The sickle would have been an important tool for agriculture. The axe would have been used to chop wood and to clear forests to expand cultivable lands. The tongs would have been used to hold objects by the ironsmiths while making tools.
The crafts persons who would have been present in both villages and cities were carpenters, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, weavers, basket makers, and garland makers.
1. The drainage system in present-day cities is underground. They are made up of concrete. It is connected to a drainage system.
2. In ancient cities, the drainage had a ring well system. The rows of pots or ceramic rings were arranged one on top of the other and had been used as toilets, drains, and garbage dumps.
• Drainage system was/is found in each house.
• Drainage system is a pipe-line like a structure, connecting drains from many individual houses
• Use of rings and pots, and vertical structure in ancient drainage system
a) 4. Drainage
b) 1. silver
c) 3. religious centre
d) 2. crafts persons
(a) Vellalar was a word used for large landowners in Tamil.
(b) The gramabhojaka often got his land cultivated by the slaves and hired-workers.
(c) Ploughmen were known as uzhavar in Tamil.
(d) Most grihapatis were smaller landowners.
Whenever you are stuck solving a question, have doubts or maybe want a step-by-step solution to any question from the textbook- refer to NCERT Solutions class 6 all subjects by Extramarks. It is proven for helping students learn better and improve their exams in class 6.
NCERT Solutions for class 6 allow students to understand concepts in a simplified manner, and are an irreplaceable support to them. They not only explain every step but also prepare students for further exams. Maths of class 6 is important as a student must understand every concept if he/ she wants to learn maths in senior classes. Hence, NCERT Solutions for class 6 Mathematics is a complete study material and a must-have for every student.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science, Mathematics and other subjects are important as it is the foundation of concepts and formulas. Once you will understand the basic, you will be able to solve complex problems much easily. It also helps to solve your doubts systematically as they are self-explanatory and provide comprehensive solutions to all students.
Yes, the Extramarks website is your one-stop solution for everything you need while studying. Not just class 6 NCERT Solutions, but we also provide solutions for all other classes.