How Can Indian Schools Help Their Students with Competitive Exam Preparation
In modern education, schools are responsible for giving their students much more than just knowledge and guidance. They must shape their prospects and enable their students to thrive in a competitive world. After finishing school, students must face competitive exams to test their critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management abilities. Schools can improve the prospects of their students by helping them prepare for competitive exams while in school.
7 Key Strategies for Schools to Elevate Competitive Exam Preparation for Students
However, facilitating preparation for competitive exams is easier said than done. Schools must have a proper strategy to elevate competitive exam preparation, requisite resources, and adequate technological support to prepare their students to excel in competitive exams. Here is a look at the key strategies for schools to elevate competitive exam preparation for their students:
- Establish a Supportive School Environment: The learning environment in the school is instrumental in shaping a student’s zeal for academic excellence. Establish a positive and supportive environment in your school where students are driven to pursue academic excellence to achieve their aspirations. Some ways to do this are:
- Promoting a growth-positive mindset that emphasises hard work, resilience, and continuous improvement
- Celebrating academic achievements and rewarding students’ efforts in their pursuit of knowledge
- Offer all students high-quality academic resources and support services, including academic counselling and tutoring.
- Harnessing Technology for Enhanced Learning: Empower your students by harnessing the latest technology for better learning. Education technology powered by AI, ML, and virtual reality can help create more conducive learning environments that engage students and make learning enjoyable.
- Adopt interactive learning techniques that allow students to participate actively in the learning process.
- Using engaging educational apps that use gamification and online resources to make learning fun.
- Leverage apps like Extramarks Smart Class Plus to create a dynamic and immersive learning experience.
- Developing virtual reality learning experiences that use collaborative tools to foster a tech-savvy mindset among students to prepare them for the digital challenges of competitive exams.
Extramarks offers innovative Smart Class Solutions that can improve learning experiences at all levels. It is a comprehensive learning solution for modern students who need immersive learning techniques, holistic assessments, and personalised learning opportunities. The Smart Class Plus application uses a learner-centric approach to build a dynamic, engaging learning environment that suits modern students’ learning needs.
Extramarks also partners with schools to help students prepare for competitive exams in a futuristic endeavour called School Integrated Program or SIP. Our partner schools receive all the support they need to build a conducive learning environment for test preparation. We offer operational assistance, equipment, software, and training to kickstart the SIP. We understand the need for flexibility in schools and design customised preparatory packages aligned with the curriculum.
If you are looking for efficient solutions to integrate competitive exam preparation with your school curriculum, choose the school-integrated program by Extramarks.
- Integrate Exam Preparation in the School Curriculum: Seamlessly integrate exam preparation into the regular school curriculum. It will help the students understand both the syllabi in context and reduce the burden. This can be done by
- Including all the relevant skills and concepts required for competitive exams in the regular curriculum. Align the two curriculums so that students are exposed to the contents of both syllabi throughout the year.
- Infuse competitive exam-style questions and regular practice exercises in class work to promote periodic revision.
- Enhance student engagement and understanding by including highly engaging activities like group discussions, project work, and simulations.
- Conduct Strategic Time Management Workshops: Time management skills can help students beyond their homework, competitive exams, and school. Learning good time management techniques is essential to lead a successful life. Start early by conducting time management workshops for your students to enable them to tackle competitive exams with calm and collected precision.
- Implementing Regular Mock Tests: Practice is critical for competitive exam preparation. Conducting mock exams is a proven method for success in competitive exams. Therefore, schools should create a structured schedule of mock competitive exams where the students take the exam in simulated conditions that resemble the real exam. It gives students more confidence by familiarising them with the exam format and enables them to identify their weak areas that require additional focus.
- Encourage Peer-to-Peer Learning: Build a healthy learning environment where students are keen to support and learn from one another. You can foster peer-to-peer learning in your school by:
- Organising study groups for students to work through complicated topics together and create a peer mentoring program.
- Encourage students to share learning resources and knowledge.
- Organise debates and discussions on topics related to the exams – to help students share their understanding of concepts and their views on different topics.
- Monitor Student Progress and Provide Feedback: Set up regular monitoring systems to check students’ progress throughout their preparation for competitive exams and develop a schedule to give feedback every few weeks. Some ideas for routine monitoring are:
- Conducting periodic assessments to gauge students’ understanding of the concepts taught in class.
- Reviewing practice tests and mock exams to identify areas of improvement.
- Providing personalised feedback considering the unique learning needs of every student and offering constructive suggestions for improvement.
Get your students ready for JEE/NEET exams with Extramarks School Integrated Program
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can Schools Identify and Cater to Different Learning Styles?
Schools can conduct assessments at the beginning of the academic year to categorise students based on four or five predominant learning styles. Based on these results, the instructional methods and practice style can be moulded to suit the students. This process can be more personalised and automated if the school employs digital learning resources. The applications can customise the multimedia learning resources for the students and provide varied learning resources as per the students’ preferences.
- What Role Does Technology Play in Competitive Exam Preparation?
Education technology is a powerful tool for competitive exam preparation. You can provide students with various learning resources, including interactive learning platforms, augmented and virtual reality simulations, and immersive learning experiences. Schools can use digital technology to create engaging lessons, collect critical learning data, track progress, and provide additional resources for students who need extra support.
- Are Mock Tests Beneficial for Competitive Exam Preparation?
Mock tests are exams conducted in the same manner and under the same conditions as real competitive exams. Taking a mock test familiarises students with the format, time management challenges, and other exam constraints. Mock tests are also unparalleled diagnostic tools that highlight students’ problem areas. They help students understand how to improve their performance in the competitive exams.
- How Can Collaborative Learning Environments Enhance Exam Preparation?
Collaborative learning environments include learning models like group discussions, peer teaching, and team project work. It helps students understand each other’s diverse perspectives. The collaborative learning approach helps create a supportive education ecosystem and enhances students’ understanding.
Last Updated on February 6, 2024