JEE Advance 2022 – Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Syllabus
The JEE Advanced exam is one of the toughest competitive exams held in the country. It is an important exam for the JEE candidates who want to get into the IITs. With lakhs of students competing, getting a good rank in the JEE Advanced exam is not an easy task and it involves a lot of hard work and regular revision. The preparation of the JEE Advanced exam involves a proper study of the JEE Main Syllabus and having total clarity of the concepts. To keep a check on one’s own preparation, it is important to solve the JEE Advanced Question Papers regularly in order to understand the exam pattern as well as the difficulty level of the questions. We have provided all the previous years’ question papers along with their detailed solutions free of cost on our website for the benefit of the students. A thorough study of all the concepts given in the JEE Advanced Syllabus is a crucial step in the JEE Advanced exam preparation.
JEE Advance 2022
The JEE Advanced exam 2022 will be conducted in a Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode and it consists of two papers. The timings for Paper-1 will be 9:00 am to 12:00 pm while the timings for paper-2 will be from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The JEE candidates have to register themselves online for the computer-based entrance exam. The two papers will be based on the concepts covered in the JEE Advanced Syllabus which is released by the conducting authorities. Appearing for the papers is mandatory for all the JEE aspirants. The admissions to the IITs take place on the basis of the ranks obtained in the JEE Advanced exam. Getting a good score in the exam requires a lot of effort, dedication, and patience.
What is JEE Advance?
The successful candidates who qualify for the JEE Advanced exam 2022 will become eligible for getting admission into the undergraduate Engineering, Science, and Architecture programs in the 23 IITs across the country. The JEE Advanced qualified candidates are eligible for Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, and Dual Degree courses in the IITs. The JEE Advanced exam is conducted every year by the seven IITs- IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Roorkee. The JEE Advanced exam 2021 was conducted by IIT Kharagpur. IIT Bombay will be conducting the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced exam this year. The JEE Advanced exam can be attempted only by the candidates who are the top rankers of the JEE Main exam.
JEE Advance 2022 Highlights
|Name of the exam||JEE Advanced|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions and Numerical questions|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Exam duration||Paper 1: 3 hours
Paper 2: 3 hours
JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus
The JEE Advanced Syllabus is uploaded on the official website of the JEE Advanced exam https://jeeadv.ac.in/ in PDF format. The candidates should study all the recommended topics given under each of the three main subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics to cover the whole JEE Advanced Syllabus. It is important to know which sections to cover under every subject to prepare for the exam accordingly. The candidates should have a proper strategy so that they can give the correct amount of time to complete all the topics. The JEE Advanced Syllabus consists of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and it is based on the Class 11th and class 12th syllabus. The JEE candidates can refer to the JEE Advanced previous year question papers to get an idea of the question pattern.
JEE Advance 2022 Physics Syllabus
|Electricity and magnetism|
JEE Advance 2022 Chemistry Syllabus
The JEE Advanced Syllabus for the Chemistry section is divided into 3 sections – Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry.
|Physical Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||Organic Chemistry|
|General Topics||Isolation/preparation of the following non metals||Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes|
|Gaseous and liquid states||Preparation and properties of the following compounds||Preparation, properties and reactions of alkynes and alkynes|
|Atomic structure and chemical bonding||Transition elements (3D series)||Reaction to benzene|
|energetics||Ores and Minerals||phenols|
|Chemical equilibrium||Extractive Metallurgy||Characteristic reactions|
|electrochemistry||Principles of qualitative analysis||Carbohydrates|
|Chemical kinetics||Amino acids and Peptides|
|Solid state||Properties and uses of some important polymers|
|Solutions||Practical organic chemistry|
JEE Advance 2022 Maths Syllabus
JEE Advance 2022 Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced 2022 exam pattern will be released by IIT Bombay on its official website along with the brochure. The exam pattern for both papers will vary every year. The candidates can check the previous year’s exam pattern to get an idea.
|Mode of the examination||Computer-based examination|
|Medium of the examination||English and Hindi|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|Total duration||Each paper – 3 hours
4 hours for PwD candidates
|Number of sections||PhysicsChemistry
JEE Advance 2022 Exam Dates
The tentative exam date for the JEE Advanced 2022 exam is June 3rd week. The official date for the exam has not been announced yet.
|Event||Tentative Date||Things to Note|
|Start of Registration||First week of May 2022||Candidates can apply for the exam online on the official JEE Advanced website with the same login id used for JEE Main registration/login|
|Last date to register||The first week of June 2022||Candidates will not be allowed to fill out the application form after the last date.|
|Last date to submit the application fee||The second week of June 2022||Fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, or net banking till the date only.|
|Admit card availability||The Second Week of June 2022||Successfully registered candidates will only be allowed to download their admit cards.|
|JEE Advanced 2022 Exam||The Third Week of June 2022||IIT Bombay will be conducting the online exam at different centres across India.|
JEE Advance 2022 Application
The registration for the JEE Advanced exam 2022 is expected to start from the first week of May 2022. The JEE Candidates will be able to fill and submit the JEE Advanced 2022 exam registration form through an online process. The application form can be downloaded from the first week of May 2022. The Registration Form will be available on the website of the conducting authority only. Forms downloaded from any other website won’t be accepted. The last date for the registration process will be till the first week of June 2022. The candidates should take a print of the application form for any further use.
JEE Advance 2022 Registration Process
The JEE Advanced exam Application Form 2022 will be made available on the official JEE Advanced website, jeeadv.ac.in. The applicants can fill out the JEE Advanced exam application form only in the online mode. The candidates have to make sure that they have filled and submitted the online application before the last date.
JEE Advance 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE candidates should always check the eligibility criteria first before filling out the JEE Advanced 2022 application form. Only the eligible candidates are allowed to sit in the examination.
- The candidates who gave the class 12th exam in 2020 or 2021 and successfully registered for JEE Advanced 2021 but were absent in both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of JEE Advanced exam 2021, are eligible to sit for JEE Advanced exam 2022.
- The candidates who had given in the class 12 examination in 2020 are also eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2022. These candidates should have met the cut-off score of the top 2,50,000 successful JEE Main candidates.
- As per the new changes which were introduced in the eligibility criteria of the JEE Advanced 2021, the students are not required to fulfil the minimum eligibility marks of 75% or 65% in the case of ST/ SC in the 12th grade to get admission into the IITs. The candidates who have passed the 12th grade, as well as the JEE Main exam, will be eligible for the JEE Advanced exam.
Here, the JEE candidates can check the list of examinations that will be considered equal to class 12th examination to be eligible for the JEE Advanced exam 2022:
- The class 12th exam which is conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or a two-year Pre-University exam which is conducted by a Board or University recognized by the AIUs.
- The Final examination of the Joint Services Wing of the NDA.
- Higher Secondary School exam which is conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognised by the AIU. H.S.C. vocational examination
- 3-year diploma that is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination in (London, Cambridge, or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- HSC exam of Cambridge University or I B Diploma course of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the candidates have passed the qualifying examination from outside India or from a Board that is not mentioned in the list, they will have to produce the certificate from the AIU which states that the exam they have passed is equal to class 12th examination.
- If the Class XII examination was not a public exam, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
JEE Advance 2022 Marking Scheme
JEE Advanced Paper 1 Marking scheme
|Section||Question Type||Marks given for a correct answer||Negative Marking|
|1||Multiple Choice Question with 1 correct answer||+3||-1|
|2||Multiple Choice Question which can have more than 1 correct answer||+4||-1|
|3||Numerical Value answers- based questions||+3||0|
JEE Advanced Paper 2 Marking scheme
|Section||Question Type||Marks given for a correct answer||Negative Marking|
|1||Multiple Choice Question having more than 1 correct answer||+4||-1|
|2||Numerical Value answers-based questions||+3||0|
|3||List Match type Questions||+3||-1|
JEE Advance 2022 Admit Card
The JEE Advanced exam 2022 admit card will be made available online on the official website tentatively from the second week of June 2022. The candidates have to visit the official website and log in with their JEE Advanced 2022 registration number, date of birth, and mobile number to get their admit card. Only the JEE Aspirants who have registered successfully for the JEE Advanced exam will be allowed access to download the admit card. the aspirants should get in touch with the authorities of their zonal IIT if they are not able to download the card.
JEE Advance Counselling 2022
The JEE Advanced qualified candidates will be required to register for the counselling for the JEE Advanced exam 2022 and seat allotment. It is to be noted that only the eligible candidates will be able to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process. Here is the procedure for the candidates to complete JEE Advanced Counselling and seat allotment process-
- Registration: The JEE aspirants will have to register for the JEE Advanced 2022 exam counselling and seat allotment. The students will need to use their JEE Main roll number and JEE Advanced password as details while logging in.
- Filling and locking of choice: After the first step of registration, the candidates will have to select the college and courses of their choice from the available options and lock it.
- Allotment of Seats: There will be a mock seat allotment for the candidates according to the choices that they made. The candidates will be allowed to change their choices after the mock seat allotment. Seats will be allotted to the students according to their merit, preferred choices, category, and availability.
- Reporting at Centres: After allotment of seats, the candidates will have to download their allotment letter and have to pay the seat acceptance fee. They will need to carry the necessary documents to the respective centres for verification.
Some important points to consider-
The candidates should consider the following points regarding the seat allotment during JEE Advanced 2022 exam Counselling. Candidates will be assigned their seats according to their ranks in the exam.
- The students have to Login using the Registration No, given Roll No, and password to check their seat allotment status.
- The students should check their status of the Seat Allotment at the end of every round as it is bound to change in case of upgradation.
- The certificate soft copies of the SC/ST/OBC candidates that were uploaded at the time of online registration will be cross checked against their originals during seat allocation process.
- If the certificates uploaded are not correct, the student will be treated as General only if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main is more than the cut off score in the General category.
List of documents required for verification
The following original documents have to be submitted at the reporting centres for verification along with attested photocopies:
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Admit card of JEE Advanced 2022 exam
- Any certificate for Date of Birth proof
- Photo Identity of the candidate
- Class XII or any equal exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Two passport size photographs
- Category Certificate that has been issued by a competent authority
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report
- In case of foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of passport page mentioning the candidate name, photo, and nationality
JEE Advance 2022 Results
The results of the JEE Advanced exam 2022 will be announced by IIT Bombay in July 2022. The JEE aspirants would have to enter their Registration Number, registered mobile number, and their date of birth to check the results online and download the scorecard.
JEE Advance 2022 Cut Off
The National Testing Agency will release the JEE Main cut-off for qualification at the same time as the declaration of JEE Main result 2022. There are two types of JEE Main 2022 cut-offs – qualifying cut off and admission cut off. The qualifying cut off of JEE Main 2022 along with the result by the NTA. The JEE Main 2022 qualifying cut off is the score required by the candidates to be eligible for attempting JEE Advanced 2022. On the other hand, the JEE Main 2022 admission cut off is the minimum marks required by the candidates to be eligible for admission in the IITs etc. The cut off will depends on the number of candidates who appeared for the exam and the number of seats available as well as the difficulty level of JEE Main exam. The cut off will also depend on the previous year’s JEE Main cut off trends.
JEE Advance 2022 Mock Test
The JEE Advanced Mock Test paper is available on our website in PDF format. Solving the mock test will give the students a good idea about the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the questions.
JEE Advanced Marks vs Rank
The candidates are able to predict their rank on the basis of their JEE Advanced exam marks. There has not been much difference in the marks vs rank trends for the JEE Advanced exam in the last few years.
JEE Advance 2022 – Preparation Tips
The JEE Advanced exam needs a lot of hard work and perseverance. It is natural for the students to be nervous about the same. The pressure to score well often takes a toll on the students. Some important points to keep in mind-
- Do a proper study of the JEE Advanced Syllabus which covers the three main subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Students must practice the previous years’ JEE Advanced Question Papers regularly to understand the question pattern as well as the difficulty level.
- Solve the JEE Advanced Mock Test to increase speed and accuracy.
- Make an effective study plan.
- Allocate time to each subject.
- Revise regularly.
- Be thorough with the NCERT books.
- Choose the right and relevant study materials for the preparation of the JEE Advanced exam
Best Books For JEE Advanced
We have compiled a list of the best books which will be very helpful to the students in their preparation for the JEE Advanced exam.
Age Limit: The candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1996 (for general candidates) and 1st October 1991 (for SC/ST & PwD candidates).
The candidates should have compulsorily passed JEE Main 2022 (Paper 1) and they should also be among the top 2,50,000 candidates. To sit for the JEE Advanced exam 2022, the candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1997. The SC, ST, and PwD candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
Candidates have to be citizens of India. The OCI & PIO candidates can also apply for the JEE Advanced exam.
Aadhar Card Possession
Aadhar Card is compulsory to sit for the JEE Advanced exam. The candidates are not eligible for the exam if they don’t have an Aadhar Card.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is IIT JEE Advanced exam?
JEE Advanced is the next level after the JEE Main Exam. The top-ranking candidates of the JEE Main exam will appear in the JEE Advanced exam for getting admission into the IITs.
2. Who will conduct JEE Advanced 2022 exam?
IIT Bombay will be conducting the JEE Advanced exam 2022. Every year the JEE Advanced exam is conducted by the Zonal IITs.
3. What kind of courses can be opted through the JEE Advanced exam?
Through the JEE Advanced exam, IITs will offer admission into the undergraduate courses to obtain a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Architecture.
4. When JEE Advanced 2022 Exam will be conducted?
The exam dates for the JEE Advanced exam 2022 are expected to be announced soon. The candidates can check the official JEE website for more information.
5. Who is eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced Exam 2022?
The JEE Advanced Eligibility is based on the following: JEE Main qualification Marks, age, number of previous attempts, and the educational qualification for JEE Advanced, and also the eligibility criteria for IITs Admissions
6. Is the JEE Advanced Exam held online or offline?
The JEE Advanced Exam is a computer-based test and will be conducted online.