were) waiting for the chief guest.Marks:5
Use had to as the past tense of must and didn’t need as a past tense of needn’t.
1. We must fill the form very carefully.
2. Do you understand what he is saying?
3. Tom dares not complain.
4. She thinks that it may cost $ 500.
5. They aren’t expecting me, are they?Marks:5
1. We had to fill the form very carefully.
2. Did you understand what he was saying?
3. Tom dared not to complain.
4. She thought that it might cost $500.
5. They weren’t expecting me, were they?
Add (and) neither/nor + the auxiliary + the noun/ pronoun in brackets:
a. Amanda couldn’t understand. (Andrew)
b. This telephone doesn’t work. (that)
c. My father wouldn’t mind. (my mother)
d. Peter’s car won’t start. (mine)
e. I don’t believe it. (Ann)Marks:5
a. Amanda couldn’t understand neither could Andrew.
b. This telephone doesn’t work neither does that.
c. My father wouldn’t mind neither would my mother.
d. Peter’s car won’t start neither will mine.
e. I don’t believe it neither does Ann.
Add (and) so+ the noun/pronoun in brackets+ the auxiliary. If there is no auxiliary then use do/does/did.
1. John will be there. (Tom)
2. I am getting out at the next stop. (my friend)
3. Linda used to work in a restaurant. (I)
4. George is a writer. (Henry)
5. This bus goes to Piccadilly. (that)Marks:5
1. John will be there and so will Tom.
2. I am getting out at the next stop and so is my friend.
3. Linda used to work in a restaurant and so did I.
4. George is a writer and so is Henry.
5. This bus goes to Piccadilly and so does that.
Fill in the blanks with appropriate verb forms of ‘be’, ‘have’ and ‘do’.
a. They ________ violated the terms of the agreement.
b. Linda _______ playing the guitar when I reached her place.
c. _______ you know who is the chief guest of the ceremony.
d. __________ you ever been to Paris?
e. She _________ look rather shabby.Marks:5