JEE Main 2019 Question Paper With Solutions
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper Solutions
JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main is an integral step in the life of an engineering aspirant. The best way to prepare for the JEE exam is to solve the past years’ questions. Extramarks provides the JEE Main 2019 question paper with solutions that students can use to progress in their study plan.
Candidates can explore the JEE Main revision notes, JEE Main sample papers, JEE Main question papers, JEE Advanced question papers and solve the JEE Main mock tests to get an advantage in their preparation.
Introduction to Exam
NTA conducted JEE Main 2019 examination in two sessions. The first session was conducted in January, and the second session in April. JEE Mains 2019 question paper for both the sessions and answer keys are available on the Extramarks website. The JEE Main 2019 question paper was conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) started conducting the JEE Main from 2019 onwards. Since then, NTA has been the governing body for JEE Main. All official updates for JEE Main are available on the NTA official website.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The table below shows the syllabus for the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics section that was applicable for JEE Main 2019 question paper:
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
|Subject||Class 11||Class 12||Total|
|No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper Analysis
The experts at Extramarks have analysed the JEE Main 2019 question paper and prepared its solution. The analysis details the trend, question pattern, and difficulty level. Candidates can refer to the analysis and incorporate these points in their examination strategy.
Overall, the question paper was moderate. Mathematics had questions primarily ranging from moderate to difficult level. Physics had difficult and tricky questions, while chemistry was straightforward and easy.
Candidates can check out and access the JEE Main 2019 question paper along with solutions from the Extramarks website for free.
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper Analysis – Physics
In the JEE Main 2019 question paper, the Physics section was the most challenging of the three. All the questions heavily depended on the clear understanding and application of the concepts with a lot of logic and reasoning involved. Out of the 30 questions in the JEE Main 2019 question paper, 13 were from Electromagnetism, 8 were from Mechanics, 3 were from Optics, 2 were from Modern Physics, 3 were from Thermodynamics, and 1 was from Waves and SHM. 60% of the questions were from the 12th-grade syllabus, while 40% were from the 11th. Of the 30 questions, 10 were easy and direct, 17 were moderate, involving logic and conceptual clarity, and 3 were difficult.
Important Chapters for Physics:
- Current Electricity
- Ray Optics
- Photoelectric Effect and Electromagnetic Waves
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper Analysis – Chemistry
In the JEE Main 2019 question paper, the Chemistry section was considered the easiest and was the section where candidates could easily get marks. The questions were mostly direct and needed conceptual knowledge. Out of the 30 questions, 10 were from Organic Chemistry, 12 were from Physical Chemistry, and 8 were from Inorganic Chemistry. Class 12 syllabus in the JEE Main 2019 question paper had a higher weightage than class 11. From the 30 questions of the Chemistry section, 11 were easy, 16 were on a moderate level requiring conceptual knowledge and basic formulae, and the other 3 were difficult but were solvable by spending more time. If candidates were able to perform optimally in this section, cracking JEE Main would increase drastically.
Important Chapters for Chemistry:
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Nuclear and Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals (Metallurgy)
- Practical and Environmental Chemistry
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper Analysis – Mathematics
The Mathematics section was of moderate level in the JEE Main 2019 question paper. Out of the 30 questions, 8 were from Coordinate Geometry, 9 were from Algebra, 9 were from Calculus, 4 were from Probability, Mathematical Statistics, and Reasoning. The students found the paper moderate but lengthy due to the many calculations involved. From the 30 questions, 13 were easy and involved basic formulae, 13 were moderate, involving long calculations, and 4 were difficult.
Important Chapters for Mathematics:
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Application of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integration
- Definite Integration
- Point and Straight Line
- Three-Dimensional Geometrical System
JEE Main Preparation Tips
- Candidates should study from NCERT books. Also, refer to the section below for the best books for each subject and enhance their preparation.
- Proper planning with determination will help the students crack the exam. Preparing a to-do list for each day will aid the student in planning adequately.
Benefits of Solving JEE Main 2019 Question paper
- Candidates can get an idea of the exam pattern and the exam language by solving previous year papers, including the JEE Mains 2019 question paper.
- Solving past years’ question papers with solutions will help candidates boost their speed and accuracy.
Best Books for JEE Main
JEE Main 2019 Cut off
Aspirants can refer to the previous trends of the out JEE main result and JEE main cut-off. The candidates who crack the JEE Main exam can also check out our article on the JEE Main counselling, and JEE Advanced, which will provide an idea about the next steps.
Guidelines For Exam Day
- Candidates are advised to carry their transparent stationary and geometry boxes.
- Candidates must carry a hard copy of their JEE Main admit card, original copy of their photo ID proof, and passport size photo.
Do’s And Don’ts For JEE Main Exam:
Given below are the do’s and don’ts for the JEE Main exam.
- Candidates are advised to carry a copy of the PwD Certificate (if applicable).
- Solving the questions in a hurry will prove disadvantageous for the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to keep calm before and during the exam. This mantra will make their JEE Main experience very peaceful.
- Candidates are advised to avoid last-minute study, which increases anxiety during the exam.
- Comparing your preparation with others will only affect the candidate.
JEE Main Question Paper and Solution 2019
NTA conducted the JEE Main 2019 examination in a computer-based online format in the morning shift (9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.) and the evening shift (2.30 p.m. – 5.30 p.m.). The exam paper had three sections – Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. Each carried 30 questions. Overall there were 90 questions.
The JEE Main2019 question paper is available on the Extramarks website, along with well-defined and concise solutions for every question. The solutions will help the candidate get a clear-cut understanding of the concept and get deep methodological explanations for each type of question, thereby allowing them to implement it easily during the exam.
Extramarks has provided solutions to the JEE Main 2019 question paper below, making it easily accessible for students. Students can refer to the step-by-step solutions given and better understand various concepts.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the JEE Mains 2019 question paper?
You can find the JEE Main2019 question paper on the Extramarks website. The experts at Extramarks have curated easy-to-read solutions for the question paper. Students can refer to the answers and questions to better prepare for their upcoming JEE Main 2022 exam. Practicing the previous year’s question paper will help clarify concepts and apply various concepts to different questions.
2. What is the age limit to appear in JEE (Main)?
The JEE main exam does not have an upper age limit. People of any age can appear for the exam. Candidates can only give three consecutive attempts at the exam and must have chosen Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12.