Single Word for Group of Words
There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Fill in the blanks with the single word for a group of words.
1. The church in our parish is quite renowned. Every year, thousands of _______ come here.
2. My sister is very interested in the study of planets and stars. She wants to be an ______.
3. Brad is an ___________. I have never seen him worrying about the future.
4. My brother doesn't believe in God. He is an ___________.
5. My friend Sara is an _________ and represents our state in badminton.Marks:5
Give a single word for the following sentences:
1. A place where clothes are cleaned ________
2. A place for reading and studying books __________
3. A place where birds are kept __________
4. One who likes collects postage-stamps___________
5. One who cannot pay his debts________
6. One who cannot read or write ____________
7. A person who eats no meat _______
8. A person who lacks courage _______
9. People at a lecture or concert ______
10. Soldiers in a fortress _______Marks:10
5. Bankrupt or insolvent
Fill in the blanks with the correct word for a group of words
1. Harry cannot speak because he is _________
2. My great grandmother could not read as she was __________
3. The Harrisons became ___________ after Mr. Harrison's business failed.
4. ________ is also a synonym for God!
5.My friend Ben is a _________. He collects postal stamps.
6. The church in our parish is quite renowned. Every year, thousands of _______ come on pilgrimage.
7. My sister is very interested in the study of planets and stars. She wants to be an ______.
8. Brad is an ___________. I have never seen him worrying about the future.
9.My brother doesn't believe in God. He is an ___________.
10.My friend Sara is an _________ and represents our state in badminton.Marks:10
Match the following:
1. That which cannot be cured a) Universal
2. A person who leaves one’s country b) Emigrant
3. A person lacking knowledge c) Ignoble
4. That which cannot be believed d) Linguist
5. That which cannot be destroyed e) Wholesome
6. A person who is morally bad f) Panacea
7. A person skilled in various languages g) Incurable
8. That which conduces to health h) Indestructible
9. That which is found everywhere i) Ignorant
10. Something that will cure all illnesses j) IncredibleMarks:10
- That which cannot be cured
- A person who leaves one’s own country
- A person lacking knowledge
- That which cannot be believed
- That which cannot be destroyed
- A person who is morally bad
- A person skilled in various languages
- That which conduces to health
- That which is found everywhere
- Something that will cure all illnesses
Complete the following sentences taking cues from sentences before or after them:
a. Annie is liked by all the teachers and students. She is very ___________.
b. Jim is always in trouble due to his negative approach towards life. Jim is a __________.
c. We have a huge _____________ in our school. It is well equipped with all the necessary chemicals to carry out scientific experiments.
d. My mom called me when I was at the music concert. I couldn’t hear a single word of what she said as she was___________.
e. Jane is never ready to mend her ways. Frankly talking she is __________.Marks:5