NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before you set sail for your NEET 2022 journey, you should be well aware of the NEET eligibility criteria. Keep reading to find the complete details.
|Minimum Age/ Age Criteria||1. Students appearing for the NEET 2022 should be of at least 17 years of age as of 31 December 2022.
2. The maximum age limit will be 25 years for the General category. And for candidates belonging to SC/ST & OBC category, the age limit is 30 years.
|Educational Qualification||1. Candidates who have either finished or are appearing for Class 12 or equivalent are eligible for the NEET 2022.
2. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English must be the major subjects via a recognized board to be able to apply for NEET 2022.
3. General category – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations.
4. SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
5. Physically handicapped: General category – 45% marks in the qualifying examinations.
6. Physically handicapped: SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
|Nationality||According to the NEET 2022 eligibility criteria, candidates should be Indian Citizens. If the candidate does not reside in India, then he/ she should be
|Aadhaar Card Possession||1. Aadhaar Card is not compulsory for the NEET 2022.
2. Candidates belonging to Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K can provide bank account numbers, ration card numbers, passport numbers, or any valid ID number.
3. OCI, NRI, PIO, and other foreign nationals can provide their passport number.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, candidates participating in supplementary exams can take part in NEET. However, during the time of examination, such candidates must provide the required documents for which the following criteria should be fulfilled – must have completed Class 12 with a minimum of 40% for Reserved candidates and 50% for Unreserved candidates. Must be 17 years as of 31st December 2022 and not lesser. Nationality: Indian Nationals, OCIs, NRIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals.
There are 2 ranks – AIR and Category Rank. AIR is the overall rank or rank which you get among the total candidates appearing in that particular year. Whereas category rank is the rank which you get among candidates of that category appearing in the exam.
General category – 50% marks in the qualifying examinations.
SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
Physically handicapped: General category – 45% marks in the qualifying examinations.
Physically handicapped: SC/ST/OBC category – 40% marks in the qualifying examinations.
No. Your NEET eligibility is decided based on your marks in Class 12 and predominantly in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. But while filling out the NEET application form your 10th passing certificate or 10th marks sheet should be uploaded.
NEET UG offers 91415 MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, 50,720 AYUSH seats, and 525 BVSc & AH seats.