CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class 10
Introduction to CBSE Exam
The Central Board of Secondary Education is one of India’s most well-recognised and preferred educational bodies. The CBSE Board strives to give all of its students a holistic and healthy educational system that can help them improve their cognitive and physical abilities. Candidates can understand the complete curriculum, thanks to the board’s wide syllabus and well-structured exam format. The board oversees approximately 20,100 plus schools that follow the NCERT syllabus.
CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class 10 – Intro
The 10th board results act as a deciding factor during the admission process. They also form an important part of a resume and act as an indicator of a student’s academic performance. Many prestigious colleges and universities assign separate points to class 10th marks and heavily rely on them while granting admission to the students. Hence, class 10 is a career shaper, a game changer. Students study all the subjects thoroughly and try to figure out their interests. Based on that and their performance in exams, they decide which stream to opt for. This is how class 10th helps students in the decision making process.
CBSE past years’ question papers for class 10 are a significant learning resource for students studying for board exams. Students can get a sense of the important themes and types of questions that may be asked in the class 10 board exams by practising CBSE previous year question papers. Solving last year’s CBSE sample papers and CBSE additional questions on a regular basis enhances students’ self-esteem and reduces exam stress.
Additionally, students can use the CBSE past years’ question paper for class 10 that come with a full set of step-by-step answers. Students feel more assured when taking the board exams after revising from CBSE revision notes and solving multiple past papers during their preparation period.
Class 10 CBSE Past 10 Years Question Papers Subject – Wise Marks & Weightage
The marking scheme is an answer sheet that explains how to mark each question in the example paper in detail. We’ve included the CBSE grading scheme for class 10 to help students in identifying the questions that are important from the exam point of view. Solving sample notes and then reviewing the answers against the marking system will definitely help with exam preparation and practise.
Students can conceptualise the step-marks strategy assigned to each answer by looking at the CBSE Marking Scheme for class 10. After completing CBSE Class 10 Sample Papers, Extramarks recommend students to review the Marking Scheme thoroughly.
Marking Scheme for Class 10 Mathematics (Basic and Standard) Papers – 2021
There are two parts to the Mathematics question paper: A and B.
Part – A:
- It is divided into two sections: I and II.
- There are 16 questions in Section I. In each of the five questions, there is an internal choice option.
- There are four case study-based questions in Section II. There are five case-based sub-parts in each case study. Any four of the five sub-parts may be attempted by the examinee.
Part – B:
- Question No 21 to 26 are Concise answer Type questions of 2 marks each,
- Question No 27 to 33 are Short Answer Type questions of 3 marks each.
- Long Answer Type questions (no. 34 to 36) are worth 5 marks each.
- Internal choice is available in two questions worth two marks, two questions worth three marks, and one question worth five marks.
Marking Scheme for Class 10 Science:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|Section A||20 Qs||1 Mark||20|
|Section B||6 Qs||2 Marks||12|
|Section C||7 Qs||3 Marks||21|
|Section D||3 Qs||5 Marks||15|
Marking Scheme for Class 10 English Language and Literature:
|Part||Types of Qs||Marks|
Marking Scheme for Class 10 Social Science:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|Section A||16 Qs||1 Mark||16|
|Section B||6 Qs||3 Marks||18|
|Section C||4 Qs||4 Marks||16|
|Section D||5 Qs||5 Marks||25|
|Section E||1 Q||5 Marks||5|
We hope that our information on the “CBSE Marking Scheme for Class 10” has been helpful to students in their preparation. Continue to study and check back for more information on CBSE and other competitive exams.
CBSE Class 10 Last Year Papers Marking Scheme structure:
- Main Subjects: Language 1 and 2, Science, Mathematics, Social Science
- Total Marks awarded: 100
- Passing marks cut off: 33%
- Theory Exam total Marks: 80
- INA or Practical: 20
List of CBSE Past Years’ Question Paper for Class 10 – Year and Subject Wise:
Extramarks CBSE past 10 Year Question Papers are an excellent source of reference with multiple questions, examples and step-by-step solutions with answers. From the standpoint of a test, it covers all of the essential questions. Students can use CBSE Previous Year Question Papers Class 10 to improve their test marks. The questions put the student’s memory, time management, and writing skills to the test. Extramarks’ expert team of teachers has produced Class 10 CBSE Last 10 Year Question Papers to mould the thoughts of children so that they can ace the exams.
Below we have given question papers with solutions for last 10+ years for important class 10 subjects:
- Social Science
What are the Advantages of Solving CBSE Previous Year Question Paper?
By clicking the links above, students can easily get CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class10 for the last 13 years consisting of primary subjects such as Maths, Science, Social Studies, and English. These solutions provide answers in a step-by-step fashion for each CBSE Previous Year Question Paper for Class 10.
The solutions are provided to help students better understand how to write responses for CBSE Question Papers for Class 10 exams.
These CBSE Sample Papers provide good examples and solutions act as a good revision guidance material. It covers all of the crucial questions from the standpoint of a test. A daily routine of solving CBSE Previous Year Question Papers gives students a better understanding of their memorization, time management, and writing abilities, so as to help students improve on their test scores.
Students get to cover the entire CBSE Class 10 Syllabus by adding CBSE previous year question papers to their preparation strategies.
Students also get to discover the time it takes to complete a specific section by solving CBSE previous year class 10 question papers.
As a result, students get to work on their speed, accuracy, confidence, test temperament, and time management skills for board exams to complete the CBSE Question Paper before time. Extramarks recommends that students solve at least 5-6 CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10 while studying for any subject.
Students can also gain some useful insights from the CBSE previous year question paper to judge their level of preparation for the test and create a checklist to make sure they have covered all of the important topics.
Furthermore, the solutions articles that come with each CBSE previous year question paper for class 10 assists students in formulating their responses in an exam-friendly manner. Students can also look at prior year question papers from the CBSE to discover what types of questions were posed in the past.
How to Solve CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers?
These CBSE previous year question papers for class 10 from the last ten years will only help students if they are utilised wisely. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind when solving CBSE Class 10 previous year exam papers:
- Save previous year’s CBSE 10th class question papers to your computer or laptop.
- Make sure you have completed the full syllabus before attempting to solve these CBSE previous year question papers class 10.
- Don’t hunt for answers in books right away if you have a challenging question. Solve all the questions from at least one CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for class 10, then double-check the answers either from a book or the solved pdf file given in the above below.
Extramarks recommends students to complete one CBSE previous year question paper class 10 as per the guidelines stated by the CBSE Board for exams.
How to Download CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers?
How to obtain last year’s CBSE question papers for Class 10th:
- Go to cbse.nic.in to access the CBSE Board’s official website.
- In the menu bar, select ‘Examinations,’ then the ‘Examination Related Materials’ link. It will direct you to a page having CBSE’s prior year’s class 10 question papers from previous years.
- From the drop-down menu, choose CBSE 10th class question papers 2022 or any other year. To get the answers or solutions to CBSE Class 10 past year test papers, you need to visit the marking scheme page.
- Look for the issue on the internet and select the right link.
- Previous years’ CBSE question papers Class 10 2022 will be available to download as a ZIP file for the topic.
- Students who do not have a ZIP file opener might use online resources to open the ZIP file and extract files in pdf format.
- Users may also get CBSE Class 10 previous year test papers pdf directly from the tables below.
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips
- Students should obtain the CBSE class 10th timetable 2022 and create a study programme to finish the CBSE syllabus at least a month before the exams.
- To improve your preparation, use the sample papers in conjunction with the CBSE Class 10 previous year exam papers.
- It is common for students to forget essential details and formulas on exam day. The only method to remedy this problem is to review the topics covered. Your retention power will improve as you revise more.
- Students may notice that some questions and subjects are repeated after completing the CBSE Class 10 previous year exam papers. Note these questions and study them thoroughly, as they may appear in this year’s exams.
- If students have any questions about the CBSE Class 10 previous year question papers, they should seek guidance from their teachers right away.
- Students must practise at least ten CBSE previous year question papers Class 10 before sitting for the exams to boost their scores in CBSE Class 10 result 2022.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Create flowcharts (all subjects preferable)
- Make a list of all SST deadlines (Imp dates) (social sci)
- Get professors to double-check your notes (they will help you in case you missed something important)
- The more you write, the more you’ll learn – handwritten notes are the most effective.
- Sticky notes can also be used in books.
In the preceding sections of this article, you will find Class 10 CBSE Last 10 Year Question Papers. Solving all of the previous year’s papers will give students a lot of confidence. It will educate them on the tricks and strategies that they must be aware of.
As exam season approaches, students face a great deal of difficulty. Students’ inability to maintain a constant flow of subject practice and revision throughout the academic year is one of the main reasons they face difficulties at the start of tests. Extramarks recommend students to develop a realistic study schedule for board exams to eliminate any chances of memory block during examinations. Given the vastness of CBSE Syllabus, we also encourage students to set aside a substantial number of hours each day for intensive study.