NEET 2023 Biology Important Questions
Introduction to the Exam:
The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is the only medical entrance exam conducted all over India. It determines the student’s eligibility to get admission for undergraduate medical courses in recognized medical colleges. It is conducted in pen and paper mode in more than ten different languages.
NEET Biology Questions 2023
In NEET 2023, Biology carries 50% of the total marks. Out of 180 NEET Questions on Biology, 90 questions belong to Biology, 45 each to Botany and Zoology. Biology requires aspirants to have a crystal clear understanding of all concepts. Students should be well acquainted with the entire NCERT syllabus of standards eleventh and twelfth.
Before starting the NEET preparation, students must know about the NEET syllabus, NEET Exam Pattern, NEET important questions in biology, etc. Candidates seeking more details about biology questions for NEET can go through this article or check the official NTA website.
NEET Biology Syllabus
NEET Bio Questions are based on the following chapters:
NEET Biology Exam Pattern & Important Questions
- Total Time Duration: 3 hours (180 mins)
- Total Marks: 180 marks (90 marks for Botany and the remaining for Zoology)
- Maximum number of questions: 90
- Type of Questions: Objective type/Multiple-Choice Questions. Four choices with one correct answer.
- Marking Scheme: One correct answer fetches four marks
- Negative marking: Every incorrect answer reduces one mark from the total.
|SUBJECTS||SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
NEET Biology Important questions with Chapter-wise Solutions
The NEET Biology syllabus is based on the NCERT books of standards eleventh and twelfth. Therefore, the NEET question papers will include NEET Biology questions based on this syllabus. To score well in the exam, students must be thorough with biology concepts and practice NEET Biology questions regularly.
The NEET Important Questions Biology covers the entire syllabus of the NCERT textbook. Aspirants are advised to be updated about the weightage system for all chapters to focus on the weak areas accordingly. To practice NEET Biology Questions, students must solve NEET Sample Papers, NEET mock tests and refer to the best NEET Books for in-depth understanding.
Distribution of Chapters:
The below table arranges chapters of Biology according to the weightage. In the exam, NEET Biology questions are asked based on the given weightage.
|High Weightage Chapters||Medium Weightage Chapters||Low Weightage Chapters|
Benefits of Solving NEET Biology questions
- Regular practice helps students to analyze and evaluate their performance.
- Helps to recognize important topics and prepares to answer questions of all difficulty levels.
- Builds confidence, and develops time management and accuracy.
- Makes the student exam-ready and decreases pressure and anxiety
Do’s and Don’ts for NEET Biology Exam
- Plan your studies and prepare a timetable/ schedule according to the time availability.
- Break down the syllabus into important topics and subtopics. Then, study them into smaller units to lessen the burden.
- Practise NEET Biology Questions regularly. Practise is the key to cracking the NEET exam.
- Do not answer NEET biology questions in a hurry.
- Avoid last-minute study.
NEET Biology Question Paper and Solution
Solving NEET Biology questions regularly leads to effective NEET Preparation. To access NEET Biology Important questions and solutions, visit Extramarks and boost your performance.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How to prepare for the NEET Exam?
Students should solve as many NEET Biology questions as possible. At Extramarks, they get access to different study materials without any problem. Students should prioritise and spend more time on high-weightage chapters, followed by the low-weighted ones.
2. Which reference books should be used to solve NEET Biology Questions?
To solve NEET Biology Questions, students can use the following reference books:
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII by NCERT
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II by Trueman Publication
- MTG Objective NCERT at your Fingertips by MTG Editorial Board