CBSE Class 10 Maths Revision Notes
Introduction to CBSE Exam
The Central Board of Secondary Education conducts the board examination for students of class 10th through regular or private courses. Students in Class 10th in a school affiliated with the CBSE board are eligible to appear for the board exam. Being one of the most reputable boards of education, CBSE has more than 20,000 schools affiliated with it.
CBSE Class 10 mathematics Notes
Mathematics is a crucial subject for Class 10. If a student wishes to pursue engineering, architecture, technical, or any mathematical field as their career, they need to understand all Mathematics concepts thoroughly.
For 2022, CBSE has announced a revised syllabus and exam pattern for classes 9 to 12. There will be two exams conducted, Term 1 and Term 2. The CBSE syllabus will be divided into two halves. These board examinations grant qualifying certificates to students for further admissions.
Most concepts in CBSE Class 10 Mathematics are derived from higher-level concepts that will be introduced in future classes. Students need to prepare well for their exams using CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes. It is a compulsory subject. To secure good marks in the exam, students should practice all topics and concepts covered in the NCERT books based on the CBSE curriculum. Using the Class 10th Mathematics notes, students can complete their daily assignments and homework. The CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes help students get a complete revision of the subject effectively by focusing on important topics. Students who find Mathematics difficult should make sure to refer to these notes. They are personalized for a better revision process with a well-designed approach.
Chapter Wise Revision Notes for Class 10 mathematics
The Mathematics exams of Class 10 have sixteen chapters. Chapters are divided into different sections such as Number System, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics and Mensuration. The CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes contain all these chapters. The table below gives a detailed list that includes all main points covered in each chapter in CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes. Students must make sure they study and learn these concepts well.
|Chapter 1: Real Numbers includes irrational and rational numbers. It also discusses all natural numbers, whole numbers, integers and their characteristics.||
|Chapter 2 – Polynomials includes operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and also positive integer exponents for polynomial expressions.||
|Chapter 3: Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables||
|Chapter 4: Quadratic Equations includes sums on is ax^2 + bx + c where a, b, c, ∈ R and a ≠ 0, where ‘a’ is called the leading coefficient and ‘c’ is called the absolute term||
|Chapter 5 – Arithmetic Progression||
|Chapter 6 – Triangles includes study of Angle sum property||
|Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry geometric aspects in Algebra and includes sums on geometric problems.||
|Chapter 8: Introduction to Trigonometry includes study of its lengths, heights and angles||
|Chapter 9: Some Applications of Trigonometry includes topics like line of sight, angle of deviation, angle of elevation, and angle of depression||
|Chapter 10: Circles includes study of various important concepts related to Circle||
|Chapter 11: Constructions helps to construct different triangles by using a ruler and compass of required measurements||
|Chapter 12: Areas Related to Circles includes concepts like areas of arc, Area of the sector, area of the segment, area of the triangle or parallelogram||
|Chapter 13: Surface Areas and Volumes includes cube, cuboid and sphere||
|Chapter 14: Statistics helps students to learn about the three main measures in Statistics. They will understand about different statistical calculations.||
|Chapter 15: Probability||
Download CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Notes With Solutions
Students consider Mathematics as a difficult subject. But with early preparation and regular practice, it is possible even to score full marks in this subject. Class 10 is the foundation of higher-level mathematics. With a shaky foundation, it won’t be easy to understand the complex concepts of classes 11 and 12.
To help students, Extramarks provides CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes for free. Students can refer these Mathematics notes for free. The expert faculty at Extramarks have curated these CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes with solutions for all recurring board exam problems, CBSE extra questions, etc., which are based on the NCERT syllabus. To prepare for the exams, Extramarks also provides CBSE revision notes, solved CBSE sample papers and many other study materials. Students can print these CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes and practice numerical in a hardcopy format.
<< CBSE Class 10 – Mathematics Notes: PDF Format >>
- Mathematics Chapter No. 1 – Real Numbers
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 2 – Polynomials
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 3 – Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 4 – Quadratic Equations
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 5 – Arithmetic Progressions
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 6 – Triangles
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 7 – Coordinate Geometry
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 8 – Introduction to Trigonometry
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 9 – Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 10 – Circles
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 11 – Constructions
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 12 – Areas Related to Circles
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 13 – Surface Areas and Volumes
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 14 – Statistics
- Mathematics Chapter No. Chapter 15 – Probability
Students should start their preparation by checking and going through the CBSE syllabus for class 10 Mathematics. Secondly, reading the chapter thoroughly should be every student’s priority. Study and learn all answers using the chapter-wises CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes given above.
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Notes – Distribution of Marks
The Class 10 Mathematics paper is of 100 marks. The question paper is divided into two sections. The first section is based on theory. Candidates can score a maximum of 80 marks, whereas the second section is based on practical knowledge of 20 marks. Students have to answer a total of 40 questions in the theory part. This includes both objective and subjective questions. Using the CBSE class 10, Mathematics notes prepared by Extramarks in their daily schedule will help students prepare better for the test and understand the exam temperament.
Benefits of CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Notes
- The notes’ structure and content are to the point according to the CBSE syllabus for quick revision of all chapters.
- In Mathematics, the most important part is the formula. All important formulas and many numericals based on them are included in the CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes.
- Mathematics is considered to be a tricky subject. But the CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes are extensively prepared and curated by the expert Mathematics faculty at Extramarks. Our notes are in easy language to help each child crack their Mathematics 10th board exam.
- Using the CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes, students can set a timetable and schedule their studies accordingly. Students can also use these notes before exams to quickly memorise the important aspects.
How Extramarks Can Help Students for Class 10 Mathematics?
Mathematics of CBSE Class 10 is considered to be a challenging subject. Students feel exam pressure during the last weeks of the 10th board exams as they have to study and revise all subjects. That’s where Extramarks’ study materials become handy for them. Extramarks has prepared a comprehensive CBSE class 10 Mathematics notes pdf booklet. These notes cover important concepts, formulas, unique questions from all 16 chapters.
The CBSE class 11 Physics notes are available in PDF form to easily download for free and access even without an internet connection. Students can also print these CBSE class 11 Physics notes and study in a hardcopy format.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the need for having separate revision notes apart from the main textbook?
Revision notes are essential in exam preparation. The following points will explain why
- They increase attention span and helpstudents to be focused. Students will pay attention to every minute detail and thus increase their scores in examinations.
- They are a helping guide to students. The CBSE Class 10 Mathematics notes will help students to get an in-depth understanding of the logical steps they need to use to solve the problem correctly.
- It helps you to be organised. Referring to notes will help students know how prepared they are for the exam and thus make a timetable or schedule to cover the remaining portion.
2. Which chapter in Class 10 Mathematics is difficult and requires time to prepare for the examination?
Students consider chapters like Trigonometry and chapters based on Mensuration quite tricky. Both chapters are very confusing and need a lot of time for complete preparation. However, both these chapters are very important and have high weightage. Questions of approximately 12 and 10 marks are asked from Trigonometry and Mensuration, respectively. The marking system of the other chapters is as follows:
Statistics And Probability
3. Which book should I prefer for Class 10th Mathematics?
Reference books play an important role in Class 10th board exam preparation. Here is a list of the top three books that students can practise and solve many more Mathematics questions. Include 10th Mathematics notes in the list as well.
|Mathematics notes for Class 10
Secondary School Mathematics notes for Class 10
All in one Mathematics
|R. D. Sharma
R. S. Aggarwal