ICSE Important Questions
ICSE Important Questions
The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) is an examination administered by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. It is a private board established to provide an examination in a general education course through the medium of English, in accordance with the recommendations of India’s New Education Policy 1986. The CISCE is usually in charge of administering the Class 10 and 12 exams. The Indian Certificate for Secondary Education (ICSE) refers to the CISCE’s class 10 test, whilst the Indian School Certificate (ISC) refers to the CISCE’s class 12 examination. The council’s main goal is to assist Indian children by providing them with a high-quality education.
Preparation tips to follow before solving the ICSE Important Questions
The following are some of the tips that students can follow to solve ICSE Important Questions:
- Make sure to solve previous years papers
- Start your preparations early
- Make a schedule and stick to it
- Know the syllabus and plan your tasks
- Using your textbooks, class notes, and good reference materials, study your topics thoroughly before appearing for the exam
- Combined or group study is one of the most effective ways to learn efficiently
- Before tackling the ICSE key questions, least review the entire topic once
- Find out where you falter and make a point of devoting extra time to that issue in order to be comprehensive with it
- Don’t panic or take too much stress
ICSE Class Wise Important Questions
Important questions Class 6
- Find the sum of the following: -146, -78, 124, 69
- Neha and 5 of her friends ordered one sandwich each at their favorite restaurant. They left a tip of 50 rupees for the waiter. If they spent a total of a hundred rupees, find the cost of each sandwich. Frame an equation for the given situation and then solve the same.
- If the area of a rectangular plot is 144 sq. m. and its length is 16 m, find the breadth of the plot. Also, find the cost of painting a blue border around the plot if the cost is Rs. 3 per meter.
- In ten hours, a painter can paint a 20-square-foot wall. How long will it take him to paint a 30 square foot wall if he works at a steady speed?
- How is cactus adapted to survive in a desert?
- What is the significance of seed dispersal? Explain the various seed dispersal processes.
- Define the following terms.
- Bisexual flower
- Snow leopards show the presence of a rounded body, small ears and big feet. How do these adaptive features help the animal to survive in mountain regions?
- Public hygiene is equally important as personal hygiene. Give a brief account on public hygiene.
- Define Valency, atomic number, valence shell and electron.
- Define diatomic molecule
- Give a method for separating the following mixtures:
- Separating stone particles from wheat grains.
- Separating heterogeneous solid-liquid mixtures.
- Separating sawdust from water.
- Separating a mixture of oil and water.
- Separating cream from milk
- Define Weathering.
- Define Condensation.
- Differentiate between mass and weight.
- Explain force. Give some examples.
- What are the uses of an electromagnet?
- What is an electromagnet? Give two advantages of an electromagnet.
Important questions Class 7
- A town’s population grows at a rate of 6% every year. What was the population a year ago if it was 17490 now?
- Neha spends Rs. 15000 each month on her expenses. She spends 25% of her income on housing, 40% on food and groceries, 5% on travel and leisure, and the remainder on education. Determine how much she spends on each.
- What is the square root of
- Convert as instructed:
- 36 km/hr to m/sec
- 75 cm/sec to m/ sec
- Answer the following questions in one word or one sentence.
- Name the unit used to measure the loudness of sound.
- What is the law of length?
- Which lens would you prefer to use while reading small letters found in a dictionary?
- Name the temperature scale which does not have negative temperature readings.
- What happens when two bodies are rubbed together?
- Define Rotational motion.
- Explain Angle of incidence.
- What are infrasonic vibrations?
- Give the chemical formula for the following:
- Lead nitrate
- Nitric acid
- Blue vitriol
- Caustic soda
- What exactly does the term “products” imply?
- Explain the word “catalyst” and types of catalysts.
- Define the term “chemical equation.”
- Explain why sulphur powder burning is a chemical change.
- What are reactants and How Do They Work?
- Write a note on Electroplating.
- What are the cerebellum’s primary functions?
- What are the signs and symptoms of food sensitivity?
- From which category of Phylum does liver fluke come? Why?
- Define the following.
- Sensory nerve
- Binary fission
Important questions of class 8
- The simple interest on a given quantity of money is calculated over a period of 10 years. Calculate the percentage rate charged.
- Calculate the difference between compound and simple interest on Rs 9000 over three years at an annual rate of 18%
- A parallelogram proves that the opposite sides are equal and opposite angles are equal diagonals bisect each other.
- If the filament resistance of an electric bulb is 1200 W, how much current will it consume from a 220 V source?
- What is Pascal’s law, and how does it work? With the assistance of an experiment, demonstrate it.
- During the night, the land breeze is put up. Why?
- Describe the benefits of using water as a coolant because of its high specific heat capacity.
- Name the following:
- Conversion of a solid to a liquid on heating
- Conversion of a liquid to a vapor (or gas)
- Conversion of vapor (or gas) to a liquid
- Conversion of a liquid to a solid
- The outermost shell or orbit of an atom.
- Define the following:
- Lamp black
- Sugar charcoal
- Chemical equation
- Bone charcoal
- A man was suffering from diabetes. He was urinating regularly and in large volumes, which was causing him to lose water. What sort of diabetes is this, and what hormone is the cause?
- What is the definition of the food pyramid? What role does the food pyramid have in ecosystem functioning?
Important questions class 9
- Two circles touch externally. The sum of their areas is 130πsq cm and the distance between their centres is 14 cm. Find the radii of the circles.
- Find the point on the x-axis which is equidistant from the points A(−2, 5) and B(2,−3)
- Construct a regular hexagon of side 2.5 cm.
- The line segments joining the mid-points M and N of parallel sides AB and DC, respectively, of a trapezium ABCD is perpendicular to both sides AB and DC. Prove that AD = BC.
- Write down any two uses for convex mirrors you can think of.
- Define the motion of waves. Give its characteristics
- What exactly is a freezing mixture? Explain.
- Make two distinctions between renewable and non-renewable resources with examples.
- What is the definition of decomposition? Give an example.
- tate and explain Boyle’s law with the help of graphical representation
- Draw the orbit structure of NaCl and MgCl2 as well as electron dot diagrams.
- Explain the electron dispersion in Bohr’s atomic model.
- Which substances are responsible for the ozone layer’s depletion? Give a detailed explanation.
- Syncarpous gynoecium
- Active absorption
- Mention any two factors for India’s high population growth.
- Describe cortical hormone hypersecretion.
- Create an experiment to demonstrate that seeds require air, water, and temperature to germinate.
- Describe the scrubber’s mechanism.
- Give three reasons why minerals are important.
Important questions class 10
- Prove by factor theorem that
- (x – 2) is a factor of 2×3 – x2 – 7x + 2
- (2x + 1) is a factor of 4×3 + 12×2 + 7x +1
- (3x – 2) is a factor of 18×3 – 3×2 + 6x – 8
- Solve the following inequation.
-2 2/3 ≤ x + (1/3) < 3 + (1/3), x ∈ R
Represent the solution set on the number line.
- Find a GP for which the sum of the first two terms is -4 and the fifth term is 4 times the third term.
- State Snell’s law of light refraction.
- Explain the distinction between music and noise.
- Make a list of five distinct types of energy.
- The resistance of a resistor is 176 ohm. How many of these resistors should be connected in parallel so that a current of 5 amps is drawn from a 220-volt supply line?
- Anhydrous HCl has a low conductivity, but aqueous HCl has a high conductivity. Why?
- Write a brief explanation of why hydrogen chloride gas does not accumulate over water.
- Write the location and function of the following:
- What is photosynthesis and how does it work? Please identify the two stages of photosynthesis. Create a balanced chemical equation of photosynthesis. What is the form in which glucose is kept in plants? In a leaf, what is the role of the palisade parenchyma?
- List four Homo sapiens sapiens’ most distinguishing features.
ISC Class Wise Important Questions
Class 11 important question
- Write the inverse and converse conditional statement of the following conditional statement: If n is an even number, then ?2 is also an even number.
- Find the hyperbola’s centre, focus, eccentricity, and latus rectum (16 – 9 = 144).
- What ratio divides the line connecting the points A(2, 4, 3) and B(–4, 5, –6) by the point P(–2, y, z)? Find the coordinates of point P as well.
- Find the values of a, b, and c, if the origin is the centroid of the triangle with vertices (–4, 2, 6) (2a, 3b, 2c) and (8, 14, –10).
- Define the term “orbital velocity.” Calculate the relationship between orbital velocity and acceleration due to gravity “g” for a satellite orbiting very near to the earth’s surface.
- What is the Magnus effect, and how does it work? Write any one of the effect’s applications.
- Give an example of the First Law of Thermodynamics. What is the physical amount that this law conserves?
- Define the following words in relation to Elasticity:
- Calculate the molecular orbital configuration of the molecule. Calculate the bond order and estimate how it will behave magnetically.
- In terms of free energy change, what are the prerequisites for spontaneity?
- Define heat of neutralization.
- Give four distinct characteristics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
- Make a distinction between monocots and dicots based on their root systems and leaf venation.
- List the four physiological functions of Auxins.
- Make a note on double circulation.
- List four differentiating features of mitosis and meiosis.
Class 12 important questions
- Prove that the function f(x) =|x-1|, xR is continuous at x = 1 but not differentiable.
- A car company manufactures two types of models A and B. Market tests and available resources have indicated that the combined production level should not exceed 1200 models per week and the demand for the models of type B is almost half of that for models of type A. Further, the production level of type A can exceed three times the production of cars of other types by at most 600 units. If the company makes a profit of Rs 12 and Rs1 6 per car respectively on model A and B, how many of each type of cars should be produced weekly, in order to maximise the profit?
- A circular disc of a radius of 3 cm is heated. Due to expansion, its radius increases at the rate of 0•05 cm/s. Find the rate at which its area increases when the radius is 3.2 cm.
- Demonstrate how you can make an AND gate using just NOR gate. Create a truth table for this gate configuration.
- Define the words ‘depletion area’ and ‘potential barrier’ in the context of a semiconductor diode. During reverse biassing, how will the breadth of the depletion region change?
- What is the main product when 2-bromobutane interacts with alcoholic potassium hydroxide? Describe the sort of reaction that took place.
- Distinguish between antiseptics and disinfectants.
- Give an example of a biodegradable detergent.
- Make two distinctions between the terms “order of reaction” and “molecularity of a reaction.”
- Distinguish between infectious and non-infectious illnesses. Give two instances for each category.
- Describe the stages of artificial hybridization.
- What are the major goals of breeding programs for plants?
- Enlist any two features of DNA that make it a good genetic material.
- Give two points where Darwinism and the theory of mutation diverge.
- Mention any one of the elephantiasis symptoms. Identify the causal agent.