Transport and Communication
• Means of transport is broadly divided into land transport, water transport, and air transport. Land transport is further sub-divided into roads, railways and pipelines. Vehicles running on the roads are one of the most important means of transport among all. Transportatio.... Read More
• India is a vast country stretching from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south, and Kandla in the west to Kohima in the east. India also has a great diversity in economic, social, cultural, and ethnic structure. A well-knit transport system is required to bring.... Read More
• Air transport is one of the fastest and costliest modes of transport. It is very essential for a vast country, like India, with diverse physical features and climate.
• Air transport was launched in India between Allahabad and Naini in 1911.
• A waterway is any navigable body of water. Waterways are an important mode of transport for both passenger and cargo traffic in India.
• Water transport includes:
a. Inland Waterways, and
• Communication is different from transport. Transport involves physical movement of people and goods. Communication involves only transmission of word messages and ideas. It is of great help in case of calamity, accident or emergency. Communication contributes to the devel.... Read More