CBSE Class 9 Science Revision Notes
Introduction to CBSE Exam
The CBSE board is considered to be the academic cornerstone of excellence in the educational lives of students. It is a very student-friendly board that not only focuses on theoretical but also on practical (job-oriented) education. The exam pattern, based on the NCERT syllabus, ensures that students do not face pressure but study in an interactive and interesting manner. It offers flexibility to students and parents seeking admission as there are more than 25,000 schools affiliated with CBSE.
CBSE Class 9 Science
Class 9 lays the groundwork for higher education. It is considered to be the make-or-break year in a student’s life. Students are advised to pay utmost attention to Class 9 as it is a fundamental resource that covers important topics of all subjects for higher classes. Science can be challenging and difficult as it includes concepts from three disciplines: physics, chemistry, and biology. To make it easy, students must gain an in-depth understanding of all important topics and revise all questions included in the books. With the help of the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes, continuous efforts, and regular practice, students will be able to attain maximum marks in their examinations.
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes
After studying the entire chapter from the NCERT books, students must be looking for 9th science notes to memorise important points quickly. Solutions for textual questions are most searched by students. To gain a better understanding, students must use these CBSE Class 9 Science Notes on a daily basis. The notes include detailed and well-explained solutions to all questions included in each chapter of the notes for class 9 science. The most difficult topics are also explained in a comprehensive way. Students will get an insight into the entire summary of the chapter as well. Some conceptual questions are also included between the notes to test students’ understanding levels.
The CBSE Class 9 Science Notes aims to help students to get access to solutions to their unending doubts. Students have achieved higher grades by using the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes. These notes are an ideal resource that students can use to understand topics such as Tissues, Living Life Forms, Force, Movement, Energy, Work, Light, Sound, etc. in the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology discipline of Science. The colourful diagrams, tables, and charts included in the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes helps students to form an imaginary picture in their head which will consequently build up their confidence in the subject.
Chapter Wise CBSE Class 9 Science Notes
The notes include solutions of all 15 chapters in simple and easy-going language. Below are the chapter-wise details of CBSE Class 9 Science Notes.
Chapter 1 – Matter in Our Surroundings:
In this chapter, the concept of nature and its elements is included. The chapter enables the students to relate to different changes occurring in everyday life due to the effect of temperature and pressure
- Matter – Physical nature, characteristics
- States of matter, physical and chemical changes
- Diffusion, Evaporation
- Effects of Temperature and Pressure.
Chapter 2 – Is Matter Around Us Pure:
This chapter is an extension of the first chapter. It talks about the different methods used to separate matter based on physical and chemical changes in the notes for class 9 science.
- Mixture and its types
- Solutions and their properties
- suspension and colloidal solution
- Mixtures and compounds.
Chapter 3 – Atoms and Molecules:
The 9th science notes help students understand important concepts related to Atoms and Molecules.
- Laws of Chemical combination
- Dalton’s Atomic theory
- Molecules, Atoms and their elements
- Molecular Mass, Ions, Mole concept
- Write Chemical formulas
Chapter 4 – Structure of the Atom:
This chapter is very interesting. It involves numerical questions related to different theories based on the structure of atoms.
- Thomson and Rutherford’s Atomic models
- Atomic and mass number
Chapter 5 – The Fundamental Unit of Life:
This chapter is related to Biology. Students learn in detail about the cell structure in animals and plants.
- Cell theory and types of cells
- Diffusion and osmosis
- Animal and Plant cells
- Hypotonic, Hypertonic and Isotonic solutions
Chapter 6 – Tissues:
Students will learn about the differences between animal and plant tissue. These have been well explained with illustrated diagrams in CBSE Class 9 Science Notes.
- Plant and animal tissues
- Meristematic tissues
- Permanent tissue
- Xylem and phloem
Chapter 7 – Diversity in Living Organisms:
This chapter gives a detailed explanation of the hierarchy in the plant and animal kingdoms. The system of classification and their ways of life are also mentioned in a comprehensive manner.
- Various Plant and Animal Kingdoms
- Hierarchy of classification.
Chapter 8 – Motion:
This chapter is based on terms related to Physics. It includes concepts of speed and direction of motion.
- Distance and displacement
- Uniform and non-uniform motion
- Speed, velocity and acceleration
Chapter 9 – Force and Laws of Motion:
The CBSE Class 9 Science notes enhance students’ conceptual understanding of Force and Motion. Many numerals and application-based important questions are also included.
- Force, effects, and types of force
- Mass and Inertia
- Momentum and mass
- Second and third laws of motion
Chapter 10 – Gravitation:
The chapter gives the students a vivid idea about gravitational force.
- Newton’s law of gravitation
- Mass and weight
- Thrust, density and pressure
- Buoyancy, Archimedes principle
Chapter 11 – Work, Power, and Energy:
The chapter included in the CBSE Class 9 Science notes helps students to understand the concepts of work and energy. Students require mathematical skills to learn this chapter better.
- Work and its unit
- Types of work
- Energy and its types
- Law of conservation energy
- Power and its unit.
Chapter 12 – Sound:
This chapter provides insight into the production of sound and how it travels from the source to our ears.
- Production and propagation of sound
- Sound waves, their characteristics
- Various sound-related concepts
- Speed of sound in multiple mediums
- Echo, a reflection of sound, range of hearing
- Ultrasound, sonar
- Structure of the human ear
Chapter 13 – Why do we Fall Ill?:
This chapter focuses on the significance of health and the value of hygiene in our life in the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes.
- Types of diseases, microorganisms, and antibiotics
- Ways to control the spread of infectious diseases
- Causes, preventions, and treatment
Chapter 14 – Natural Resources:
Students realise the importance of natural resources and get an in-depth understanding of the various concepts related to them.
- Biosphere and atmosphere
- Air pollution, its causes,
- Rain, and acid rain
- Greenhouse effect
- Water pollution, and its causes
- Soil erosion, and its causes.
Chapter 15 – Improvement in Food Resources:
The CBSE Class 9 Science Notes helps students to learn about the nutrients supplied by air, water, and soil in this chapter.
- Green and white revolution
- Crop seasons, variety and production
- Manures and fertilizers
- Animal husbandry, fish production, and beekeeping
- Pest control and diseases in cattle farming
Benefits of CBSE Class 9 Science Notes
Some of the crucial benefits of CBSE class 9 Science notes by Extramarks include:
- The CBSE Class 9 Science notes are available for free.
- They can be used anytime a student wants them.
- The CBSE Class 9 Science Notes carry all important concepts, CBSE extra questions of all the chapters included in the CBSE syllabus.
- Students will be able to develop time management skills. Studying from the notes also helps them to analyze themselves based on their preparation level.
- Helps to solve doubts and avoids confusion.
Students may access the CBSE class 9 Science notes on Extramarks by registering on the website.
CBSE Class 9 Science Notes
The CBSE Class 9 Science notes act as a strong catalyst with summary, important key points, and detailed explanations. The notes provided by Extramarks are made by the subject matter experts with utmost precision according to the guidelines by the NCERT. Extramarks aims to ensure maximum preparation with precision. The CBSE Class 9 Science Notes can be accessed on any device so that the students don’t have to worry about the internet. Extramarks understands the doubts and problems faced by students of Class 9 while studying the Science subject. The CBSE Class 9 Science Notes are quite beneficial to reduce stress and boost confidence.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the best books I should use along with CBSE Class 9 Science Notes?
Here is the list of some science reference books for Class 9 which students must include in their examination preparation.
- Science for Class 9 – Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur
- Foundation Science by HC VERMA
- Science books by Pradeep publications
2. Can I score good marks using the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes?
To score good marks in the examination, students must refer to the CBSE Class 9 Science Notes provided by the team of Extramarks. Along with this, the selection of the right study material is crucial. To gain a better understanding of concepts, students should also solve the CBSE sample papers and CBSE past year question papers. Revise all formulae and chemical equations for each chapter. Students may refer to the CBSE Class 9 Science notes provided by Extramarks during revision as well. It is considered to be one of the best options for CBSE revision notes. They should make and plan a schedule to cover the entire syllabus which will help to manage time effectively. Students should give equal attention to all concepts and should not skip any chapter in Science Class 9.