JEE Main Maths Questions With Solutions
Introduction to the Exam:
The Joint Entrance Exam is an entrance assessment examination in India conducted by National Talent Academy (NTA). Clearing JEE Main is the first phase for students to seek admission to prestigious engineering and architectural colleges. The JEE Main entrance exam is considered one of the most challenging exams that require hard work and determination. Therefore, every year, students appear for this examination in large numbers.
JEE Main Maths Important Questions With Solutions
Mathematics needs conceptual understanding and a lot of practice. If you are preparing for the JEE Main examination, you ts need to know the significance of each subject. Practicing JEE Main Mathematicsquestions is vital and will help you score high ranks in the examination. The Mathematics examination also includes some shortcut questions that students can quickly solve using tricks. But for that, students must be aware of such tricks. Students are advised to solve JEE Main Mathematics questions to learn more shortcuts and tricks. Some formula-based questions will also be directly asked in the paper. Students can instantly get the answer by applying the formula correctly.
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus
The Maths JEE Mains questions are divided into five: Calculus, Coordinate geometry, 3D Geometry and Vectors, Algebra, and Trigonometry. The JEE Main Maths questions carry 25% of the total weightage. The JEE Main Maths questions are based on 19 topics from the standard syllabus from NCERT classes 11 and 12.
JEE Main Maths Exam Pattern & Important Questions
JEE Main has three papers:
- Paper 1- B.E./B.Tech
- Paper 2- B.Arch
- Paper 3- B.Plan
All three papers include mathematics as a subject. In JEE Main Paper 1, Mathematics is divided into two sections. The first section comprises Maths JEE Mains questions as MCQs where, out of 4 given options, one answer will be correct. The second includes numerical questions.
The table below gives the section-wise distribution of JEE Main Mathematics questions:
|No. of questions||No. of questions to be answered||Total Marks|
The JEE Main Mathematics questions are of 100 marks. The marking scheme for the mathematics paper includes the negative marking system. The student is awarded four marks for every correct answer, and for every incorrect answer, one mark is subtracted from the total score.
Benefits of Solving JEE Main Mathematics Questions
- The chapter-wise JEE Main Maths questions will help students understand each formula, sum, and overall mathematics concept.
- It will help them know the difficulty level of questions asked from each topic.
- Helps to plan a structure and schedule for JEE Main preparation
- It aids students to revise concepts, working on the weaker sections, and strengthening their basics.
- Students can also evaluate their progress and examine their preparation.
- Solving JEE Main Mathematics questions is one of the best resources that benefit students in scoring more marks.
Do’s and Dont’s for JEE Main Exam
- Be calm, focused, and thoroughly study the JEE Main syllabus.
- Start practicing more JEE Main Maths questions.
- Start your preparation early as it will help to plan your studies better.
- Do not depend on theory-based questions only. Solve JEE Advanced question papers for more practice.
- Do not ignore your doubts. This will lead to the wrong learning pattern and affect your conceptual understanding.
JEE Main Question Papers and Solutions
JEE Main aspirants should practice many JEE Main Sample papers and JEE Main question papers. To help aspiring students in their JEE Main preparation, Extramarks has provided many JEE Main Maths questions. The expert faculty prepares these chapter-wise questions to clarify their doubts and strengthen their concepts. Students can get access to these JEE Main Maths questions from Extramarks. Besides, we also provide JEE revision notes and JEE Mock tests for students. Moreover, students can read our articles about the JEE Main admit card, JEE Main results, JEE Main counselling, etc.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria?
Students must check all details regarding JEE Main application form, JEE Main exam pattern, and eligibility criteria before the JEE Main exam date. Any candidate who has completed 10+2 or its equivalent exam in the past three years can appear for the exam in the running year. For, e.g. if a student wants to appear for JEE Main 2022, they must clear their 12th boards in 2020, 2021, or in 2022 itself.
2. What was the JEE Main cut off in the year 2021?
The qualifying rank in JEE Main 2021 were as follows:
|Common rank list (CRL)
OBC-NCL rank list
GEN-EWS rank list
SC rank list
ST rank list
Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)
OBC-NCL-PwD rank list
GEN-EWS-PwD rank list
SC-PwD rank list
ST-PwD rank list
Preparatory course (PC) rank lists
3. What are some of the important chapters of Maths, from which questions come repeatedly
Please note that most chapters are significant for JEE Main. However, you can refer to this post to get an idea of the important chapters for JEE Main Maths. The list, however, is indicative, based on the questions of previous years. There can be changes, and students should be well prepared for that. In general, JEE asks for 40% syllabus from Class 11 and 60% from Class 12, but this is not constant and may vary year to year.