JEE Advanced 2018 solutions
Lakhs of students appear for the JEE every year. This exam plays an important role in the aspirant’s life as this examination opens the gate of getting an admission in one of the Indian Institutes of Technology or IITs. Aspirants who want to get admission into one of the IITs, have to clear two stages – JEE Main and Advanced.
JEE Advanced is conducted every year. Candidates can fill up the JEE Advanced application form online. Before filling out the application form, candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria for the examination. Selected candidates will be eligible to get admission in either of the undergraduate programs in Engineering, Architecture or Science.
JEE Advanced 2018 Question Paper with Answer Keys and Solutions
The IIT JEE Advanced Examination is one of the toughest examinations to prepare for and crack. Candidates have to work hard to make it through to get admission in IIT. Apart from books, study material, revision notes, video lectures, etc it is essential for students to practise past years’ question papers. Hence, Extramarks provides past JEE Advanced Question Papers so that students can prepare better for the exam. In addition to this, the solutions and answer keys are also available which can be referred to, after solving the question papers.
JEE Advanced Question Paper 2018 with Solutions for Paper-1 and Paper-2
The JEE Advanced Question Paper 2018 consisted of three sections – Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. There were two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2 which were conducted in two different shifts.
Download JEE Advanced Question Paper 2018 with Solutions
Practice is the key to crack the JEE Advanced. Students should practice and solve the past question papers which will help them in knowing their preparation level. This will give them an accurate picture of where they stand in terms of speed, time management while solving the paper, concept clarity, weak areas, strength sections, etc. To make it convenient for students, Extramarks has provided JEE Advanced Question Paper 2018 which can be accessed and practised.
JEE Advanced 2018 Question Paper-1 with Solutions
The JEE Advanced 2018 examination Paper 1 was a 3 hours duration exam. It was a computer based test (CBT). The examination was of 180 marks in total. There were around 54 questions. The examination consisted of different types of questions such as comprehension, numerical problems, MCQs, etc. Students can click on the link below and get the 2018 JEE Advanced Question Paper 1 with solutions to practice.
JEE Advanced 2018 Question Paper-2 with Solutions
The JEE Advanced 2018 Paper 2 was also a Computer Based Online Test (CBT). The 3 hour duration examination was of 180 marks. There were MCQs, comprehension and numerical problems. In total, there were 54 questions. Aspirants can click the link below and get 2018 JEE Advanced paper 2.
Extramarks- JEE CRASH COURSE
The JEE Crash Course offered by Extramarks includes:
- Study Module and Study material for the student’s practice
- EE patterned examination with full correction and discussion of the paper
- Short tests every week
- Recording and pre-available notes of each lecture
- Separate live doubt solving meetings
- Dedicated Whatsapp Group to solve doubts
- 5 live study session in the week
- Mentor support per student
- Regular assignments
Some Additional Tips to Ace The 2018 JEE Advanced Paper
The following are the tips to ace the preparation for 2018 JEE Advanced Paper:
- The candidates should include JEE Advanced Sample Papers and JEE Advanced Mock Tests as a part of their preparation. They can attempt the past years’ question papers and get a feel of the real examination.
- Candidates should thoroughly prepare as per the JEE Advanced Syllabus. They should ensure that none of the topics are missed to be prepared.
- The candidates should prepare a routine to study and complete the syllabus. There should be a study schedule in place.
- Aspirants should study from the best study material available. They can visit the Extramarks website and access revision notes, video lectures as well as past question papers to practice.
- Do not mug up. Students should focus upon understanding the concepts fundamentally so that it becomes easy for them in implementing. Also, this will help them in dealing with different types of questions in the final JEE exam.
The best way to prepare for the JEE Advanced examination is by solving various JEE Advanced Question Papers, JEE Advanced Sample Papers and JEE Advanced Mock Test. Extramarks has all this practice material available on the website. By attempting mock tests and past years’ papers, students will be able to prepare better for the examination.
Methods to Prepare Well for JEE Advanced Examination
Most of the candidates preparing for the JEE Advanced examination end up giving wrong answers even if they prepared well for the examination. This is mainly due to stress, pressure, anxiety, and many other social and mental problems. Although it is one of the toughest examinations, it doesn’t mean that the candidate needs to become a bookworm to rank themselves on the list.
However, there are certain methods which will help them in preparing well for the JEE Advanced Examination:
- Choose the study material carefully. Students should prepare only from the best books, revision material, videos, etc for JEE Advanced exam preparation.
- Get in touch with the experts to get the right guidance and instructions. This will help aspirants in dealing with the pressure as well as completing the preparation.
- Have proper knowledge of the basic concepts and topics covered across three sections. The candidates can develop notes and then refer to them whenever they need to revise the concepts.
- NCERT books are ideally the best for JEE Advanced exam preparation. The content is latest and keeps the student abreast with his/her preparation.
- Visit the Extramarks website and access the entire study material for the JEE Advanced examination. Students can get past question papers and practice them. They can also check the answer sheets after solving the question paper.
Why Should You Solve Previous Year Question Papers?
There are numerous benefits of solving previous year question papers. They are given below:
- The candidates get an understanding of the exam pattern of the question paper. They get to know about the question types, marking schemes, marks distribution, etc.
- The questions might repeat in the forthcoming examination. Hence, candidates should not assume that questions will not repeat. So, by practising the past question papers, they will be able to know about the questions asked
- Students will know about the important topics that should not be missed to prepare
- Students can solve these question papers like JEE Advanced mock tests and then evaluate their performance. This will also give them a feel similar to the final examination
- They will be able to manage their time by practising more and more papers
- Solving past years’ question papers will help students in increasing their pace of writing and accuracy
- It will also help students to boost up the confidence level of the candidates. These question papers act as a self-assessment which means the candidates can evaluate their answer sheet themselves and find out the mistakes
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Does the JEE Advanced examination have a negative marking scheme?
The JEE Advanced examination does have a negative marking system. The candidates will lose marks for every wrong answer.
2. How tough is JEE Advanced as compared to NEET?
The JEE Advanced is the entrance examination for the candidates willing to get into IITs across India. While the NEET examination is for the people willing to get into any medical institution. Both the examinations are difficult enough in their own respective fields.
3. From where can I get the past years’ question papers?
The candidates preparing for JEE Advanced can easily get the past years’ question paper by visiting the official website of Extramarks.