Class 7 Maths Revision Notes
Introduction to CBSE Exam:
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) follows the guidelines of the NCERT textbook for all subjects. It was first set up with 300 schools only. However, there are more than 25,000 schools affiliated with CBSE across India at present . It also allows children to prepare for many entrance examinations simultaneously as the syllabus for NEET and JEE exams is based on CBSE boards.
CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes
Mathematics is regarded as one of the most important subjects in education. To create a strong foundation and increase the chances of scoring high grades, students should practise the chapters thoroughly. Students must revise all the formulae and theorems on a regular basis and should practise sufficient number of problems to have a strong command over the subject.
Students who aspire to become future engineers or want to pursue any field with a mathematics background must have an in-depth understanding of all concepts included in the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics notes. Solving sums daily will also enhance speed, problem-solving, and exam stress management skills.
CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes – Quick Revision
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes help students to revise any concept quickly. They are personalised with a good summary that captures all information for a better revision process. The 7th standard Mathematics Notes are curated with a well-designed approach for students to excel in their exams. The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes also prepares students for various regional-level, state-level, national and international level mathematics olympiad examinations, and other entrance examinations. Studying with the help of the notes will strengthen their basics to understand the high-level and complex concepts introduced in the secondary and higher secondary classes.
These notes also cover a few CBSE extra questions for students to practise. After studying from the NCERT textbook, students should use the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes to get a clear understanding and develop problem-solving skills. With the help of the notes, students will know the important chapters and concepts they need to practise more. The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes also includes solved answers to all questions of the NCERT books to help the students nurture the right study environment. Students are also advised to print out the 7th standard Mathematics notes and study using hard copies to eliminate distraction and excel at examinations.
Chapter-wise Revision Notes for Class 7 Mathematics
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes includes all key concepts included in the chapters for thorough preparation. It allows students to cover a plethora of complex topics in an enjoyable, engaging, and fun format. With access to the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes, students can assess themselves based on the understood concepts. Below are the chapter-wise links for all the chapters topics available in the Class 7th Mathematics.
Chapter 1 – Integers – Important Notes
It builds the fundamental concepts formed by whole numbers and their negatives that will be used in the higher classes.
- Properties of Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division of Integers
Chapter 2 -Fractions And Decimals – Important Notes
This chapter develops students’ understanding of multiplication and division of fractional and decimal numbers.
- Multiplication of Fractions and Decimals
- Division of Fractions and Decimals
Chapter 3 – Data Handling- Important Notes
This chapter includes fundamental topics like Arithmetic mean, Range, Mean, and Mode. Students also learn to collect, organise and group data to get the final results.
- Collection and Organisation of Data
- Representative Values
- Arithmetic Mean, Median, and Mode
- Bar Graphs
- Chance and Probability
Chapter 4 – Simple Equations – Important Notes
Students will learn to write simple linear algebraic expressions and construct them from a word problem.
- What Equation is?
- Application of Simple Equations
Chapter 5 – Lines and Angles- Important Notes
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes gives brief information about various types of angles and pairs of lines.
- Related Angles
- Pairs of Lines
- Checking for Parallel Lines
Chapter 6 – The Triangle and Its Properties- Important Notes=
In the chapters, concepts related to different types of triangles based on sides and angles are mentioned. Students can refer to the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes to find the chapter’s solutions.
- Medians and Altitudes of a Triangle
- Angle Sum Property of a Triangle
- Exterior Angle of a Triangle and its Property
- Equilateral and Isosceles triangle
- Right-angled triangles and Pythagoras Property
Chapter 7 – Congruence of Triangles- Important Notes=
In this chapter, students will learn about the congruence of different triangles. Read through the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes to thoroughly revise the concepts of those chapters.
- Congruence of Plane Figures
- Congruence among Line Segments
- Congruence of Angles and Triangles
Chapter 8- Comparing Quantities- Important Notes
This chapter includes questions based on comparing two quantities such as height, weight, and marks. This chapter includes topics like ratio, percentage, and Interest.
- Percentage and Use of Percentage
- Equivalent Ratios
- Prices Related to an Item. Buying and Selling
- Simple Interest
Chapter 9 – Rational Numbers- Important Notes
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes will help you revise and memorise how to add, subtract, multiply and divide rational numbers.
- What are Rational Numbers?
- Positive and Negative Rational Numbers
- Rational Numbers on a Number Line
- Rational Numbers in Standard Form
- Comparison of Rational Numbers
- Operations on Rational Numbers
Chapter 10 – Practical Geometry- Important Notes
This chapter includes practical geometry applications. The construction of parallel lines and triangles is this chapter’s fundamental concept.
- Construction of a Parallel Line to a given line, through a point, not on the same line.
- Construction of Triangles
- SSS Criterion, SAS Criterion, ASA Criterion, RHS Criterion
Chapter 11 – Perimeter and Area- Important Notes
Students will learn the formula and how to apply it to find out the area and perimeter of different geometrical shapes. The problems solved in the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes are well- explained through step-by-step instructions.
- Squares and Rectangles
- Area of a Parallelogram and Triangle
- Conversion of Units
Chapter 12 – Algebraic Expressions- Important Notes
In this chapter, students will be introduced to algebraic expressions. They will learn to write rules and concepts about variables, constants, coefficients, polynomials, etc.
- Terms of an Expression
- Like and Unlike Terms
- Monomials, Binomials, Trinomials and Polynomials
- Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions
- Finding the Value of an Expression
- Using Algebraic Expressions
Chapter 13 – Exponents and Powers- Important Notes
The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes helps to recall the basic knowledge regarding standard laws followed by numbers in exponential form.
- Laws of Exponents
- Decimal Number System
- Expressing Large Numbers in the Standard Form
Chapter 14 – Symmetry- Important Notes
After reading this chapter, students will learn about symmetry and how to use it in daily life. Refer to the Class 7th Mathematics notes to understand this chapter in-depth.
- Lines of Symmetry for Regular polygons
- Rotational Symmetry
- Line Symmetry and Rotational Symmetry
Chapter 15 – Visualising Solid Shapes- Important Notes
In this chapter, students will understand crucial points about solid shapes. A complete understanding of this chapter is essential for further studies.
- Faces, Edges, and Vertices
- Nets for Building 3-D Shapes
- Drawing Solids on a Flat Surface
- Viewing Different Sections of a Solid
Benefits of CBSE class 7 Mathematics Notes
- The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes include all important concepts, formulae, theorems, and solve examples in one place.
- Students can get an in-depth understanding of all important details in one place, so they won’t have to waste time searching for the notes for Class 7 Mathematics.
- Students can quickly revise the entire chapter with the help of the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes.
- Students will know which topic they should practise more.
- Experts and teachers highly recommend them for students to do well in the exam.
- Students can easily learn some short-cut methods to solve Mathematical sums without any hassle.
- The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes are considered the one-stop solution for students’ needs
- It helps build a strong foundation for further studies in technical or mathematical fields.
- The Notes for class 7 Mathematics are a huge advantage for students as they will learn to tackle questions of any difficulty level that will be asked in the school exams.
How Extramarks Can Help Students for Class 10 Mathematics ?
Extramarks aims to help students to achieve good results. We offer the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes for students to build a strong foundation in the subject. These Mathematics notes are specially curated by a team of skilled subject experts with years of experience. The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes are designed in such a way that students are able to tackle questions of any difficulty level asked in the examinations. With the help of these class 7 Mathematics notes, they can revise all chapters included in the Class 7 Mathematics syllabus in time and study smartly.
There are many crucial topics included in the CBSE syllabus. It is important to study these concepts and get an in-depth understanding. The CBSE Class 7 Mathematics notes include many diagrams, pictures, and sketches for students to enjoy the learning process. Many short-cut techniques, tips, and tricks to solve problems quickly are mentioned in the CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Notes. The notes provide the most important questions, objectives, subjectives, and all other solutions to help students solve their doubts and get absolute clarity of the subject. Extramarks website has exhaustive study material, including CBSE revision notes, CBSE previous year’s question papers, CBSE sample papers, etc.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Which reference books should I use for class 7 Mathematics?
Below are the books that students can use to enhance their exam preparation
|MTG Mathematics Foundation Course for Class 7th||MTG Editorial Brand|
|S. Chand A Compact & Comprehensive IIT Foundation Mathematics for Class 7th||Anubhuti Gangal & S.K Gupta|
|Pearson IIT Foundation Series Mathematics for Class 7th||Pearson Education|
2. How many chapters have been covered in the NCERT solutions for class 7th?
The Extramarks NCERT solutions and chapter note both include explanations of the 15 chapters in the NCERT textbook. These chapters are distributed amongst the core topics of Algebra, Geometry, Constructions, Mensuration, and Statistics. All the chapters carry nearly equal weightage, so students must make sure that they study all the chapters using the notes provided by Extramarks.