Joint Entrance Examination or JEE is a computer-based online test (CBT) conducted every year for admission to top engineering colleges in India. The exam is conducted in 2 phases, i.e. JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA. JEE Advanced is conducted by one of the 7 IITs in the country. Candidates need to adhere to the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria in order to appear for JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced Sample Question Papers
Owing to the exam’s difficulty level, students often get nervous while preparing for the JEE Advanced. Extramarks provides past JEE Advanced exam practice questions papers to help students prepare well for the exam and increase their confidence. The sample papers are available on Extramarks to help students understand the test structure, chapter-wise marking distribution, and weightage of each subject. Extramarks provides JEE Advanced Sample Papers on its website that students can easily access from their laptops or mobile phones.
JEE Advanced Sample Question Papers with Answer Keys
Solving past JEE Advanced Sample Papers will help students prepare well and score good marks in the exam. Solving the sample papers will give them an idea about the important questions asked, exam pattern, marking scheme, etc. Get the JEE Advanced Sample Question Papers with Solutions on Extramarks.
JEE Advanced Mock Test
Along with sample question papers, students should practice JEE Advanced mock test available on Extramarks. Practising mock tests will prepare them for the exam and increase their problem-solving speed. It will help them understand in which subject they are weak or strong and how to manage to finish the JEE Advanced Question Paper on time.
Things to know about JEE Advanced
There are some important details about JEE Advanced 2022 that candidates should know before appearing in the exam. It includes information about the examination schedule, examination pattern, marking scheme, and the examination procedure that candidates should be aware of in order to prepare effectively for JEE Advanced 2022.
The schedule of the JEE Advanced 2022 is as follows
|JEE (Advanced) 2022 Registration||June 08, 2022 (10:00 IST) to June 14, 2022 (17:00 IST)|
|Last date for fee payment||June 15, 2022 (17:00 IST)|
|Admit Card for downloading||June 27, 2022 (10:00 IST) to July 03, 2022 (14:30 IST)|
|Choosing of scribe for PwD candidates||July 02, 2022|
|JEE (Advanced) 2022 examination scheduled||July 03, 2022
Paper 1: 09:00-12:00 IST & Paper 2: 14:30-17:30 IST
|Copy of candidate responses
(Available on the JEE (Advanced) 2022 website)
|July 07, 2022 (10:00 IST)|
|Provisional answer keys online display||July 09, 2022 (10:00 IST)|
|Feedback and comments on provisional answer keys||July 09, 2022 (10:00 IST) to July 10, 2022 (17:00 IST)|
|Online declaration of final answer keys||July 18, 2022 (10:00 IST)|
|JEE Advanced Result 2022||July 18, 2022 (10:00 IST)|
|Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test 2022||July 18, 2022 (10:00 IST) to July 19, 2022 (17:00 IST)|
|Tentative Start of Joint Seat Allocation (JoSAA) 2022 Process||July 19, 2022|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2022||Thursday, July 21, 2022 (09:00-12:00 IST)|
|Declaration of results of AAT 2022||Sunday, July 24, 2022 (17:00 IST)|
Latest update on JEE Advanced 2022
As per IIT Bombay official website, the key updates about the JEE Advanced 2022 examination is as follows –
- IIT Bombay will conduct JEE Advanced 2022.
- The examination will be conducted online in a computer-based test (CBT) mode.
- Each question paper will consist of three separate sections – Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- The exam will consist of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hours duration each.
- Candidates should rank among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates in JEE Main 2022 to appear in JEE Advanced.
Advanced 2022: Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced paper pattern is usually the same as in the past years’ papers. It mainly comprises objective-type multiple-choice (MCQs) along with numerical answer type questions. The complete JEE Advanced paper pattern is as follows-
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- There will be a total of 90 questions and will carry 360 marks.
- The exam will be held in Hindi and English language.
- There will be three sections in the exam – Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- There will be two papers, Paper I and Paper II, and both are compulsory to attempt.
- There will be two types of questions – numerical answer type (NAT) and multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
JEE Advanced Sample Paper Marking Scheme
Candidates can gain a better understanding of the marking scheme by practising JEE Advanced Sample Papers 2022 on a regular basis. The JEE Advanced 2022 marking scheme is as follows:
|Paper I –
Subject wise Tips to Clear JEE Advanced
The subject-wise tips for candidates preparing for the JEE Advanced 2022 are as follows –
- Candidates should focus on conceptual clarity and application skills.
- Students should practise numerical problems daily to gain speed. They should focus more on topics such as Electrochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium and Mole Concept.
- They should give special attention to the topics of Organic Chemistry such as Functional Group Analysis, General Organic Chemistry (GOC) and Stereochemistry.
- The majority of questions in Inorganic Chemistry are conceptual in nature, involving structures, processes, and applications. Topics like Chemical Bonding and Coordination in Chemistry require special attention.
- It is advised to maintain a separate journal to prepare notes for all the essential laws, equations, formulae, etc.
- Approximately 65% of the questions are asked from Electromagnetism and Mechanics topics. Such questions are conceptual in nature and do not require any formulae to solve. Aspirants should thoroughly understand these topics.
- They should refer to the NCERT textbooks to gain a conceptual understanding of Physics concepts before studying from any other book.
- Candidates should practise and revise all the mathematical formulae and equations for solving problems.
- They should refer to JEE Main syllabus topics if their basic topics are not clear. They should ensure to practise the basic concepts in order to understand the JEE Advanced topics.
- They should practise past Mathematics section question papers as it will increase the chance of cracking this section.
Key Benefits of Solving JEE Advanced Sample Paper
Practising JEE Advanced sample papers will be beneficial for candidates, which will help them prepare for the exam. The key benefits of solving JEE Advanced sample paper are as follows –
- It allows applicants to assess their level of preparation and make the required changes.
- Candidates get a thorough understanding of the test format and are able to identify the difficulty level of the exam.
- It helps applicants in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the important chapters and subjects from the exam point of view.
- It helps candidates in improving their weak areas while also increasing their self-confidence.
- The JEE Advanced 2022 practice tests will give the applicant an idea about the real JEE Advanced test pattern.
Practising sample questions can assist candidates in understanding the marking scheme and examination pattern based on which they can allocate time to each chapter and subject. Candidates can access JEE Advanced 2022 Sample Papers on Extramarks.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, the examination pattern will be the same. Extramarks provides a series of sample papers that candidates can practise to get an idea about the exam pattern.
The sample paper will include both Numerical-answer-type (NAT) and Multiple choice questions (MCQ).
They are both equally effective in terms of preparation. Extramarks provides both sample and mock papers that candidates can access for preparation.
Candidates should practice JEE Advanced sample papers because of the following reasons –
- It can help them gain confidence and clear up any doubts they may have about the exam.
- It can help candidates in identifying and improving their weak points.
- It can help enhance their performance in order to achieve a good score in the exam.