• Hydrosphere comprises of water in different forms. Water is present in the form of water vapour, rivers, lakes and oceans, glaciers and underground water.
• Earth is the only planet with large amount of surface water. More than 71% of the ear
- Approximately 71% of the earth’s surface is covered by oceans, which are dynamic in nature. Ocean water moves horizontally and vertically. Its movement is influenced by temperature, salinity, density and the external forces like Sun, Moon and winds.
- The horizontal motions
- More than 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered with oceans. Oceans are dynamic in nature. They move horizontally and vertically. The vertical movement of the oceans is known as tides.
- The periodical rise and fall of the oceanic water is called tides. It is due to the att