CBSE Class 10 English Literature Question Paper 2016
Previous Year Question Paper for CBSE Class 10 English Language & Literature – 2016
Out of the 6,500 languages spoken today, English is the third most spoken. It is spoken and taught in more than 118 countries and is often used worldwide as a trade or diplomatic language. It is used in science, aviation, computers, international relations, and tourism. It is the language of international communication, the media, and the internet.
Whether you want to learn English for work or fun, knowing how important it is will help you reach your goals. Here are some compelling reasons to continue learning and practising English.
The English language is essential to our lives because it helps us communicate with each other worldwide. It is the primary language used to learn anything anywhere in the world. English is important for students because it helps them think in new ways, builds their emotional skills, and gives them job opportunities that improve their lives.
Also, more and more people are using English as an international language because it is the only way to communicate in many countries. English is also used to publish books in the literature and media section. Because English is the language most people read, most writers write in English. Therefore, studying English is prevalent in many countries, and students learn varied language learning patterns, particularly reading skills, due to globalisation.
The best way for CBSE Class 10 students to study for their board exams is to look at the last 10 years of question papers. This is especially beneficial when students do not have much time to prepare. Students who want to do well on the Class 10 exam can learn much from the CBSE Class 10 English Literature Question Paper 2016. Most students don’t know how the exam is set up or how hard it is. Also, they don’t feel confident enough in the test because they haven’t solved the CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10. Since the CBSE Class 10 exam is the first step, students should work hard all year to prepare for it. For free, students can download the CBSE Class 10 English Literature Question Paper 2016 Solved PDF from Extramarks.
CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10 English Literature
Additionally, you can check out Year on Year CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers English:
Download Free PDF of CBSE Class 10 English Language & Literature Question Paper for 2016
On Extramarks CBSE Class 10 English Literature Question Paper 2016 is free to download as a PDF. You will improve your knowledge of the subject by reading and completing different question papers. When you know how the paper will be put together, you can strategise. When the same questions are asked yearly, it shows how important the topics are.
By completing the sample paper in the allotted time, you could speed up how fast you write. Register online at Extramarks.com for Class 10 English tutoring to do better on the CBSE board exam.
Students can get free CBSE Solutions (NCERT) and other study materials on the Extramarks platform. Students who want better explanations can download the Class 10 NCERT Solutions. This will help you review the whole syllabus and get better marks in your Examinations. Class 10 is one of the essential stages in a student’s life. If a student does well on the board exam, it will help them decide what they want to study in higher classes. To do well on the Class 12 board exam, you shouldn’t be slow in any subject.
English is one of the most scoring subjects for students to do well on the board exam. To do well in the CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Examination, you need to know a lot about the test’s format, what it covers, and the questions from the year before. As the English exam is long and takes a lot of time, it is highly recommended that students practise with old question papers. Extramarks provides students with the CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Paper for 2016 to help them prepare. You can practise with and learn from the solved paper, which you can download as a PDF file.
Format of Class 10 English Language and Literature Question Paper
|Section A||Question 1- Read the passage and answer the following questions.
Question 2- Read the passage and answer the questions that follow.
|Section B||Question 3- Formal or informal letter of about 120-150-words.
Question 4- Write a story of about 150-200 words with the help of the keywords mentioned.
Question 5- Read the sentence below by choosing the most appropriate option.
Question 6- Error and correction.
Question 7- Rearrange the jumbled sentences.
|Section 3||Question 8- Read the extract and answer the questions.
Question 9- Answer a few questions in detail.
Benefits of solving Previous Year Question Paper
- When students see the question paper, they often feel overwhelmed and lose track of what they need to do. Solving CBSE Sample Papers and CBSE Previous Year Question Papers will give them the confidence they need to take the exam.
- The most valuable part of answering a question paper is learning how to manage time. This helps students figure out how much they can write in their time and how to divide the time evenly.
- Using a stopwatch to complete the paper at least twice will help you improve.
Solving the question papers from the year before can help you get a better idea of how the question paper is set up and what the latest topic is. You should be good at language papers to increase your chances of getting good scores on the board exam.
English is one subject where many students can do well. Most students don’t find English to be an exciting subject because it uses a lot of complex and advanced words. With these old question papers from Class 10 English, it is now easy to get good marks. Because English is a time-consuming paper, practising English test questions from previous years can help you get better grades and finish the paper in the time allotted for the board exams.This also helps you figure out how to approach the board exam smartly.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is one of India’s most popular and well-known education organisations. The CBSE Board tries to give all its students a well-rounded and healthy education that helps them improve their mental and physical skills. The board’s vast syllabus and well-structured exam format allow candidates to understand the whole curriculum. The board oversees more than 20,100 schools that use the NCERT curriculum.
Preparation Strategy for the CBSE Class 10 English Board Exam
English is one of the most time is taking subjects in which most students have trouble getting good grades, especially on the Class 10 Board Exam. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you study for the English Exam:
- First, students should know everything on the CBSE Class 10 English syllabus. Read books, newspapers, and science fiction for the writing section, and write essays. This will help you improve your English.
- Regular practice writing essays and answers will help you avoid making mistakes with grammar. Read one chapter a day and make notes on the important points. This will help you when it’s time to review right before the test.
- Make flashcards with the names of poets, authors, and other people you want to remember. Read all the prose, poems, and extras in the literature section at least once, and answer all the questions in the back exercise.
- Solve old exam questions to get a sense of the types and difficulty levels of questions, as well as your weak points. Keep a timer going while you work on last year’s exam questions. This will help you get faster, more accurate, and better at managing your time.
- Be clear with the grammar section because getting a good score and taking less time is very easy.
Analysis of the CBSE Class 10 English Board Exam 2016
The CBSE Question Paper 2016 for Class 10 English Language and Literature, was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, in March 2016. Students who took the CBSE Class 10 English 2016 Board exam paper found it easy. Below, we talk about a detailed analysis of the paper.
For a change, CBSE didn’t put any tricky or tough questions on the 2016 Class 10 English question paper. Most of the questions were easy to understand and could be answered directly. The grammar section’s difficulty level was just between easy and moderate. Compared to the exam from the year before, this section is pretty easy to get good marks on. Overall, the test was simple, easy to understand, and doable in the allotted time.
Why choose Extramarks?
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose Extramarks.
More freedom of choice
Students can study materials online and offline with Extramarks. Students can use self-directed learning skills to find what’s good for their education with the help of learning tools. Students can learn live from online classes at any time and place.
The best online help with real classes
Extramarks Online Live Classes are taught by experts in their fields. Extramarks uses adaptive teaching and interactive learning to bring students and teachers closer together. Through up-to-date syllabus-mapped learning, Extramarks ensures that we put in our best effort for our students.
Knowing how well students are getting ready for the challenges ahead is important. Extramarks gives you a detailed performance report that shows where you did well and where you could improve. These areas include time management, knowing the material chapter by chapter, and much more.
Everything in one place
With Extramarks, you get everything you need to learn and study for your exams in every subject from the best teachers. Extramarks is unlike other e-learning platforms that are only good for one course or subject. Extramarks has study materials for all subjects, such as CBSE Sample Papers, CBSE Revision Notes, CBSE Extra Questions, CBSE Important Questions, and CBSE Previous Year Question Papers.
Preparation for JEE and NEET
The JEE Prep App and NEET Prep App from Extramarks were made by experts who have gotten many top ranks in the past few years. So, be sure you can pass the tests. Extramarks will assist you in studying for the entrance exams for engineering and medical school.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How to score 90+ in the CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Board Exam?
Carefully read every line of the chapter. More practice with the writing part can help you get more points. Use the question papers from last year and sample mock question papers because they can help you speed up your writing and get used to how long the exam is. No part of the exam should be skipped if you want to score 90 or more on the board exam. Pay attention to the grammar section because it will be one of the easiest parts to score well on. Remember the names of the poets and writers because you might be asked about them in a one-mark question.
2. What are the tips for scoring better in the CBSE Class 10 English Examination?
- In CBSE Class 10 English, you’ll need to be good at managing your time if you want to do well on this exam. The question paper is quite long. So, after you finish the syllabus once, answer as many questions from previous years.
- If you want to do well in the writing section, you should know about some common or current topics related to the environment, politics, sports, or value-based topics. The writing section is very general.
- Use the first 15 minutes you have to read the question paper to read the passages and comprehension questions. First, try the reading section, then the literature section, and finally, the writing section (this may be altered based on your preference).
3. How do Extramarks assist students in achieving high marks on the CBSE Class 10 English Board Exam?
- Class 10 English for CBSE has two parts: Grammar and Literature. So, it’s important to learn the basics and build a great vocabulary.
Extramarks provides study materials for CBSE Class 10 English prepared by experts in the field and India’s best English teachers. Our video lessons will help students understand everything they need to know. Class 10 students can use Extramarks to learn concepts from their NCERT textbooks. It also includes previous year’s question papers and sample papers for you to review and practise with.
4. How is the Previous Year English Question Paper helpful in preparing for board exams?
The best way to prepare for the Class 10 English board exam is to work through the question papers from the previous year. It will help to know how the paper is set up, what kinds of questions are on it, and how hard it is. Practising them with a time limit can help you keep track of the time on the exam. It can also help you figure out what went well and wrong with the preparation. Practising with the test from last year in the days before the test can help you cover the whole section in less time.