Jee Main 2017 Question Paper
Introduction to JEE Main:
The Joint Entrance Examination is one of the most important exams in the life of an engineering aspirant. The JEE preparation requires constant hard work with a lot of determination. The Central Board for Secondary education was the governing body for JEE in 2017. There were both offline and online modes conducted in 2017. The offline mode was conducted on 2nd April, and the online mode was conducted on the 8th and 9th of April. Nearly 12 lakh aspiring students appeared for the exam. One of the best approaches to preparing for the JEE exam is by solving the previous year’s papers, such as the JEE Main 2017 question paper.
All the questions are obtained from the official website of CBSE. Candidates can access the question papers and try them for themselves. Check out our JEE Main 2017 question paper page to get a deeper insight into JEE.
JEE Main Question Paper 2017 With Solutions
Students can develop a fair understanding of JEE Main by practicing the JEE Main 2017 question paper with solutions. JEE aspirants may be nervous due to the ambiguity surrounding the questions asked in the exam. Candidates can kickstart their engineering preparation through the JEE Main question paper 2017 solutions and other past papers solutions from the Extramarks website. The question paper can directly be downloaded for free, along with the precise and simple solutions curated by our experts.
Students can explore various resources, including JEE Main revision notes, JEE Main sample papers, JEE Main question papers, JEE Advanced question papers. They can also solve the JEE Main mock tests to improve their knowledge and enhance their exam-oriented training.
JEE Main 2017 question paper Syllabus:
The table below shows the syllabus for the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics section of JEE Main 2017 question paper:
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Subject||Class 11||Class 12||Total|
|No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks|
JEE Main 2017 Question Paper Analysis:
The JEE Main 2017 question paper has been analyzed by our experts and shared below.
JEE Main 2017 Physics question paper analysis:
In the JEE Main 2017 paper, out of 30 questions, 11 were from class 11, and the other 19 were from the syllabus of class 12. Most of the questions were of moderate difficulty. The JEE Main 2017 question paper’s physics questions were more calculative and formula-based. There were hardly any direct theoretical questions. Therefore, a student with good conceptual knowledge and familiarity with applying concepts will find the paper to be moderate. The chapters with the most weightage were current electricity, modern physics, work power and energy.
JEE Main 2017 Chemistry question paper analysis:
Chemistry was the most straightforward section in the JEE Main 2017 question paper. Most of the questions were theoretical, with fewer calculations. The JEE Main 2017 paper’s chemistry section had a difficulty curve similar to the previous year. The chapters with the most weightage were the mole concept and organic chemistry.
JEE Main 2017 Mathematics question paper analysis:
In the JEE Main 2017 question paper, out of 30 questions, ten were from the syllabus of class 11 and 20 were from the syllabus of class 12. It was rated as the most challenging section of the JEE Main 2017 question paper. The lengthiness and application-based questions made the section challenging to solve. Most weightage was from chapters like Vector 3-D geometry and calculus.
Jee Main 2017 Question Paper Analysis
The JEE Main 2017 question paper was rated between easy and moderate. It was easier compared to the previous year question paper.
From a total of 90 questions in the JEE Main 2017 question paper:
- 28% of the questions were considered easy.
- 59% of the questions were deemed to be moderate.
- 13% of the questions were considered difficult.
Spread of questions from class 11 and 12 in JEE Main 2017 question paper:
- Mathematics: Out of 30 questions, 20 were from class 12, and 10 were from class 11
- Chemistry: Out of 30 questions, 17 were from class 12, and 13 were from class 11
- Physics: Out of 30 questions, 19 were from class 12, and 11 were from class 11.
Eighteen chapters have noticeably appeared in every paper, including the JEE Main 2017 question paper. The ratio of syllabus between class 11 and class 12 is 50:50, with a slight tilt towards class 12 at 56%. The list of the most important topics is given in the table below. Follow these topics to score better. By and large, the paper was on expected lines without any elements of surprise.
|Binomial Theorem||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Complex Numbers||Magnetic Effects of Current||Coordination Compounds|
|Indefinite Integration||Ray Optics|
|Matrices and Determinants||Semiconductors and Communication System|
|Point and Straight Line||Waves and Sound|
|Sequences and Series (Progressions)|
The JEE Main 2017 question paper with solutions is available on the Extramarks website. In addition, the experts at Extramarks have curated easy-to-read explanations for the JEE Main 2017 question paper, which candidates can access for free.
JEE Main Preparation Tips:
- Making a detailed timetable and following it can help in cracking the exam.
- Analyzing and solving the previous year’s JEE Main question papers like JEE Main 2017 question paper.
- Regular solving of mock tests and question papers and analyzing them
- Solve questions of higher levels from good books.
- Selecting the best books for preparation is vital.
Benefits of Solving JEE Main 2017 Question Paper
- Solving papers like the JEE Main 2017 question paper will help candidates improve time management.
- Students develop a good understanding of the exam pattern and language of the questions by solving the JEE Main 2017 question paper with solutions.
Some Good Books for JEE Main 2017:
JEE Main 2017 Question Paper Cut Off:
Candidates can check out JEE Main result, and JEE Main cut-off. Aspirants passing the exam are qualified for JEE Main counselling, and the candidates in the top 2,50,000 are selected for JEE Advanced.
Guidelines for the Exam Day:
- Students must carry a copy of their JEE Main admit card and a valid photo ID proof (PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card with Photograph, E-Aadhar, Ration Card, Aadhaar Enrolment Number with Photo).
- Aspirants can leave the exam center a day before and reach the exam an hour early. By doing so, last-minute problems will get avoided.
- Electronic devices, jewelry, and watches, etc., are not permitted in the exam hall.
Do’s and Don’ts for JEE Main Exam:
Given below are the do’s and don’ts for the JEE Main exam.
- Starting the question paper by solving the easy and moderate questions is ideal for attempting the exam. Furthermore, applying this strategy will benefit the candidate as their morale will be boosted.
- Candidates are advised to carry a copy of the PwD certificate (if applicable).
- The hard copy of the hall ticket and a passport-size photo is to be submitted to the invigilator before the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates are advised to carry their transparent water bottles and transparent ballpoint pen.
- Solving questions in haste can cost candidates marks, resulting in a decrease in their ranks.
- Anxiety and ambiguity before the exam can take a toll on the candidate and reduce their performance during the exam.
- Candidates are prohibited from wearing metallic objects in the exam hall.
JEE Main Question Paper and Solution 2017
Access the online version of JEE Main 2017 question papers with physics, chemistry, and mathematics solutions on the Extramarks website. Practicing the previous year’s JEE Main 2017 question paper will help in better clarity of concepts and also help in applying the concepts to different questions, thereby benefiting your score. In addition, using previous years’ papers also helps in self-analysis.
Extramarks has provided below the JEE Main 2017 question paper and solutions for students preparing for JEE Main.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Where can I find the JEE Main 2017 question paper?
The online format of the JEE Main 2017 question paper is available for free on the Extramarks website. The solutions for the JEE Main 2017 question paper have been designed for easy understanding and quick review, enabling efficient revision. Students can refer to the answers and questions and better prepare for their final exams.
2. How can I access the JEE Main 2017 question paper?
Candidates can easily access the JEE Main 2017 question paper by browsing and searching on Extramarks website. Along with the question paper students will get access to solutions with step-by-step answers to all questions from this question paper.