There is no content available!
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Choose the correct homophones to make meaningful sentences.
(i) The dark _______ (vale/ veil) seemed too distant from even a little height.
(ii) In the ring Jerry ______ (feinted/ fainted) with his right hand and suddenly swung a left.
(iii) The great majority of the people of Mexico are of mixed Spanish and indigenous _______ (descent/ decent).
(iv) Ronald believes that the ______ (cession/ session) of Bills farmhouse was fair.
(v) ______ (Bails/ bales) of clothes went missing from the warehouse.
(vi) Mom has asked me to _______ (ring/ wring) out the clothes before hanging them out in the sun.
(vii) The ______ (aide/ aid) to the governor asked about our concerns.
(viii) The knight rode his ______ (hoarse/ horse).
(ix) The artefact was made up of _____ (led/ lead).
(x) The _____ (reign/ rein) of Queen Victoria lasted for more than sixty-three years.Marks:10
(i) The dark vale seemed too distant from even a little height.
(ii) In the ring Jerry feinted with his right hand and suddenly swung a left.
(iii) The great majority of the people of Mexico are of mixed Spanish and indigenous descent.
(iv) Ronald believes that the cession of Bills farmhouse was fair.
(v) Bales of clothes went missing from the warehouse.
(vi) Mom has asked me to wring out the clothes before hanging them out in the sun.
(vii) The aide to the governor asked about our concerns.
(viii) The knight rode his horse.
(ix) The artefact was made up of lead.
(x) The reign of Queen Victoria lasted for more than sixty-three years.
Pick the correct answer:
1. The thieves tried to ________ the expensive sculpture.
2. She dreamt of being rescued by a handsome _________ in shining armour.
3. Our school __________ is very kind and intellectual lady.
4. I am going to _________ a new dress on my best friend’s wedding.
5. The _________ play talks about political freedom.
1. (a) Steal
2. (b) Knight
3. (a) Principal
4. (a) Wear
5. (b) Whole
Find out the correct answer in the following grid:
1. These days statues are made up of ___________ instead of bronze.
2. Cinnabar is an _________ of mercury.
3. John will __________ Sam at the airport.
4. The teachers _________ Janet for her hard work in studies.
5. Aaron’s ________ is good at athletics.
State whether the following sentences are true or false. Please correct the false sentences:
1. The raise of the sun in the morning looked beautiful!
2. Every weekend there is a sail at Hyde Park Corner.
3. The old man was groaning in pain.
4. My parents believe in the principle of equality for all.
5. Ashton’s new bike was stolen last knight.Marks:5
1. False (The rays of the sun looked beautiful in the morning.)
2. False (Every weekend there is a sale at Hyde Park Corner.)
5. False (Ashton’s new bike was stolen last night.)
Fill the correct word in the blanks:
1. My kid has _________ out of his old clothes.
2. Sam was pleased to ___________ his friend Joshua.
3. I do ___________ want to go shopping now.
4. The dog was digging a _________ in the backyard.
5. I prefer ________ milk to flavoured ones.
1. (a) Grown
2. (a) Meet
3. (b) Not
4. (a) Hole
5. (b) Plain