CBSE Class 1 Syllabus
Class 1, being the first stage to the beginning of official school life, plays a vital role in a student’s life. The CBSE class 1 syllabus has been formulated keeping in mind the average learning capacity of Class 1 student, which will evoke interest in them and knock their curiosity level. The CBSE board class 1 syllabus has been designed to provide adequate language skills and doses of joy.
CBSE Class 1 syllabus for 2022-23 Exam – All Subjects Overview
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of India’s most authentic and prestigious educational bodies, focusing primarily on syllabus for lower classes. The CBSE std 1 syllabus is developed to invoke the joy and desire of learning among the kids. The syllabus includes the foundation subjects like- Mathematics, English, Hindi, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge, Art and Craft, Health and Physical Education. Class 1 is that phase in a student’s life during which they learn essential things about their surroundings and themselves and start building their vocabulary. CBSE std 1 syllabus has been thus curated, keeping all these in mind.
Let’s get a quick overview of CBSE class 1st syllabus below:
The CBSE syllabus of class 1 English covers essential communication skills, focusing on vocabulary development. It includes 10 comprehensive units from book 1 (Marigold) and 9 chapters from supplementary book 2 (Raindrops). The focus of the English curriculum is the development of refined language.
The CBSE syllabus of class 1 Mathematics has been generated to help the students build the capability to calculate quickly. It includes addition, subtraction, understanding of numbers, measurement, patterns and many more.
The subject Hindi includes short and sweet stories and poems under the CBSE curriculum that will help the students of class 1 understand one of the most important languages of India.
CBSE has carefully selected EVS topics for class 1 children that would assist them in gaining a basic social understanding of their environment. It includes 8 chapters dealing with plants, human beings, family, surroundings, school, etc.
Basic General Knowledge that includes the understanding of animals, festivals, important dates to be remembered, ways of transportation are included in the case syllabus for class 1. It also covers essential topics like safety and security, saving water, and saving electricity. All these are one-word answers that will increase their knowledge and entertain them.
Art and Craft
Art and craft is considered one of the most favourite subjects of the kids, especially in class 1. The syllabus for the art and craft of class 1 curated by the CBSE ensures fun along with practical learning. It educates the students about primary and secondary colours and covers the basic steps of art and craft
Health and Physical Education
CBSE has taken all the measures to introduce this new subject in the syllabus of class 1. This subject includes chapters that will help the kids understand the importance of staying healthy. It also educates about body awareness, body parts, postures, and physical activity.
CBSE syllabus for class 1 English
Book 1: Marigold
- Unit 1: A Happy Child- Three Little Pigs
- Unit 2: After a Bath – The Bubble, the Straw, and the shoe
- Unit 3: One Little Kitten – Lalu and Peelu
- Unit 4: Once I Saw a Little Bird – Mittu and the Yellow Mango
- Unit 5: Merry-Go-Round – Circle
- Unit 6: If I Were an Apple – Our Tree
- Unit 7: A Kite – Sundari
- Unit 8: A Little Turtle – The Tiger and the Mosquito
- Unit 9: Clouds – Anandi’s – Rainbow
- Unit 10: Flying Man – The Tailor and his Friend
Book 2: Raindrops
- Chapter 1: Clap, Clap, Clap
- Chapter 2: One, Two
- Chapter 3: The Little Bird
- Chapter 4: Bubbles
- Chapter 5: Chhotu
- Chapter 6: Animals and Birds
- Chapter 7: Fruits and Vegetables
- Chapter 8: Who Am I?
- Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
CBSE syllabus for class 1 Mathematics
- Chapter 1: Shapes and space
- Chapter 2: Numbers from one to nine
- Chapter 3: Addition
- Chapter 4: Subtraction
- Chapter 5: Numbers from ten to twenty
- Chapter 6: Time
- Chapter 7: Measurement
- Chapter 8: Numbers from Twenty-one to Fifty
- Chapter 9: Data Handling
- Chapter 10: Patterns
- Chapter 11: Numbers
- Chapter 12: Money
- Chapter 13: How Many
CBSE syllabus for class 1 Hindi
- पाठ 1: झूला
- पाठ 2: आम की कहानी
- पाठ 3: आम की टोकरी
- पाठ 4: पत्ते ही पत्ते
- पाठ 5: पकौड़ी
- पाठ 6: छुक-छुक गाड़ी
- पाठ 7: रसोईघर
- पाठ 8: चूहो! म्याऊँ सो रही है
- पाठ 9: बंदर और गिलहरी
- पाठ 10: पगड़ी
- पाठ 11: पतंग
- पाठ 12: गेंद-बल्ला
- पाठ 13: बंदर गया खेत में भाग
- पाठ 14: एक बुढ़िया
- पाठ 15: मैं भी
- पाठ 16: लालू और पीलू
- पाठ 17: चकई के चकदुम
- पाठ 18: छोटी का कमाल
- पाठ 19: चार चने
- पाठ 20: भगदड़
- पाठ 21: हलीम चला चाँद पर
- पाठ 22: हाथी चल्लम चलपाठ
- पाठ 23: सात पूँछ का चूहा
CBSE syllabus for class 1 Art and Craft
- Chapter 1: Draw Different Shapes
- Chapter 2: Knowledge of Primary and Secondary Colors
- Chapter 3: Drawing and Colouring of Different Objects
CBSE syllabus for class 1 Environmental studies
- Chapter 1: Weather and Seasons
- Chapter 2: Food and Water
- Chapter 3: Travel and Safety
- Chapter 4: Human Body
- Chapter 5: Plants
- Chapter 6: Clothes
- Chapter 7: My Family and School
- Chapter 8: Family Tree
CBSE syllabus for class 1 General Knowledge
- Chapter 1: Animals
- Chapter 2: Living Spaces
- Chapter 3: Sources of Water
- Chapter 4: Modes of Transport
- Chapter 5: Festivals of India
- Chapter 6: Odd One Out
- Chapter 7: Spot the Difference
- Chapter 8: Save Electricity
- Chapter 9: Save Water
- Chapter 10: National Symbol of India
- Chapter 11: Important Dates of Year
CBSE Syllabus for Class 1 Health and Physical Education
- Chapter 1: Body awareness
- Chapter 2: Food and nutrition
- Chapter 3: Safety and security
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, the CBSE Class 1 Syllabus can be downloaded from various sites such as Extramarks, including the official site of the CBSE itself.
The entire CBSE class 1 syllabus can be found on our website and the official website of CBSE.
The syllabus for 1st class students under the CBSE is methodically divided under the core subjects: English, Hindi, Mathematics, EVS, GK, Art and Craft, Health and Physical Education. The complete syllabus is available on the official website of CBSE.
All the schools affiliated under the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) strictly follow the NCERT curriculum, i.e., the National Council of Educational Research and Training. It is an organisation that the government of India has set up to help improve education standards, especially on a qualitative level.