NCERT Solutions Class 8 Science
Technology is advancing at a fast pace and it’s important to keep pace with the changing technology. Science helps the students to develop life skills, observe, understand the natural world and ask questions. It is necessary to understand the concepts of science at an early stage. The Central Board of Secondary Education has taken various measures to help the students develop their technical skills to achieve success in this field.
The NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science are exclusive and vital tools for Science. Experts in Science have developed them with their years of experience. To access NCERT Science book class 8 solutions, you can check out the Extramarks website.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter-Wise List
The NCERT Science book class 8 solutions have been provided below:
NCERT Class 8 Science Solutions – Your Ultimate Guide & Mentor
Middle school is a crucial phase for students who wish to pursue science in higher classes, and thus, it becomes imperative to grasp the fundamental concepts of science at this level. Instead of racking your brain for the right mentor, just imagine getting all the questions and answers of your textbook at one place, at your doorstep. How cool would that be? On the official website of Extramarks, you can get all the NCERT solutions for class 8th Science which will help you prepare for the science examination. Given below are the core contents of each chapter of Class 8 Science.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 1 Crop Production and Management
Chapter 1: Crop Production and Management
1.1: Agricultural Practices
1.2: Basic Practices of Crop Production
1.3: Preparation of Soil
1.5 Adding Manure and Fertilisers
1.7: Protection from Weeds
1.10: Food from Animals
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
Chapter 2: Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
2.2: Where do Microorganisms Live?
2.3: Microorganisms and Us
2.4: Harmful Microorganisms
2.5: Food Preservation
2.6: Nitrogen Fixation
2.7: Nitrogen cycle
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
Chapter 3: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
3.1: What are Synthetic Fibres?
3.2: Types of Synthetic Fibres
3.3: Characteristics of Synthetic Fibres
3.5: Plastics as Materials of Choice
3.6: Plastics and the Environment
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
Chapter 4: Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
4.1: Physical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
4.2: Chemical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
4.3: Uses of Metals and Non-metals
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 5 Coal and Petroleum
Chapter 5: Coal and Petroleum
5.3: Natural Gas
5.4: Some Natural Resources are Limited
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 6 Combustion and Flame
Chapter 6: Combustion and Flame
6.1: What is Combustion?
6.2: How Do We Control Fire?
6.3Types of Combustion
6.5: Structure of a Flame
6.6: What is a Fuel?
6.7: Fuel Efficiency
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 7 Conservation of Plants and Animals
Chapter 7: Conservation of Plants and Animals
7.1: Deforestation and Its Causes
7.2: Consequences of Deforestation
7.3: Conservation of Forest and Wildlife
7.4: Biosphere Reserve
7.5: Flora and Fauna
7.6: Endemic Species
7.7: Wildlife Sanctuary
7.8: National Park
7.9: Red Data Book
7.11: Recycling of Paper
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 8 Cell: Structure and Functions
Chapter 8: Cell – Structure and Functions
8.1: Discovery of the Cell
8.2: The Cell
8.3: Organisms show Variety in Cell Number, Shape and Size
8.4: Cell Structure and Function
8.5: Parts of the Cell
8.6: Comparison of Plants and Animals Cells
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 9 Reproduction in Animals
Chapter 9: Reproduction in Animals
9.1: Modes of Reproduction
9.2: Sexual Reproduction
9.3: Asexual Reproduction
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 10 Reaching the Age of Adolescence
Chapter 10: Reaching The Age of Adolescence
10.1: Adolescence and Puberty
10.2: Changes at Puberty
10.3: Secondary Sexual Characters
10.4: Role of Hormones in Initiating Reproductive Function
10.5: Reproductive Phase of Life in Humans
10.6: How is the Sex of the Baby Determined?
10.7: Hormones other than Sex Hormones
10.8: Role of Hormones in Completing the Life History of Insects and Frogs
10.9: Reproductive Health
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 11 Force and Pressure
Chapter 11: Force And Pressure
11.1: Force: A push or a Pull
11.2: Forces are due to an Interaction
11.3: Exploring Forces
11.4: A Force can Change the State of Motion
11.5: Force can Change the Shape of an object
11.6: Contact Forces
11.7: Non-contact Forces
11.9: Pressure Exerted by Liquids and Gases
11.10: Atmospheric Pressure
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 12 Friction
Chapter 12: Friction
12.1: Force of Friction
12.2: Factors affecting Friction
12.3: Friction: A Necessary Evil
12.4: Increasing and Reducing Friction
12.5: Wheels Reduce Friction
12.6: Fluid Friction
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 13 Sound
Chapter 13: Sound
13.1: Sound is Produced by Vibrating Bodies
13.2: Sound Produced by Humans
13.3: Sounds Needs a Medium for Propagation
13.4: We Hear Sound through Our Ears
13.5: Aptitude, Time Period and Frequency of a vibration
13.6: Audible and Inaudible Sounds
13.7: Noise and Music
13.8: Noise Pollution
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 14 Chemical Effects of Electric Current
Chapter 14: Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
14.1: Do Liquids Conduct Electricity?
14.2: Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science chapter 15 Some Natural Phenomena
Chapter 15: Some Natural Phenomena
15.2: Charging by Rubbing
15.3: Types of Charges and Their Interaction
15.4: Transfer of Charge
15.5: The Story of Lightning
15.6: Lightning Safety
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 16 Light
Chapter 16: Light
16.1: What makes Things Visible
16.2: Laws of Reflection
16.3: Regular and Diffused Reflection
16.4: Reflected Light Can be Reflected Again
16.5: Multiple Images
16.6: Sunlight – White or Coloured
16.7: What is inside Our Eyes?
16.8: Care of the Eyes
16.9: Visually Impaired Persons Can Read and Write
16.10: What is the Braille System?
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 17 Stars and The Solar System
Chapter 17: Stars And The Solar System
17.1: The Moon
17.2: The Stars
17.4: The Solar System
17.5: Some Other Members of the Solar System
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 18 Pollution of Air and Water
Chapter 18: Pollution of Air and Water
18.1: Air Pollution
18.2: How does Air Get Polluted?
18.3: Case Study- The Taj Mahal
18.4: Greenhouse Effect
18.5: What can be done?
18.6: Water Pollution
18.7: How does Water Get Polluted?
18.8: What is Potable Water and How is Water Purified?
18.9: What Can be Done?
Why is Extramarks the Best Class 8 Science Solution Provider?
Extramarks give you a competitive edge and help you comprehend scientific concepts by providing the best NCERT Science class 8 solutions. After a crucial analysis of the chapters, the subject matter experts have prepared these solutions to give the students 100% authentic and complete guidance. Besides this, it also offers NCERT solutions class 11, & NCERT solutions class 12 for all the subjects in every stream.
Extramarks focus on providing complete learning solutions, and the same goes for NCERT science class 8. We have updated answers according to the latest CBSE class 8 science syllabus, which will also prepare the students to crack competitive exams JEE Main/Advanced, VITEEE, and other exams.
Why are NCERT Science Solutions important for Class 8 students?
Middle school Science comprises Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and often gets pretty tough to understand because CBSE, through its NCERT curriculum, has set a high standard. With working parents and the absence of proper guidance, in this scenario, NCERT solutions for class 8th science become a vital tool that comes in handy to the students of class 8.
Being an average student, is it possible to get a high score in the CBSE Class 8 Science exam?
Some tips which can be followed to score well in CBSE class 8 Science question paper are given below:
- Class 8 Science requires lots of practice and learning from day one, so create a proper study plan and stick to it.
- Solve as many sample papers as possible. Previous year questions can also be used for further practice.
- Follow the Solutions of NCERT Science class 8, which you can find on the official website of Extramarks
- Revise thoroughly and take frequent self-tests to assess yourself.
- Practicing the diagrams repeatedly will improve your score and confidence level.
- NCERT Solutions can be your best guide and mentor to boost your performance in all subjects not just Science.
Why should you refer to Class 8 Science NCERT Solutions? How is it different?
Some of the benefits of referring to class 8 Science NCERT solutions are given below:
- The answers provided are concise and to the point
- The Subject matter experts with years of teaching experience have updated and cross-checked the solutions.
- The solutions have been simplified without any repetition, making it easier for the students to understand and grasp the concepts quickly and easily.
- The solutions help the students in cracking the examination with excellent results.
- The NCERT Science Solutions can be found at the Extramarks website to help the students download Solutions free of cost and make the most of it.
Salient Features of Extramarks’ NCERT Science Solutions Class 8
Some salient features of Extramarks NCERT Science Solutions Class 8 are given below:
- It assists the students of class 8 to prepare well for their science examination. It is a suitable revision material
- It provides in-depth knowledge of the subject to increase your confidence level while writing your exam
- It is a quick resource for learning written in simple English to ensure that all the students can understand it
- It helps quickly grasp all the ideas and concepts related to Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- The NCERT Solutions by Extramarks strives to reach out to each and every learner right from the foundation level to the Secondary level to excel in life.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the advantages of NCERT solutions for class 8th Science?
The advantages are as follows:
- The NCERT Solutions uses the latest and updated NCERT curriculum for the CBSE Class 8 Science subject.
- Yet another important reason is that one can easily crack competitive examinations after practising solutions because it has problems that are tweaked and students get enough practise during the entire semester.
- NCERT Science Class 8 solutions help in quick revision.
2. How many chapters are there in the CBSE class 8 Science book?
The Class 8 Science books follow the latest CBSE guidelines and it has a total of 18 chapters that deal with the three branches of science: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.