JEE Main 2016 Question Paper With Solutions
Introduction to JEE Main:
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a key step in the life of an engineering aspirant. It is an exam that requires a lot of determination and hard work. It is one of the toughest and most competitive exams in the country. It is also the qualifier for the JEE Advanced examination. Millions of students write the exam every year, hoping to get selected for their dream engineering college. Practicing past question papers is one of the best ways to prepare for the exam.
There were two sessions for the 2016 JEE main paper. CBSE conducted the first session in January 2016 and the other session in September 2016.
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper
Students can find the solved JEE Main 2016 question paper on the Extramarks website. They can access the question paper for free, along with the clear-cut and concise solutions curated by the experts at Extramarks. The JEE main 2016 question paper and its analysis will play a vital role in the candidate’s journey to crack the JEE examination.
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper Syllabus:
The table below shows the syllabus for the physics, chemistry, and maths sections of JEE main 2016 question paper:
JEE Main 2016 Exam Pattern:
|Subject||Class 11||Class 12||Total|
|No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper Analysis:
The JEE main 2016 question paper analysis has been given below. This analysis will help students scrutinize their answers and knowledge methodically.
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper Analysis – Physics Section
The physics section of the JEE main 2016 question paper was considered the toughest of the three sections.
- It consisted of concept-based questions which were heavy on calculations.
- There were similar questions from previous year’s papers
- The paper had a few questions with more than one answer
- The questions were relatively straightforward compared to 2015.
Physics Key topics covered:
- Alternating Current
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Field
- KTG & Thermodynamics
- Error in Measurement
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Work, Power & Energy
- Electromagnetic waves & communication
- Modern Physics
- Geometrical Optics & Physical Optics
- Wave Optics
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper Analysis – Chemistry Section
The chemistry section of the JEE main 2016 question paper was of moderate level. There were a few difficult questions, but most of them were straightforward.
- The majority of the questions were easy and scored.
- Organic chemistry had a few difficult questions.
- There were a few questions with missing data and wrong answers.
Chemistry Key topics covered:
- Hydrogen and Its Compounds
- Chemical Bonding
- Periodic Table and Periodicity in Properties
- p Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- s Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Qualitative Analysis
- Biomolecules General Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Carbohydrates, Amino Acids, and Polymers
- Practical Organic Chemistry
- Atomic Structure and Nuclear Chemistry
- Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Gaseous State
JEE Main 2016 Question Paper Analysis – Mathematics Section
The mathematics section of the JEE Main 2016 question paper was moderate. Most of the questions were concept and formula-based.
- The questions were of moderate level.
- The 2016 mathematics paper was easier compared to the previous year’s JEE papers.
Mathematics Key topics covered:
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Coordinate Geometry (3-D)
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Differential equation
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Quadratic Equation
- Sequence & Series
- Trigonometric Ratio & identities
The JEE Main 2016 question paper with solved answers is shared below. In addition, the experts at Extramarks have curated easy-to-read solutions for the JEE Main 2016 question paper, which candidates can access for free.
JEE Main Preparation Tips:
- Solve questions of higher levels from good books as suggested by our experts below
- Analyse and solve as many previous year JEE main question papers as the JEE main 2016 question paper.
- Attend JEE Main mock tests regularly, possibly one per week.
- Regular revision of the earlier studied concepts is significant to prevent losing touch with main topics.
- Students should maintain a positive attitude during exam preparation to get the most out of their hard work.
Benefits of Solving JEE Main 2016 question paper
- Students can develop a fair understanding of exam papers by solving questions of the JEE Main 2016 question paper.
- One important way to revise the full JEE Main syllabus is to solve the past years’ question papers. By doing so, students would also know their strengths and weaknesses in a better way.
- Candidates can learn about the types of questions commonly asked in the JEE Main exams by looking at previous year’s question papers. On average, 70% to 80% of the questions in any entrance examination are repeated. Therefore, if a candidate has solved question papers for the last 8-10 years, he or she will have a better chance to pass the entrance exam.
- Solving multiple JEE main papers helps students understand the JEE main exam pattern which will further help them improve their speed and accuracy.
Best Books for JEE main 2016
JEE Main 2016 question paper Cut off:
Guidelines for the Exam Day:
- Candidates are advised to visit the exam center a day before the exam. Reaching the exam center an hour earlier helps in avoiding problems.
- Candidates are supposed to carry a hard copy of their JEE Main admit card and a valid photo ID proof (PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card with Photograph, E-Aadhar, Ration Card, Aadhaar Enrolment Number with Photo).
- No electronic devices, jewelry, watches, and so on are allowed into the exam hall.
Do’s and Don’ts for JEE Main Exam:
Given below are the do’s and don’ts for the JEE main exam.
- Start the question paper by attempting the easier and medium questions of the JEE main question paper first; this will help in boosting the candidate’s morale and also help in increasing the JEE main score.
- The hard copy of the hall ticket and a passport-size photo is to be submitted to the invigilator before the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates are advised to carry their transparent water bottles and transparent ballpoint pen.
- The candidates are advised not to solve questions in haste as many silly mistakes occur in doing so.
- Anxiety during the exam is a major factor that can bring down students’ scores.
- Wearing uncomfortable clothes during exams will distract the candidate.
JEE Main Question Paper and Solution 2016
Get access to the JEE main 2016 paper with JEE main 2016 solutions curated by the experts on the Extramarks website for free. The JEE main 2016 question paper will help students analyze their strengths and weaknesses, which further will help them enhance their preparation for the examination.
To increase the ease of accessibility of the JEE Main 2016 question paper, Extramarks provides you with the full question paper and solutions below, which you can use to prepare for your exam.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the JEE main 2016 question paper?
JEE Main 2016 question paper with solutions is available on the Extramarks website. Students can refer to the answers and questions and improve their skills. The solution will have questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
2. How can I access last years’ JEE Main Chemistry question paper with answers?
The online version of the JEE Main Chemistry question paper is available for free on the Extramarks website. Refer to links shared in the above section. The solutions are designed for easy and quick understanding of concepts for students.
The question papers are a helpful study tool that will assist students in improving their problem-solving skills as well as in understanding the JEE Main test pattern and format. Candidates can also obtain access to the JEE Main Chemistry exam papers and solutions from the National Testing Agency (NTA) website.
3. What is the age limit to appear in JEE (Main)?
The JEE main exam does not have an upper age limit. People of any age can appear for the exam. Candidates can only give three consecutive attempts at the exam and must have chosen Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12.