JEE Main 2021 Question Papers With Solutions
JEE Mains 2021 Question Paper With Solutions
To make the JEE Main 2021 question paper more accessible to all candidates, Extramarks provides JEE Main 2021 paper solutions that can be accessed free of cost. By practicing the previous papers, students can become familiar with the JEE Main exam pattern.
Students can also check out JEE main question papers, JEE advanced question papers, JEE main sample papers, JEE main revision notes and solve the JEE Main mock tests to get an edge for their preparation.
Introduction to the Exam
The JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam Main) is an entrance examination test for engineering aspirants in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs engineering courses. It is also the qualifier for the JEE advanced, which is conducted for admission to all IITs. From 2019 onwards, the Government of India has transferred the mandate of conducting Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main) to the NTA (National Testing Agency). JEE Main Paper 1 is conducted for admission to undergraduate B.E./B.Tech programs and Paper 2 is conducted for B.Arch & B.Planning courses admissions.
JEE usually is scheduled for two sessions, one is held in January and the other is held in September. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NTA conducted four exam sessions. Therefore, the exam was scheduled for February, March, April, and May. The April and May sessions were further postponed; due to the pandemic.
JEE Main Syllabus
Below table shows us the key Chapters for Maths, Physics and Chemistry for JEE Main:
JEE Main 2021 Exam & Question Paper Pattern
In the JEE main 2021 question paper, there were 90 questions in all three sections. Out of these 90 questions, the students had to choose75 questions to attempt. In each section of the JEE main 2021 question paper, there were 25 questions. Out of the 25 questions, 20 were MCQ’s with negative marking, and the other 5 were numerical questions to which negative marking did not apply. The syllabus of the JEE mains question paper 2021 was the same as the previous year.
JEE main 2021 question paper pattern and marking scheme:
- Paper 1 of the JEE main question paper 2021 had 90 questions, of which candidates had to attempt only 75. The paper had questions from mathematics,chemistry and physics.Each subject had 30 questions each Each subject was divided into two sections. Section A had 20 questions which were MCQ, while section B had ten questions, of which the candidate had to attempt 5. The total marks were 300
- The JEE main question paper 2021 for paper-2A had 82 questions out of which candidates had to attempt 25 questions from Maths, 50 questions from aptitude, two questions from drawing, which is a total of 77 questions. The total marks allotted were 400.
- The JEE main 2021 question paper for paper-2B had 105 questions, of which students had to attempt 100 questions. Therefore, the total marks allotted were 400.
- Candidates were asked to attempt five out of ten questions for the mathematics numerical section from both JEE main 2021 question papers for 2A and 2B.
JEE Main 2021 Question Paper Analysis
For each correct answer in the JEE Main 2021 question paper, the candidate was awarded +4 marks and -1 for each incorrect question in MCQ and 0 for every wrong question in the numerical. In addition, 0 marks were awarded for unattempted questions.
Usually, in JEE Main, mathematics is the most challenging section, followed by physics and then chemistry. Surprisingly, the JEE main 2021 question paper had only 7% of Mathematics questions that were difficult. Chemistry, similar to Mathematics, was moderately challenging. The questions were primarily theoretical with a couple of natural formula- based numerical. Many students found Physics to be the most straightforward section.
Below is an analysis done by the Extramarks expert academics team:
Given below is the detailed analysis of the JEE main 2021 question paper.
JEE Main 2021 Physics Question Paper Analysis
In the JEE main 2021 question paper physics section, there were 30 questions that candidates had to attempt any 25. The physics sections were divided into MCQ type and numerical answer type. In the JEE main 2021 question paper physics section, there were 20 MCQ type questions and ten numerical type questions, of which the candidate had to choose any 5. Overall, the candidates found the JEE main 2021 question paper physics section relatively easy.
The important topics for physics in JEE main 2021 question paper were:
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- SHM & Waves
JEE Main 2021 Chemistry Question Paper Analysis
Overall, the candidates found the JEE main 2021 question paper chemistry section to be slightly more difficult than Physics The JEE main 2021 question paper chemistry section had a more significant weightage of theoretical questions.
The important topics for the chemistry JEE main 2021 question paper were:
- Inorganic Chemistry – I
- Inorganic Chemistry – II
- Organic Chemistry – 2
- Physical Chemistry 1
- Physical Chemistry 2
- Organic Chemistry – 1
JEE Main 2021 Maths Question Paper Analysis
Unlike earlier years, the Mathematics section for JEE main 2021 question paper was moderately easy, with only 7% of questions being graded as difficult.
The important topics for maths JEE main 2021 question paper were:
- Binomial Theorem
- Coordinate Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Permutation & Combination
- Sequence & Series
- Vector & 3D
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Quadratic Equation
- Matrix & Determinants
JEE Main Preparation Tips
- Get acquainted with the full syllabus of JEE Main.
- Access different sets of question papers and mock tests from the Extramarks website. Refer to these links for free JEE Main Question Papers, JEE Advanced Question Papers, JEE Main Sample Papers. Solve multiple past papers and appear for the JEE Main Mock Test.
- Refer to the detailed analysis given by academic experts based on the JEE main exam pattern of past question papers.
- Get in a group study format if you feel you can focus and perform better along with a group.
- Create your own JEE main revision notes. And build a repository of good JEE Main books.
- Manage time efficiently and get enough sleep during your preparation and before exams
Benefits of Solving JEE Main 2021 question paper
Practice is the key to increasing your speed and performance. Get into a regular habit of daily solving past paper questions. Get access to all past JEE Main 2021 question papers. Create a timetable so that you can devote a few hours just to solve past papers. Make a record of what subjects and what chapters you are good at, and where you need improvement. Based on this self-analysis, you can keep improving.
Best Books for JEE Main
Do’s and Don’ts for JEE Main Exam
- First and foremost, complete the JEE Main application form as per the instructions given in JEE Main eligibility criteria and checklists.
- Keep your JEE Main admit card along with you when you go for exams.
- Make a note of the JEE Main exam date, and plan your timetable accordingly.
- During the exam, start with easy to medium-level questions first. Once easier ones are done, attempt the harder ones.
- Don’t wear metallic belts, jewelry, etc., as metallic object materials are strictly prohibited in JEE Main 2021 exam.
JEE Main 2021 Question Paper with Answer Keys and Solutions
Our academic team has curated solutions for the JEE main 2021 question paper. Students can access the JEE mains 2021 question paper with solutions for free. The previous year’s question papers are the most valuable resource for an aspirant as it helps in familiarising the pattern. The JEE main 2021 question paper solutions prepared by the experts will enhance the learning experience of aspirants by giving them deep methodological explanations for different questions, thereby enhancing their conceptual clarity.
The JEE mains 2021 paper and other previous year papers will give the candidates a good idea regarding the JEE main exam pattern and the JEE main syllabus weightage.
Candidates can click on the link below to go to a specific article covering the JEE mains 2021 question paper and solutions.
JEE Main 2021 Paper with Solutions – Feb – 1st Session – Shiftwise
JEE Main 2021 Paper with Solutions – Mar – 2nd Session
JEE Main 2021 Paper with Solutions – Jul – 3rd Session
JEE Main 2021 Paper with Solutions – Aug – 4th Session
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the JEE Main 2021 Question Paper?
The JEE main 2021 question paper with solutions can be found on the Extramarks website. The experts at Extramarks have curated easy-to-read solutions for the JEE main 2021 question paper. Students can refer to the answers and questions and improve their skills. Refer to the JEE main 2021 question papers with physics, chemistry, and mathematics solutions for free on our website.
Practicing the previous year’s JEE main 2021 question paper will help in better clarity of concepts and also help in applying the concepts to different questions, thereby benefiting your score. Using previous year’s papers also helps in self-analysis. A deep analysis of the previous year’s question paper will reveal specific trends that will guide students by giving them insight into what to study.
Students can also refer to the videos of the JEE main 2021 question papers, which will enable a better understanding of the questions and the concepts involved.
The previous year’s papers, including JEE’s main 2021 question papers, can be accessed along with their solutions on Extramarks.
2. How can I access the JEE Main 2021 Question Paper?
To access the JEE main 2021 question paper, candidates can click on the link given above on the page. The JEE main 2021 question paper will open in a drive link on a separate tab. Students can then use the question paper and solutions to their advantage and score well in the JEE examination.
3. How does the Extramarks platform help students to improve their scores?
JEE Main previous year question papers are essential sources for JEE preparation. They are instrumental in studying materials as they help in understanding the language of questions used in the exam, the weightage of chapters, the difficulty of questions and so on. The previous question papers, including JEE main 2021 question paper, are available on the official JEE website. However, at Extramarks, we provide solutions for last year papers, including the JEE main 2021 question paper; this makes solving the papers easier.
Commence your JEE exam preparation with the JEE mains 2021 question paper with solutions available in an accessible format on the Extramarks website. In addition, we provide a wide array of JEE papers, including year-wise JEE papers and the JEE main 2021 question paper. This will make it easy for students to access and use the resources for their IIT JEE examination.
The links for the articles of the previous year papers, including JEE main 2021 question paper, are given in the above sections.
4. How to include previous years’ JEE Main question papers in your study plan?
Below are a few tips for students to inculcate good practice habits in their daily study plan
- First, access all past years’ papers from the Extramarks website. At least gather last ten years’ question papers.
- Put up a plan so that you can solve one paper daily. Make it a habit, don’t skip it for any reason.
- Make notes of all the wrong answers along with the subject/chapter/topic. Refer book chapters and JEE Main 2021 question paper with solutions for learning the correct solution. That way, you will understand and strengthen new concepts that you are currently missing.
- In the last month of examination, increase your rigour and pace. Mimic actual exam environment and strictly adhere to the time duration of exams.
5. What is required to score good marks in JEE Main Mathematics?
Below are a few tips for students to inculcate good practice habits in their daily study plan
- Practice, practice, practice. That is one of the major keys to succeed in competitive exams such as JEE Main exams.
- For a subject like Mathematics, develop smart study slots in your daily timetable. JEE Main is known to include a lot of application-based questions that ideally would be solved by doing numerous similar types of questions and training your brain to work faster on such questions.
- Revision is another important area. Identify your weaknesses and tackle them by regular revision and concept clearing sessions.
- While you build your rigour for the end months of the exam, do not ignore your health and mental wellbeing. Engage in meditation or relaxation exercises to keep your mind and body away from stressful situations.