Global Warming and Green House Effect
- Earth is surrounded by atmosphere. The atmosphere acts as a warming blanket of air around the earth.
- The earth’s atmosphere contains small amount of carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, methane, water vapors and other gases in the atmosphere known as greenhouse gases.
- Greenhouse gases help in increasing the temperature of the earth by retaining heat through a process known as greenhouse effect.
- This phenomenon of rising the temperature of earth’s surface due to presence of greenhouse gases is known as global warming.
- Consequences of global warming are warming of oceans, melting of glacier, dislocation and disappearance of plant and animal species and generation of new diseases and health issues etc.
- Different ways that should be implemented to prevent global warming are Technological measures which include generation of electricity by using renewable sources of energy, using bio-char stoves for cooking etc. Economic measures include reforestation and paying carbon tax to government and policy measures include educating children and population control.
To Access the full content, Please Purchase
Which radiation is absorbed by greenhouse gases?Marks:1
Infrared radiations are absorbed by greenhouse gases.
Name few green house gases.Marks:1
Carbon dioxide, methane and chlorofluorocarbon etc.
What is global warming?Marks:1
Rise in the temperature of earth’s surface due to rise in the green housegases is known as global warming.
How the coastal areas will get affected by global warming?Marks:1
Due to global warming, temperature will rise significantly which will lead to melting of glaciers, due to which water level will rise in seas and because of which chances of floods will increase.
What kind of cooking device should be used for smokeless cooking by using biomass?Marks:1
Bio-Char stove are the smokeless cooking devices that should be used for cooking purposes.