NEET Sample Paper 2023
NEET Sample Paper 2023
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance exam that is conducted on a national scale to select the candidates for admission into various colleges, both government as well as private, for the undergraduate courses in MBBS/BDS. As per the Supreme court order, only NEET is the valid exam for admission into MBBS/BDS courses. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for this exam to secure a seat for themselves in the prestigious medical colleges of the nation. In order to gain a competitive edge in the exam and ensure their success, the students must focus on solving the NEET sample papers.
Sample & Model Question Papers for NEET 2023
You must have studied all through the year for NEET 2023, but the only way that can help you in cracking the prestigious exam is by practicing NEET sample papers regularly. This will help you in understanding the topics of the NEET syllabus clearly and assessing your preparation level for the examination. The NEET model question papers help you in understanding your strengths and weaknesses and what you can do to score better in the examination. Students must refer to NEET books for preparation and practice from NEET sample papers to test their knowledge and hold in every topic. From this page, you can download the PDF file of the NEET sample paper and save it for your further use.
How will solving NEET sample papers help in preparation?
NEET sample papers are an extremely important resource for students for understanding the demand of the examination and strategizing their preparations. There are certain topics that hold more importance than others in the exam. NEET sample papers can give a clear idea to the students about how much time they should spend on each topic. In addition to that, most of the NEET aspirants are new to this competition. By going through the NEET practice papers and sample papers, the students can understand the requirements of the exam and prepare accordingly. It helps in cutting down the stress level and making the students more prepared for the exam. Moreover, a regular practice of questions as per the sample papers helps in a better understanding of the NEET exam pattern. The students can practice these questions and check their answers with the help of NEET sample papers.
NEET Sample Papers for 2023 with PDF
Importance of the Sample Paper of NEET
- Better acquaintance with the NEET
NEET sample papers act as an important resource for students who are aiming for various medical colleges across the nation. Once they have studied all the topics in the syllabus, they should proceed toward solving questions from the NEET model question paper. Even while studying, if a student practices as per the NEET question paper, they get a better idea of what topic to prioritize. In addition to that, it gives the students a real-time experience with respect to the exam and therefore, helps in reducing the anxiety/ stress of the exam. Regular practice with the help of NEET sample papers can help in boosting the confidence of the students and prepare them well for the exam.
- Better performance on the exam
With the help of NEET sample papers, the students may have insights on the types of questions that are asked in the actual exam. With regular practice, the students can identify their weak and strong areas and work on them accordingly. Moreover, it helps the students in listing out the priority topics that must be covered first. Regular practice with the help of NEET sample papers helps in improving the speed and avoiding silly mistakes that may lead to unnecessary negative marking.
- Time management
NEET comprises 180 questions that should be completed within 3 hours. This means a student gets 30 seconds to solve each question. Therefore, it requires a high level of speed and accuracy to score higher marks in the examination. It is possible that while solving the problems in such a limited time, students may make silly mistakes. In addition to that, attempting complex problems in such a short time may make the students nervous. Regular practice with the help of NEET sample papers can help in solving all these problems and managing time effectively.
- Target your weaknesses
While preparing for any exam, it is very important for the candidates to identify their strengths and weaknesses. Initial identification of weaknesses will ensure that the student spends more time in strengthening that topic so that he/she can answer any question from it. NEET sample papers can help the students in that identification, as it gives them a clear idea about NEET exam pattern and makes them well prepared to solve questions from any topic. Therefore, it is very important for the students to study each topic in the NEET syllabus and solve the questions from the sample papers simultaneously. It will expose them to the diversity of the questions that are asked from each topic and enable them to think out of the box while attempting the questions.
What are the Benefits of Solving Sample Papers for NEET?
NEET mock tests have immense benefits for students who are aspiring to crack NEET and get into the top medical colleges of the country. These include-
- Simulation of real-time exam environment- Practising questions from the NEET sample papers can help you in experiencing the environment of the main exam. You can plan your strategy for answering the questions in the stipulated time. While attempting the questions from the sample paper, the students should check themselves from spending too much time on a certain question. Sometimes, there can be a case where you think that the question is solvable as you have prepared the topic well, but while attempting, you might get stuck at a certain step. It is advised to leave that question and move forward. After attempting all the questions, if you still have some time left, you may revisit those questions. Regular practice of NEET sample papers can help you in building this habit.
- Effective time management- When the students practice from NEET sample papers on a regular basis and attempt mock tests religiously, they get a better idea of the exam pattern as well as the questions that they need to attempt first and what to leave for the last moment. Every student has unique strengths and weaknesses. Only regular practice can help them to identify their weaknesses and work on them. This will improve their speed and accuracy while solving problems.
- Analysis of the difficulty level- With the help of NEET sample papers, the students can get an idea of the type of questions that are asked in the exam. Some questions look difficult to solve but are based on simple concepts. A student who has attempted the mock tests will have an idea of such questions and will be more relaxed while trying them than their counterparts.
Tips for Solving the NEET Sample Papers
Once the students have covered their syllabus by studying NCERT and other NEET books, they must solve the NEET sample papers to assess their level of understanding, analyze the difficulty level of the examination, and curb their fear of the exam. However, there is an effective way of solving NEET sample papers that many are unaware of. In this section, you will learn the right method that should be applied while solving the question paper for a sure-shot success in the exam:
- Get hold of the right resources- Select a time for attempting the questions from the NEET sample paper and keep answer keys, a pen, a timer, and an OMR sheet ready.
- Select a secluded spot so that you can avoid any disturbances and set the timer to 3 hours.
- Always start by reading the instructions carefully
- Start with the section that you are most comfortable with. Read the questions carefully and answer the easy ones first. If you get stuck in a specific question, leave it for the moment and proceed further. You can revisit these questions once you are done answering all the questions, and there’s still time left for it.
- You may mark the OMR sheet simultaneously while solving each question, or you can keep it for the last. It is advised to colour the OMR sheet simultaneously to reduce the events of error.
- Once you have solved all the questions, you must compare your responses with the answer keys.
- Assess your performance and identify your weak areas so that you can work on them.
How To Use NEET Sample Papers for Preparation?
Students make use of NEET sample papers to analyze the difficulty level of the examination as well as assess their own preparedness. You may examine your performance in the following ways:
- Compare your responses with the answers given in the answer key. Assign 4 marks each to the correct answer. Let the marks that your right answers have fetched be X.
- Now, count your wrong answers and assign 1 mark each. Let this number be Y.
- Ignore any attempted questions
- Subtract Y from X to get your final NEET score
Your NEET score will give you an idea of where you stand in terms of the level of preparation. Through this NEET sample paper, you can identify your weak and strong points and work on them accordingly. When you solve the problems, you would realize that some questions take less time to solve. You should aim for a perfect score in such questions by minimizing the time spent on them even further. For those answers that were incorrect, or you could not attempt in one go, you must thoroughly analyze the reasons and practice more questions from this portion of the syllabus. If you could not attempt all the questions from the NEET sample paper, work on your time management skills by practicing more.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is solving NEET Sample papers and question papers enough to get a good NEET score?
A good NEET score is possible only with a good understanding of the basic concepts and regular practice of the questions as per the exam pattern. In this regard, NEET sample paper and question paper act as great tools for aspiring students. Students must first make themselves aware of the NEET syllabus and cover their NCERT before proceeding to other study materials. Once the students have taken care of these things, they must proceed towards solving NEET sample papers to evaluate their performance.
2. What is the right time to solve NEET sample papers?
There is absolutely no particular time for solving NEET sample papers. You may attempt to solve the questions while studying the concepts, so that you can have a better understanding. You may wish to first cover the theoretical part of your syllabus, before getting into solving the questions from the sample paper. It is totally up to you. In addition to that, you may choose any time of the day for solving the NEET sample paper. However, if you align your time with the time of the actual exam, you may get a better feel of the exam.
3. Role of solving NEET sample papers in NEET preparation
When it comes to cracking one of the most prestigious exams for admission into the medical colleges of the country, the role of solving NEET sample papers cannot be ignored. The questions that are asked in these papers are on the lines of those asked in the actual exam. In fact, sometimes you may also find repetitive questions in the exam. Therefore, it is highly advised to go through these sample papers and practise more and more questions from them. They not only help in improving the speed and accuracy of the students while solving the questions in the exam, but also boost the confidence of the students to face any type of question based on any topic.
4. How many sample papers should I solve before cracking NEET 2023?
NEET sample papers are a great way of testing your preparation for the exam. Once you have finished studying all the topics from the syllabus, you must proceed to test your understanding by solving the question papers. There is no limit to the number of NEET sample papers that should be solved to attain success in the exam. The more you solve, the merrier it is. Moreover, with the different kinds of questions that you come across, you gain a different perspective of the concept, and you can discover your own shortcut for solving any problem.
5. How do I start preparing for NEET?
Students who aspire to become medical professionals across the country know the importance of cracking the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Lakhs of candidates compete for NEET every year and work hard to sail smoothly through the exam. The only difference between AIR 1 and AIR 20 is a few silly mistakes and sometimes lack of conceptual clarity may turn out to be more dangerous than lack of knowledge.
NTA conducts NEET every year to select the right candidates for admission into various government as well as private medical colleges across the country. Majority of students crack this exam in the first go. With the right resources, such as NCERTS, reference books, and NEET sample papers, you can achieve this feat. There are certain basic practices that must be kept in mind while preparing for NEET. These include-
Start with NCERT textbook
NCERT textbooks serve as the basis of NEET preparation. Students must strengthen their theoretical knowledge while covering all the topics from the syllabus with the help of NCERT textbooks. It is said that the majority of questions in NEET are asked from NCERT textbooks. Hence, completing it and practising questions from the NEET sample papers simultaneously can turn out to be of great help. While studying NCERT, if you find it difficult to answer any question, there are plenty of platforms over the internet that provide solutions to the questions of NCERT.
Get proper guidance
Sometimes, the syllabus of NEET might seem overwhelming, but with the right guidance, you can complete it with ease. Since many students cannot afford costly coaching, it can turn out to be a major limitation in their preparation for the NEET. There are a plethora of resources that are available online. From this page, for example, the students can have access to the NEET sample papers that will help in their preparation. There are several online learning platforms, like Extramarks that help you prepare for the exam from the comfort of your home. We have live sessions, practice sheets, mock tests, past years’ papers, NEET sample papers and a lot more to offer.
Stay focused till the end
Sometimes, as the NEET approaches, it becomes very stressful for the students, and they might get distracted because of any reason. This is the most common mistake that the students make because of which they might not perform well in the examination. At this time, staying focussed by practising more and more questions from NEET sample papers can be helpful.
Prioritise your preparation
There are certain topics/chapters that hold more importance than the others in NEET in terms of marks distribution as well as chances of occurrence. Students will get the idea of important topics with the help of NEET sample papers. They must make sure to cover these topics in advance and master the concepts so that they can answer any question from these topics.
Practise more and more
Mock tests and NEET sample papers help you in preparing well for the exam as these will help you in strengthening your grip on the concepts and improving your problem-solving skills so that you can ace the exam. In addition to that, it will familiarise you with the exam pattern and help to build time management skills.
Constantly revise the concepts.
Revision is the key to success in NEET. It is advised for the students to go through the concepts till the last moment before the exam in order to perform well. NEET sample papers can be of great help in revision as through them, you come across a variety of questions that can be asked in the exam.
Take care of your health
While preparing for the NEET, students tend to ignore their physical as well as mental health. If you are not healthy, you may not be able to perform well in the exam. Proper diet and regular exercises can help you in maintaining your health. In addition to that, NEET sample papers can be of great use, as they help in curbing the anxiety and preparing the students for the exam.
No one can deny success when your intentions are right, and your efforts are on point. If you aspire to crack the NEET in one go, study with all your heart and be confident.
6. How to Crack NEET 2023 Exam?
- Thoroughly analyse the latest syllabus
- Practise with the help of NEET sample papers religiously.
- Attempt mock tests seriously.
- Start with the NCERT textbook and prepare from the best NEET books.
- Focus on weak points and try to strengthen them.
- Make notes with proper highlights for last minute revision.
- Avoid any guesswork and only answer those questions in which you are confident enough.
7. How do I crack the NEET 2023 by self-study?
- Prepare a strict but practical timetable and follow it religiously.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly.
- Cover your NCERTs and refer to the best books for NEET.
- Set daily targets and make sure to fulfil them.
- Refer to NEET sample papers, online study materials, practice sets, etc.
- Make sure to save some time for recreation.
- Practise from mock tests and NEET sample papers.
- Be clear in your concepts and take help from online and offline resources.
- Stay calm and stay positive. This is very important for success.