CBSE Class 7 Science Revision Notes
CBSE Class 7 Science Notes – Introduction to CBSE Exam
The CBSE is regarded as the main board of education across our country and is fully administered by the Government of India. The CBSE syllabus is based on the national curriculum along with additional subjects. This curriculum allows students to gain knowledge and groom as competitive students for higher education. There are more than 25,000 schools affiliated with the CBSE Board around the country. The Central board of education offers structured, controlled and uniform courses in all schools, intending to focus on the overall development of students.
CBSE Class 7 Science Notes
Science is one of the most vital subjects in a student’s educational life. If they want to pursue Medical fields, Engineering fields or any technical-related fields, they need to build a strong foundation in the subject for higher studies. In class 7, basic concepts of science are introduced. Students must have a strong command over these topics to study the complex topics in the future.
The class 7 Science textbook is divided into the fundamental disciplines of physics, chemistry, and biology. Students might face difficulty comprehending some topics while some might be repeated, but it is important to develop a holistic knowledge of all three principles. Each section in the NCERT books carries equal weightage, and so students are advised to pay equal attention to all the concepts included in the CBSE Class 7 Science notes.
The CBSE Class 7 Science notes provide solutions to all textual objective and subjective questions along with some CBSE extra questions. With the help of the CBSE revision notes, students will learn to use a logical approach and method to answer the question in their examinations. The Class 7 Science notes aim to strengthen students’ foundation in science and help them tackle different questions of all difficulty levels easily and within no time.
Chapter-wise CBSE 10 Class Science Notes
The CBSE Class 7 Science Notes includes 18 chapters for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. It consists of well-explained and detailed theory and solutions to all the textual questions and the solved examples. Mentioned below is the list of all 18 chapters.
Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
- Modes of nutrition
- Autotrophic nutrition and heterotrophic nutrition
- Replenishment of nutrients in the soil
- Nutrition in plants
- Symbiotic relationship
Chapter 2 – Nutrition in Animals
- Nutrition in Animals
- Digestion in Humans
- Process of digestion in ruminants and amoeba
Chapter 3 – Fiber to Fabric
- Silk and wool
- Different varieties of wool and silk
- Life history of a silkmoth
Chapter 4 – Heat
- Heat and its principles
- Hot and cold objects
- Temperature, thermometer and range of temperature
- Types of thermometer
- Transfer of heat
- Land breeze and sea breeze
- Kinds of clothes
Chapter 5 – Acids, Bases and Salts
- Acidity and basicity
- Natural indicators
Chapter 6 – Physical and Chemical Changes
- Physical change and chemical change
- Rusting of iron and crystallization
Chapter 7 – Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate
- Effect of climate
- Adaptive features of the animals
- Polar regions and tropical rainforests
- Weather reports and migratory birds
Chapter 8 – Winds, Storms and Cyclones
- Natural calamities
- Properties of air
- Pressure, speed and temperature
- Effects of wind currents
- Thunderstorms and cyclones
- Repercussions and safety measures
Chapter 9 – Soil
- Soil and its importance
- Layers of soil, soil profile and soil types
- Properties of soil
- Moisture in the soil
- Absorption of water by soil
- Soil and crops
- Soil erosion
Chapter 10 – Respiration in Organisms
- Cellular respiration and anaerobic respiration
- Breathing and breathing rate
- Respiration in plants and fishes
Chapter 11 – Transportation in Animals and Plants
- Process of transportation
- Circulatory system and the excretory system
- Transportation in plants
- Transportation in underwater plants
Chapter 12 – Reproduction in Plants
- Asexual reproduction
- Sexual reproduction
- Budding, fragmentation and spore formation
- Fruits and seed formation
Chapter 13 – Motion and Time
- Motion and its types
- Time period
- Distance-time graph
Chapter 14 – Electric Current and Its Effects
- Electric components
- Heating effect of electric current
- Magnetic effect of electric current
- Working of the electric bell
Chapter 15 – Light
- Properties of light
- Reflection of light
- Images formed by a plane mirror
- Spherical mirrors
- Real and virtual images
- Lenses and their types
Chapter 16 – Water: A Precious Resource
- Water and its importance
- Conservation of water
- Different forms of water
- Distribution of water
- Water table
- Depletion of the water table
- Water scarcity
- Water management
Chapter 17 – Forests: Our Lifeline
- Various components of forest
- Interrelation of components
- Negative effects of deforestation
Chapter 18 – Wastewater Story
- Importance of clean water
- Treatment of polluted water
- Wastewater treatment plant (WWTP)
- Sewage disposal and sanitation
Students may click on the chapter to access the Extramarks CBSE CLass 7 Science notes of the respective chapter.
Key Features of Class 7 Science Notes
Some of the vital features of the Extramarks CBSE Class 7 Science notes include
- Covers all concepts of Science: The CBSE class 7 science notes cover all fundamental topics and principles and enable a comprehensive understanding of each chapter.
- Prepares students for examinations: With the help of these notes, students can prepare for school exams and national level entrance examinations. If students practise and solve the important questions regularly, they get an edge over the others in the difficult tests.
- Follows guidelines by CBSE: The 7th standard science notes are prepared according to the latest guidelines issued by the Central Board of Education. Students will not lose a single mark if they study diligently with the help of the CBSE Class 7 Science notes.
- Helps to complete assignments: Students can complete their homework and assignments with the help of the CBSE Class 7 Science notes. The answers provided in the notes are simple and lucid. In addition, students will learn how to tackle different questions independently.
- Revision of exclusive CBSE syllabus in less time: The CBSE class 7 science notes help students to revise all the chapters in a short span of time. The concise and well-structured notes include all important questions, terminologies, formulae and definitions in a condensed form. The 7th standard science notes ensure hassle-free revision with 100% error-free solutions.
CBSE Class 7 Science Notes
Extramarks have comprehensively explained all topics in the CBSE class 7 science notes. These notes are prepared after analysing the CBSE previous year question papers by expert teachers with years of experience. The team at Extramarks makes sure that with the assistance of the CBSE class 7 science notes, students can get a clear and concise idea of all concepts in the subject. Extramarks study material is very helpful for success in exams. These notes are a trustworthy source for preparation that ensure a hassle-free revision.
If students face any difficulty in their exam preparation, they can use the CBSE class 7 science notes and clarify their doubts. The solutions are easy to understand. The easy language used to write the solutions ensures that every student can grasp even the most difficult concepts easily. Students can access the CBSE Class 7 Science Notes by just clicking on the chapter wise links mentioned above. Extramarks also offers study materials like MCQ questions, CBSE sample papers, mock tests and question papers for free. Students may access all these study materials and boost exam preparations by registering at Extramarks.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is Science a difficult subject?
Science is a very demanding subject. It is challenging, but students can attain high scores by studying and learning regularly. Students must know all concepts in the NCERT Book thoroughly. They are advised to prepare a schedule and plan their timetable to analyse themselves based on their preparation levels. You can score well in science with regular practice, by addressing questions included in the CBSE Class 7 Science Notes and by referring to some of the best reference books.
2. How can CBSE Class 7 Science Notes help me in my exam preparation?
Students of Class 7 have good grasping power, and with the help of the Class 7 Science Notes, they can excel in their exams. These notes provided by Extramarks are considered to be a very important resource. They include all equations, diagrams, charts, formulae and extra questions for quick revision. Students are advised to study using the CBSE Class 7 Science Notes to grasp difficult yet important concepts easily.
3. I use the CBSE Class 7 Science Notes, should I use reference books?
Yes. Reference books are very important to gain an in-depth understanding of any topic. Therefore, the NCERT Book should be given priority. After a thorough study of the textbook, students should revise and practise questions from the CBSE Class 7 Science Notes.
In addition to CBSE Class 7 Science notes, students can use the following reference books:
- Universal Science by Pearson for CBSE Class 7
- Full Marks Guide of Science for Class 7.
- Golden (New Age) Guide of Science for Class 7 by NK Gupta.
- Oxford Amazing Science Book 7.
- All in One Science Book.