Earth as a Planet
- During earlier times it was believed that the shape of the Earth is a flat disc.
- The main believers of this idea were the Greeks, the Babylonians and, the ancient Indians.
- Aryabhatta, the famous Indian astronomer believed that Earth was spherical in shape and rotated
- Life on the earth exists in a narrow zone called Biosphere. All the necessities for life are fond in this zone. It is the narrow realm of contact and interaction among Atmosphere, Lithosphere and Hydrosphere.
- Energy that brings these three domains together is that of the sun. L