CBSE Class 2 Syllabus
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus 2023-24 All Subjects
The Central Board of Secondary Education holds the title of India’s most prominent national educational board and has successfully generated syllabi that guarantee a bright future. The CBSE class 2 syllabus 2023-24 has been modified, keeping in mind the learning capability of a 2nd grader.
The most important aspect of the syllabus revised by the CBSE board is the playful nature of the chapters, some of which are filled with mind games and puzzles. It is designed to sharpen and develop the minds of the students. The CBSE class 2 syllabus can be easily aced with the help of various study materials provided by CBSE such as CBSE revision notes, CBSE sample papers, CBSE extra questions, etc.
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus for Other Subjects
|CBSE Class 2 Hindi Syllabus|
|CBSE Class 2 English Syllabus|
|CBSE Class 2 Maths Syllabus|
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus for 2023-24 Exam – All Subjects Overview
After Class 1, Class 2 is the second most crucial grade where students start using and questioning their minds. The acceleration happens on a second level. A prestigious educational body, CBSE has made sure to formulate a syllabus that brings growth, development, interest, fun, and joy to the second graders.
The core subjects that form the base of class 2 are- English, Mathematics and Hindi. Other subjects include Environmental Studies, General Knowledge, Drawing. The NCERT books are filled with chapters that make young minds think and explore the world of facts and imagination.
In this article, we will have a quick overview of the CBSE class 2 syllabus here below:
- English: The NCERT books that are followed by every school affiliated with CBSE provide the latest English syllabus for class 2, sectioned under two books: Marigold and Raindrops. The two textbooks consist of creative stories and poems that enthral the children when learning. The books are made attractive by adding beautiful pictures, and there are fun activities in-between that aim to keep the students engaged with learning.
There are ten units in the book Marigold and fifteen chapters in the supplementary book Raindrops, both of which ensure effective learning. The grammar portion includes nouns, pronouns, adjectives, conjunction, preposition, tenses, etc.
The books are so modified that they provide the solutions to the exercises at the end of the chapters. The students are also advised to practise CBSE extra questions, and other important questions, as this will boost their confidence and make them ready to sit for the exam.
- Mathematics: It is that subject that requires a lot of practise. CBSE, being the biggest national educational board, has ensured to effectively get the students to practise mathematics questions through its comprehensive syllabus. The most fun-loving aspect of the Mathematics syllabus provided by CBSE is the NCERTbook and its chapters.
The name of the chapters has been creatively formed so as to invoke the interest and curiosity of the second graders. The syllabus consists of easy formulae, concepts of measurement, shapes, counting, and pattern. Addition and subtraction have been levelled up. The introduction of multiplication and division has been also added to the Mathematics syllabus of class 2.
The topics of capacity, weights, lengths, and distance are also covered in the syllabus along with the acknowledgement of days, weeks, months of the year. With the help of CBSE sample papers, and CBSE past year question papers, it becomes easier for students to ace the mathematics examination. The entire syllabus critically challenges its students to use the power of their brain in solving the sums.
- Hindi: The Hindi syllabus of class 2 provided by the CBSE board includes 15 chapters that comprise poetry and stories that are both exciting and valuable. The syllabus has been designed to teach the Hindi language, but the chapters also consist of moral values that help the students become more aware. The motto of the CBSE board is to make learning easy no matter what the subject is and CBSE has been rightfully proving it as well.
The other subjects, such as Environmental Studies, include chapters that develop the students’ understanding of nature, humans, surroundings, and culture. The worksheet provided increases the power of exploring and helps in becoming self-aware. Some of the chapters deal with good habits, the invention of the wheel, different types of clothes, time, means of transport, family, etc.
The General Knowledge syllabus of class 2 provided by CBSE aims to make the students aware of different things, places, and people in India, especially those that hold some kind of special value. There are 30 chapters in total which deal with concepts of religion, festivals, the forms of Indian dances, dresses, famous Indians and many more. It has been designed to challenge the IQ of the students with its fun games hidden in between the chapters.
The most fun-loving and creative subject is Drawing, and CBSE has made sure to make the best of it to enhance the creativity level of the students. The Drawing syllabus of class 2 comprises colouring pictures, drawing on sandpaper, collage work, etc.
2nd Class Syllabus – Recommended books
The second standard is such a phase during which students start developing their primary brains and start understanding and building their knacks. During this stage, the students start learning difficult words and important concepts.
The updated syllabus provided by CBSE facilitates learning, especially self-learning. The books take the children on adventures with lots of fun-loving and mind-blowing activities. CBSE follows the NCERT textbooks strictly, designed to help build a brighter future. The recommended books for English, Mathematics and Hindi are:
- English Book 1: Marigold
- English Book 2: RainDrops
- Mathematics Book (English Medium): Math-Magic
- Mathematics Book (Hindi Medium): गणित का जादू
- Mathematics Book (Urdu Medium): Riyazi ka Jadu-II
- Hindi Book: Rimjhim
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus – English
Syllabus from Marigold book
- First Day at School
- Haldi’s Adventure
- I am Lucky!
- I Want
- A Smile
- The Wind and the Sun
- Storm in the Garden
- Zoo Manners
- Funny Bunny
- Mr. Nobody
- Curlylocks and the Three Bears
- On My Blackboard I can Draw
- Make it Shorter
- I am the Music Man
- The Mumbai Musicians
- Granny Granny Please Comb my Hair
- The Magic Porridge Pot
- Strange Talk
- The Grasshopper and the Ant
Syllabus from RainDrops book
- Chapter 1: Action Song (Poem)
- Chapter 2: Our Day
- Chapter 3: My Family
- Chapter 4: What’s Going On?
- Chapter 5: Mohan, The Potter
- Chapter 6: Rain in Summer (Poem)
- Chapter 7: My Village
- Chapter 8: The Work People Do
- Chapter 9: Work (Poem)
- Chapter 10: Our National Symbols
- Chapter 11: The Festivals of India
- Chapter 12: The Monkey and The Elephant
- Chapter 13: Going to the Fair
- Chapter 14: Colours (Poem)
- Chapter 15: Sikkim
- Unit 1: Adjectives
- Unit 2: Opposites
- Unit 3: Verbs
- Unit 4: Nouns
- Unit 5: Tenses
- Unit 6: Pronouns
- Unit 7: Preposition
- Unit 8: Conjunction
- Unit 9: Singular & Plural
- Unit 10: Young one of the animals
- Unit 11: Animal sound
- Unit 12: Silent letters
- Unit 13: Adverbs
- Unit 14: Riddles
- Unit 15: Articles
- Unit 16: Picture Composition
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus – Mathematics
- Chapter 1: What is Long, What is Round?
- Chapter 2: Counting in Groups
- Chapter 3: How Much Can You Carry?
- Chapter 4: Counting in Tens
- Chapter 5: Patterns
- Chapter 6: Footprints
- Chapter 7: Jugs and Mugs
- Chapter 8: Tens and Ones
- Chapter 9: My Funday
- Chapter 10: Add our Points
- Chapter 11: Lines and Lines
- Chapter 12: Give and Take
- Chapter 13: The Longest Step
- Chapter 14: Birds Come, Birds Go
- Chapter 15: How Many Ponytails?
CBSE Class 2 Syllabus – Hindi
- पाठ 1: ऊँट चला
- पाठ 2: भालू ने खेली फुटबॉल
- पाठ 3: म्याऊँ, म्याऊँ !!
- पाठ 4: अधिक बलवान कौन?
- पाठ 5: दोस्त की मदद
- पाठ 6: बहुत हुआ
- पाठ 7: मेरी किताब
- पाठ 8: तितली और कली
- पाठ 9: बुलबुल
- पाठ 10: मीठी सारंगी
- पाठ 11: टेसू राजा बीच बाजार
- पाठ 12: बस के नीचे बाघ
- पाठ 13: सूरज जल्दी आना जी
- पाठ 14: नटखट चूहा
- पाठ 15: एक्की-दोक्की
Class 2 CBSE Syllabus – Conclusion
The CBSE board class 2 syllabus is available on the official website of Extramarks. It is thoroughly checked and rechecked in order to provide the students, parents and teachers with the right information anywhere and anytime. The CBSE board has focused on providing the latest updates in primary education so as to never let children lag behind. This article also provides explicit details about the books which are preferable for second-grade students. We as an educational website aim to provide authentic information in order to help make learning easy, comfortable and fun.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Will the CBSE syllabus for class 2 help students prepare for the exam?
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has designed the class 2 syllabus to prepare the students for examination. The NCERT books and the CBSE sample papers along with CBSE revision notes together help in preparation.
2. Where will I get the complete CBSE syllabus for Class 2?
The complete authentic syllabus for CBSE class 2 can be found on the Extramarks website and also on the official website of CBSE.