• A body is said to be at rest if it does not change its position with respect to its immediate surroundings.
• A body is said to be in motion if it changes its position with respect to its immediate surroundings.
• A body is said to have the translator motion if every point on the moving body moves through the same distance in same interval of time.
• The motion of a body in a straight line is called the rectilinear or linear motion.
• The motion of a body in a curved path is called curvilinear motion.
• When a body moves in a circular path, the motion is said to be circular motion or revolving motion. It is a case of curvilinear motion.
• The to and fro motion of a body from its mean position is said to be oscillatory motion.
• The to and fro motion of a part of body keeping its rest part fixed, is called vibratory motion.
• If motion is repeating after a regular interval of time it is called periodic motion.
• If motion is not repeating after a regular interval of time it is called non periodic motion.
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
The motion of a toy train engine as shown in the image below is
Circular motion involves motion along a circle, a circular path or a circular orbit .
Motion of light is calledMarks:1
Explanation:Motion in a straight line is called rectilinear motion. Light travels in straight line. Hence, its motion is rectilinear.
The motion of a pendulum is an example ofMarks:1
Explanation:Motion of a pendulum, i.e., to and fro motion is periodic because it repeats itself again and again at regular intervals of time.
An example of rectilinear motion isMarks:1
a striker moving across a carrom board.
Explanation:Rectilinear motion means motion along a straight line. Examples : motion of a vehicle on the straight road, a striker moving across a carrom board, etc. A car moving on a curved path, a ball tied to a string and whirled around are examples of circular motion. The child moving on a swing is an example of periodic motion.
A kite flying in the sky undergoesMarks:1
Random motion includes irregular path of motion.