NCERT Books Class 10
CBSE class 10 consists of five core subjects – Mathematics, Science, Social Science, English, and Hindi. In addition, there are some optional subjects too that a student can consider in extra curriculum. While NCERT books for Class 10 can help you cover the entire syllabus, it is always helpful to refer to some concise and easy to understand solutions to ace your examination. This is where NCERT solutions by experts from Extramarks come in handy.
NCERT Books for Class X
NCERT textbooks are considered to be the best for all CBSE affiliated schools. NCERT books for Class 10 contain the latest topics according to the syllabus. However, if you want to ace your preparation, just referring to NCERT books for Class 10 won’t be enough. The NCERT solutions provided by Extramarks can help you with your preparation. Extramarks provides concise and well-prepared study material for all the subjects in Class 10. The solutions have been prepared by subject matter experts who ensure that these are easy for the students to understand and encourage students to study with interest and enthusiasm. The best part is that students can access Extramarks Solutions for any subject and even for higher classes.
NCERT Books for Class 10
Students are required to refer to NCERT Class 10 books, in addition to the study material provided by Extramarks, to prepare for their new academic session. . The list of NCERT books for Class 10 have been mentioned below:
- NCERT Books for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Books Class 10 Science
- NCERT Books Class 10 English
- NCERT Books Class 10 English First Flight
- NCERT Books Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet (Supplementary Reader)
- NCERT Books Class 10 Hindi
- NCERT Books Class 10 Hindi Kritika
- NCERT Books Class 10 Hindi Kshitij
- NCERT Books Class 10 Hindi Sanchayan
- NCERT Books Class 10 Hindi Sparsh
- NCERT Books Class 10 Social Science
- Class 10 Books Class 10 Social Science Disaster Management
- NCERT Books Class 10 Social Science Understanding Economic Development
- NCERT Books Class 10 Social Science India and The Contemporary World II
- NCERT Books Class 10 Social Science Democratic Politics II
NCERT Solutions for Class 10
The NCERT textbook Class 10 includes detailed solutions for all the in text and end text exercises and questions given in the chapters. The solutions are easy to understand and help in preparing for Class 10 exams. The list of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 is given below:
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- Important Questions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Exemplar Class 10 Science Solutions
- Extra Questions for Class 10 Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science History: India and the Contemporary World-II
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Geography: Contemporary India-II
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Civics (Political Science): Democratic Politics-II
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Economics: Understanding Economic Development – II
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Disaster Management
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English Literature Reader
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English First Flight
NCERT Class 10 Mathematics Chapter-wise
The detailed list of chapters included in Class 10 Mathematics are available on Extramarks. Students can visit the links to get an idea about the key topics and start their preparation. The list of chapters have been mentioned below:
- Chapter 1 – Real Numbers
- Chapter 2 – Polynomials
- Chapter 3 – Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Chapter 4 – Quadratic Equations
- Chapter 5 – Arithmetic Progressions
- Chapter 6 – Triangles
- Chapter 7 – Coordinate Geometry
- Chapter 8 – Introduction to Trigonometry
- Chapter 9 – Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Chapter 10 – Circles
- Chapter 11 – Constructions
- Chapter 12 – Areas Related to Circles
- Chapter 13 – Surface Areas and Volumes
- Chapter 14 – Statistics
- Chapter 15 – Probability
NCERT Class 10 Science Chapter-wise
Experts at Extramarks pay attention to curating the most important questions in the examination and other key topics that students should not skip. The chapters included in Science are mentioned below-
- Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds
- Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 6 – Life Processes
- Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11 – Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 12 – Electricity
- Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15 – Our Environment
- Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources
Class 10 English NCERT Chapter-wise
NCERT Class 10 English books have fiction and poetry sections. CBSE class 10 has two English books – First Flight and Footprints Without Feet. A detailed list of the chapters included in both the books have been provided below:
- Chapter 1 – A Letter to God
- Chapter 2 – Nelson Mandela – Long Walk to Freedom
- Chapter 3 – Two Stories about Flying
- Chapter 4 – From the Diary of Anne Frank
- Chapter 5 – The Hundred Dresses – 1
- Chapter 6 – The Hundred Dresses – 2
- Chapter 7 – Glimpses of India
- Chapter 8 – Milbil the Otter
- Chapter 9 – Madam Rides the Bus
- Chapter 10 – The Sermon at Benares
- Chapter 11 – The Proposal
Footprints Without Feet: Supplementary Reader
- Chapter 1 – A Triumph of Surgery
- Chapter 2 – The Thief’s Story
- Chapter 3 – The Midnight Visitor
- Chapter 4 – A Question Of Trust
- Chapter 5 – Footprints Without Feet
- Chapter 6 – The Making of A Scientist
- Chapter 7 – The Necklace
- Chapter 8 – The Hack Driver
- Chapter 9 – Bholi
- Chapter 10 – The Book That Saved The Earth
Class 10 Hindi NCERT Chapter-wise
NCERT Hindi is an essential subject for Class 10. A better understanding of the subject is possible for scoring higher marks in their academics. While going through the given chapters and studying online, students can also consider CBSE revision notes to get better grades.
NCERT Class 10 Hindi Kritika
- पाठ 1 – माता का अँचल
- पाठ 2 – जॉर्ज पंचम की नाक
- पाठ 3 – साना – साना हाथ जोड़
- पाठ 4 – एही ठैयाँ झुलनी हेरानी हो रामा!
- पाठ 5 – मैं क्यों लिखता हूँ?
NCERT Kshitij Hindi Textbook and solutions
- पाठ 1 – सूरदास
- पाठ 2 – तुलसीदास
- पाठ 3 – देव
- पाठ 4 – जयशंकर प्रसाद
- पाठ 5 – सूर्यकांत त्रिपाठी ‘निराला’
- पाठ 6 – नागार्जुन
- पाठ 7 – गिरिजा कुमार माथुर
- पाठ 8 – ऋतुराज
- पाठ 9 – मंगलेश डबराल
- पाठ 10 – स्वयं प्रकाश
- पाठ 11 – रामवृक्ष बेनीपुरी
- पाठ 12 – यशपाल
- पाठ 13 – सर्वेश्वर दयाल सक्सेना
- पाठ 14 – मन्नू भंडारी
- पाठ 15 – महावीर प्रसाद द्विवेदी
- पाठ 16 – यतीन्द्र मिश्रा
- पाठ 17 – भदंत आनंद कौसल्यायन
Students can visit the Extramarks website to review the whole syllabus with the help of summary videos. They can also go through the important topics to make things easier in the long run.
Class 10 Social Science NCERT Chapter-wise
Social Science is divided into four different branches
– History, Political Science, Economics and Geography
Geography: Contemporary India Chapter 1: Resources And Development
- Chapter 2: Forest And Wildlife Resources
- Chapter 3: Water Resources
- Chapter 4: Agriculture
- Chapter 5: Minerals And Energy Resources
- Chapter 6: Manufacturing Industries
- Chapter 7: Lifelines Of National Economy
Economics: Understanding Economic Development
- Chapter 1: Development
- Chapter 2: Sectors Of The Indian Economy
- Chapter 3: Money And Credit
- Chapter 4: Globalisation And The Indian Economy
- Chapter 5: Consumer Rights
History: India and the Contemporary World-II
- Chapter 1: The Rise Of Nationalism In Europe
- Chapter 2: Nationalism In India
- Chapter 3: The Making Of A Global World
- Chapter 4: The Age Of Industrialisation
- Chapter 5: Print Culture And The Modern World
Political Science: Democratic politics
- Chapter 1 – Power Sharing
- Chapter 2 – Federalism
- Chapter 3 – Democracy and Diversity
- Chapter 4 – Gender, Religion, and Caste
- Chapter 5 – Popular Struggles and Movements
- Chapter 6 – Political Parties
- Chapter 7 – Outcomes Of Democracy
- Chapter 8 – Challenges To Democracy
Social Science is a vast subject for which students will need concise and easy to understand study materials to memorize the important facts and information. Students can take the help of the Social Science solutions on Extramarks to prepare for the examination.
Extramarks Gives You The Competitive Edge
Experts at Extramarks focus on choosing different teaching methods like graphs, videos, animation and real-life examples to help students understand the subjects to the core. Extramarks that gives its students a competitive edge because of the following key features:
- Online monitoring of the studies
One of the main reasons for choosing Extramarks is the online monitoring of the studies. In addition, Class 10 students can get access to solutions for all subjects that have been prepared by subject matter experts which can be highly beneficial for students to get the highest score without much extra effort.
- Study Schedule
Extramarks give students the flexibility to study at your own convenience. As a result, you don’t need to worry about missing classes. Students can enroll for online classes and gain a competitive advantage over other students. Extramarks ensure that the students must enjoy the process of learning while taking these online classes within the comforts of their home and make the most of it.
- 360-degree approach with online Extramarks material
The next main benefit of learning with Extramarks is their 360-degree approach. Extramarks provides you with the topic-wise notes, books, and sample question papers to thoroughly prepare for the exam. In addition, students can also consult the subject matter experts on Extramarks’ portal for any doubts or specific questions.
- Best e-learning platform
The best part about choosing an e-education portal is the convenience and availability of a dense digital library. The expertise of faculty at Extramarks can ensure that the students enjoy the upper hand while studying online. Extramarks provide a competitive edge to the students through their platform by preparing them for competitive exams like NEET, JEE and so on even after high school.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How can you read NCERT books effectively?
Studying NCERT books is the first step towards preparing for your exams. A better understanding of concepts with NCERT solutions is needed to score well in your exams. That is why it is important to go through the NCERT books and then solve the sample question papers or refer to any other guide.
2. Are handmade notes from NCERT books helpful in revising key topics?
Making notes of important topics is helpful during revision time. However, you can consider Extramarks’ smart study tools that include important question papers and smart notes to step up your preparation.
3. Where can I get NCERT Books Class 10?
To get NCERT books online, students can visit the Extramarks official website and check out the curriculum and books for free. Students can sign up for free and access all the sample papers and NCERT book class 10 and so on.
4. Are NCERT Books enough to prepare for class 10 board exams?
NCERT books cover a broad spectrum of topics to help students to prepare effectively, unfortunately, that’s not enough! That’s the reason NCERT itself has brought additional books consisting of numerical problems called NCERT exemplar books. Besides this, students need extra practice to ace the test, and Extramarks students can tremendously benefit from the guidance and systemic approach to excel in any exam.
Although, NCERT books cover a broad spectrum of topics to help students to prepare effectively, unfortunately, that’s not enough! That’s the reason why NCERT itself has brought additional books consisting of numerical problems called NCERT exemplar books. Besides this, students need extra practice to ace the test, and Extramarks students can tremendously benefit from the guidance and systemic approach to excel in any of the exams.